Irrespective of the Windows version, be it 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, you may come across a connection failed error at any point in time. The reason might be associated with the default connection of the modem and PPPoE connection.
This error primarily appears in the form of “Connection error 651”. There might be various reasons associated with it. Your IP address may start conflicting with the network files and drivers. When the registry gets corrupted “Error 651” can occur.
Now, to overcome the issue, this article will guide you with easy steps solutions that will help you to fix the error.
3 Easy Solutions to Fix Connection Error 651
Here are 3 easy solutions that will guide you on how to fix connection failed with error 651 in your Windows system.
Fix 1: Restart the PC And Modem
The network issue mainly occurs due to modem or PC related issues. And you will encounter problems when you try to connect to an unstable internet connection.
You can simply restart the Modem and PC/Laptop to get back the lost connection. And for that, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
First, you have to turn off your computer. Next, turn off the modem connection and unplug it from its power source. You have to unplug all the cables that are connected to the modem and system.
Then, you have to wait for a few minutes. After that, again connect the cables properly. Replug the modem to its power source and then switch it On. Lastly, turn on the computer and try to open any website to verify whether the error persists or not
Fix 2: Reset the TCP/IP Settings
Confliction among the IP addresses can create connection error 651 on your PC or laptop. So, if the above-mentioned step did not work, you can go for resetting the TCP/IP address.
Whether you are a user of Windows 7,8,8.1 or Windows 10, by running a single command you will be able to reset the TCP/IP address.
- First, you have to find and open a Command Prompt in the Windows system from the Start menu.
- Tap on the Command Prompt option, and write “netsh int ip reset reset.log” and hit Enter after that.
- Next, restart your device to check the internet connection. Test if the error gets mitigated or not.
Fix 3: Re-configure the Dial-Up Connection
At times, the current network connection can create issues during a particular session. To avoid such disturbances, you can simply reconfigure the dial-up connection to solve the Connection Error.
You simply have to follow these easy steps:
- First, go to the Network icon and choose the “Network and Sharing Center” option.
- Then, go for the “Change Adaptor Options”. You will be able to see the modem or dial-up connection.
- Next, you have to right-click on the connection and tap on the “Create Copy” option.
- This will help you to create a copy of the existing connection. Remove the old connection and try to connect it with the new one.
If this method does not help you to solve the problem then you can try to disable the IPV6 or update the network drivers.
These are a few steps that will help you to fix the Connection error 651. Don’t forget to leave a comment below or share your queries.