Avast is a popular antivirus, which protects your devices from viruses, malware, etc. It also acts as a shield between the system and online spam to protect your valuable data from hacking. To work with Avast, it is essential to update the program from time to time. However, many users are encountering an error “Avast UI failed to load” right after updating the antivirus.
It is quite embarrassing while launching the antivirus after restarting the system. This error is acknowledged by many Avast users updating the program to a version higher than 17.1.2286.
To know the reasons triggering the error along with its fixes, you can go through this article.
Reasons why Avast UI Failed to Load
We have found some factors that may cause the error notification regarding Avast UI failure.
- Some software conflicts in the system might block the launching of Avast antivirus.
- When a new version is launched without BITS, Terminal Services, Remote Desktop Services, etc, Avast antivirus can end up with this error message.
- If the Remote Desktop Services is disabled somehow, Avast UI may fail to load properly.
Resolve Avast UI Failed to Load Issue with these Hacks
In the previous section, we have discussed the possible causes behind this Avast error. So, after restarting the system if you can’t fix the problem, have a look at the below-mentioned methods. Start applying them one after one to see which method fixed the error.
Fix 1: Configure Remote Desktop Services
Remote Desktop Service plays a very crucial role in your computer. If this service is somehow disabled, it may cause errors in those applications that use Remote Desktop Service. So, follow the steps mentioned below to re-enable the service and stop the error message.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing “Windows + R”. Type “services.msc” in the space and hit Enter. This will open the Services window.
- Look for “Remote Desktop Service” and right-click on it. Click on “Properties” from the options.
- A new “Remote Desktop Services Properties” window will open. Here, go to the “General” tab and change the “Startup Type” to “Automatic”.
- Also, tap on “Start”, click on “Apply” and press OK.
- After restarting the system, launch Avast Antivirus and see if the error is still appearing on the screen.
Note: If you are a Windows XP user, find and enable these two following services: “Service Terminal Server(Terminal Service)” and “Background Intelligent Transfer Service(BITS)”.
Fix 2: Use Repair Tool for Avast
Sometimes, the error gets eliminated after using a repair tool for the antivirus. To apply this method, follow the instruction below.
- Go to Control Panel, look for the “Programs and Features” option and click on it.
- This will open a new window with a list of programs installed on the system.
- Look for Avast and right-click on it. To remove this program, choose the “Uninstall/Change” option.
- Make sure to select the “Change” option and click on “Repair”.
- Wait until Avast completes the necessary repairing.
After that, close the window and restart your system. Launch Avast and check if the error persists.
Fix 3: Uninstall and Reinstall Avast
If the above-mentioned method does not work, you can try this method. Here, you first need to remove the application and reinstall the latest version of Avast. So, follow the below-mentioned methods to resolve Avast UI failed to load issue.
- Follow the steps discussed in fix 2 and view the list of programs. Now, locate “Avast”, right-click on it and choose “Uninstall”. The uninstalling process will take some time to complete.
- Make sure to remove all the components of Avast and perform a restart after completing the entire process.
- After restarting the system, reinstall the latest Avast program and launch it.
Now, check if Avast UI is still not loading and generating the failure report.
While running Avast Antivirus on your system, UI plays an important role in maintaining the software. So, for some reason, if Avast UI fails to load, don’t ignore the issue and resolve the loading error.
We hope, these three methods will help you to solve the error without creating any further issue. In case, you come across certain problems while applying them or the fixes don’t work, notify us in the comments below.