AOL offers a free web-based mail service that you can use to manage your mails and contacts. But, with prolonged use, technical glitches can occur and you may find that you are unable to log into the AOL mail.
There might be various reasons behind this problem but you need to mitigate the problem at once. So, if you can’t log into AOL mail then we can help you with the efficient hacks that resolve the issue.
Reasons Behind AOL Mail Won’t Load:
Well, there are the prime reasons that can procure this kind of problem on AOL. So, let’s check out the reasons as it can help you to focus and eliminate the problem at the earliest.
- Forgot password and email username.
- Accumulation of cache memory and junk files.
- Modified settings of web browsers.
These are the most prominent reasons if can’t open AOL mail’. Now, let’s see what you can do to recover from this problem.
Top-Notch Solutions if You Can’t Log Into AOL Mail
Mostly, there is a mismatch between the password or username. Thus, if you are facing the error, then first you need to verify the password and username. Make sure that you are using the correct cases for alphabets. If this is not enough to fix the AOL login issue then go through the hacks listed below:
Fix 1: Modify Browser Settings
You can get rid of this AOL mail issue by resetting the browser settings to default. The browser settings may affect the performance of web services such as AOL.
Thus, follow the procedure depending on the web browser you are using (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox).
For Google Chrome:
- Launch the Google Chrome browser.
- Next, head towards the three dots or horizontal lines at the top-right corner of Chrome. There is a More option on Google Chrome, click on it and choose Settings from the pop-menu.
- Go to the bottom of the page and locate Advanced option, click on it.
- Now, select ‘Restore settings to their original defaults’ under the Reset Settings section.
- Click on Reset Settings under the ‘Reset and Cleanup’ section.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the resetting process.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Firstly, launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to the three aligned dots or horizontal lines and click on the Main menu.
- Choose the Help option and select the ‘Troubleshooting Information’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Refresh Firefox’ option and lastly, click on the Finish option.
When you are done with the resetting process, again try to log into AOL mail. If this hack does not work then you can try to recover the password.
Fix 2: Password Recovery
If you can’t log in then it is due to password issues. You can recover the password associated with your AOL mail by following these 2 fixes given below (based on your preference).
Change the Password:
If you can’t remember the last password that you had set for AOL mail then you can simply change the password. Follow the steps below in order to recover from the AOL mail sign-in issue.
- You have to visit the AOL page associated with account security.
- Choose the Change Password option.
- Provide a fresh password and click on the Continue option.
Next, try to login to the AOL mail account with this new password.
Reset the Password:
You can reset the password if required. Just go through the guidelines given below:
- Proceed to the Sign-in Helper option.
- You have to choose from the options that appear on the screen based on your preference to recover the account.
- Finally, click on the Continue option.
Lastly, you have to follow the screen guides to complete the resetting process. This will surely fix your issue in case you can’t log into AOL mail.
Hopefully, the fixes will help you to recover the AOL mail. If you also consider switching between the web browser. Otherwise, if the network servers are down then you have to wait until they are functional again.
Don’t forget to clear the caches from time to time. Share your feedback and suggestion through the comments section. Visit our website for more tech-based articles.