Yahoo, being a remarkable web service provider, provides users links to thousands of websites. Further, you might know that Yahoo services are protected by a particular username and password.
But, it is equally important to update or change its passwords from time to time to enhance security. Resetting the password is not all a hassle but you need to know the accurate steps to proceed.
If you completely forget your Yahoo password, then to change the Yahoo password is the only way out. Thus, we are going to help you with the proficient ways through which you can set a new password for your Yahoo account.
Easy Steps to Change Yahoo Password
A strong Yahoo password is remarkably important to keep your account safe. Thus, make sure to follow this guide to change and reset Yahoo password.
For Mobile Device/Desktop
To change your Yahoo password for mobile or desktop web browser, make sure to follow the steps cited below.
- First of all, open Yahoo mail and then log in to your account.
- For new Yahoo mail users, click on your name located at the top of the page and select Account Info. For basic Yahoo Mail users, click on the menu beside your name to select Account Info and then click on Go.
- On the Personal Info page, go to Account Security situated on the left side. Within the “How you sign in” section, click on Change Password.
- Enter a new and strong password for your Yahoo Account. You need to enter it twice for confirmation and lastly click on Continue.
- If a window prompting for recovery email and phone number, either you can provide the information or skip it according to your choice.
Note: You can skip this step by clicking on “I’ll secure my account later” link.
- This will bring you back to the Account Security page. Now, click on Mail to go back to the emails.
For Yahoo Mobile Applications
To change your Yahoo password through Yahoo mobile applications, make sure to follow the steps cited below.
- Press the Menu icon and then tap on the Manage Accounts option. Now, go to Account Info.
- Tap on the Security Setting and type the security code.
- Go to Change password and tap on “I would rather change my password”.
- Type the new password and confirm it. After that, tap on Continue.
What to Do in Case of a Forgotten Password?
If you have forgotten the Yahoo password for your Yahoo account then follow the steps cited below.
- First of all, go to the Login Page of Yahoo and then enter the email address. After that, click on Next.
- Now, click on “I forgot my password”, just below the Sign-in button. Select a method for verification.
- After verification, you will be able to see the Security Page of Yahoo. Click on Change Password situated on the right side of the page.
- Enter a new and strong password. Once done, make sure to confirm it and click on Continue.
How to Reset a Yahoo Password?
If you want to reset the password of your Yahoo account then make sure to follow the steps cited below.
- First of all, go to Yahoo Sign-in helper.
- Insert one of the account recovery items from the list and then click on Continue.
- After that, follow the instructions that appear on the Sign-in Helper for a succesful password reset.
Additional Guide: How to Keep Your Yahoo Account Protected?
If you are wondering how to set your password so that it can your account protected then make sure you follow the tips cited in this section.
- Use unique or uncommon words and avoid obvious words as your password.
- Make the password a bit longer and include more characters within it.
- Do not repeat alphabets or provide adjacent characters one after another.
- Try to include numerical and alphanumerics and use more passphrases.
We hope the guide provided would help you to change as well as reset the Yahoo Password. If you have any queries then state that through the comment section.