DirecTV is one of the most preferable American direct broadcast satellite service providers. It is a good alternative option for those people who don’t have a cable connection. But, despite its fastest technology and unmatched functionalities, there are certain major to minor technical glitches that can crop up after an extended period.
DirecTV now error 40 is one of such error notifications that users often encounter. This situation mostly appears when users try to access the DirecTV application through the Apple TV or try to run any other platform.
Most of the users face this error due to the data transmission error. Moreover, using outdated versions of DirecTV can also trigger this error.
If you want to get rid of it immediately, then you have arrived on the right page. Here, you will get to know all the best possible ways to troubleshoot the DirecTV error.
Solutions to Fix DirecTV Now Error 40
This section of the article will provide you with various troubleshooting methods that will help you eliminate this error. Hence, you need to follow the methods in the same order as instructed to get a satisfactory result.
Fix 1: Refresh the DirecTV
A majority of users claim that after refreshing the DirecTV, they find that this error gets eradicated from their device. Therefore, you can also try out this process to resolve the error.
- First, remove the power cable of the receiver device from the power outlet and wait for about 30 seconds. After that, reconnect it.
- Now, press the Power button for another 30 seconds till the reboot is finished.
- Invoke the DirecTV Now service again and refresh it to review whether the Video error gets removed or not.
Fix 2: Reset the Settings
Sometimes, wrong settings or misconfiguration becomes a significant issue in DirecTV error. Therefore, whenever you try to turn it on, an error notification pops on the display screen saying “DirecTV now error 40”.
To reset the settings, you can follow the undermentioned steps.
Step 1: Turn on the device where you need to run the DirecTV Now. For example, if you are an Apple TV user, then make Apple as the platform of the DirecTV Now. Now, turn on the Apple TV and then navigate to the Settings section.
Step 2: Once the Settings Properties window opens, you will see multiple options, enlisted there. From the option, you need to select the “Audio and Video” sub-menu.
Step 3: under the “Audio and Video” sub-menu, reset the Audio Out to the Apple TV. Further, another thing that you must review that both of the Sound and Music Effects are Enabled. Now, you have to make the necessary changes and then check if the error still appears on not.
After resetting the settings, if you still find the DirecTV error, then you can proceed with the next fix.
Fix 3: Remove the Cache
Accumulation of junk files and the bulk of data in cache affects the Performace of the DirecTV Now application. In such situations, you might encounter this auto-file error. To get rid of this, you can go through the steps underneath.
- At first, launch the Settings by hitting the Gear icon. Under the Settings window, choose the Apps icon.
- After that, inside the Apps section, you will find various options. From there, select Manage Installed Apps to get the list where all the installed applications are enlisted.
- Now, select the DirecTV Now application to invoke the entire details. Once you get the entire detail, choose the Clear Data and Clear Cache option respectively to clear the junk items from the DirecTV Now application.
Fix 4: Modify the DirecTV Service
If removing the cache and resettings the settings are not enough to resolve the DirecTV error, then you might need to modify the DirecTV service to overcome this.
Here are the steps that should be followed to modify the DirecTV service.
Step 1: Press the Reset button of the DirecTV access card door. Then, remove the power cord of the receiver (like Apple TV) from the power outlet.
Step 2: Wait for a while and then re-connect it. Lastly, press the Power button to reboot and wait until the receiver gets restarted.
Fix 5: Update the DirecTV Service
After modifying the DirecTV service, if you still get stuck with the same error, then you need to update the DirecTV service.
A backdated software won’t be able to manage the updated service due to its low memory capacity. Under this circumstance, if you want to watch an HD video on DirecTV Now, your device might display DirecTV now error 40.
In such situations, you need to update the DirecTV service. To do so, go through the following steps.
Press the combination of the Windows logo + R key to open the Run window. Once the Run window opens, write “devmgmt.msc” into it and hit the Enter key.
This process will invoke the Device Manager window, Under the Device Manager, navigate to the Installed Software section and locate the DirecTV from this list. Thereafter, you need to select the “Update” option from the appeared menu.
Now, you need to confirm this process by tapping on the Yes button as well as the OK button. This process will take a few minutes to complete. So, be patient and do not interrupt the process.
Once the process is over, restart the receiver and invoke the DirecTV service to verify whether the error still there on your device or not.
Fix 6: Re-install the DirecTV Now Application
If none of the above methods works, then you might require to re-install the DirecTV Now app.
Basically, an improper installation won’t be able to make a smooth DirecTV service in your receiver. Even, a corrupted file or missing setup file can also trigger the error.
On such occasions, you should uninstall the DirecTV application and then install the updated version of it. To do so, follow the steps underneath.
- Open the Start by clicking on the Start icon. Then, write “Control Panel” into the Search field. After that, you will find the Control Panel option at the top of the search result.
- Under the Control Panel window, a list of options will appears on the screen. From the list, you need to select the “Programs and Features” option.
- Afterward, locate and choose the DirecTV application. Now, right-click on it and select the “Uninstall” option from the queue window.
- Confirm it by tapping on the OK button twice and reboot your device to let the new changes take effect.
- Once the DirecTV is removed from your device, go to the official website of the DirecTV and install the newest reliable version by following the on-screen instructions.
In this post, we have mentioned all the important details regarding DirecTV now error 40. If you want to know more about it, then leave your queries in the comment section below.
Further, you can also comment on the feedback section to let us know about your experience.