AOL has millions of users across the globe that allows the users to send and receive emails without any subscriptions. However, there might be several faults and issues that come after a certain period of time.
Despite all of its issues and errors, AOL mail won’t open if there is something wrong within the Spam folder. Sometimes, an inappropriate browser setting or accumulation of caches can lead to abrupt problems.
Enabling the firewall or the browser’s protected mode can also result in this issue. However, there are lots of verified solutions that can resolve the issue at once.
So, if you note that AOL mail is not opening, we can help you to overcome this issue as soon as possible.
5 Methods to Fix AOL Mail Won’t Open
So, let’s start with the methods, we have discussed to fix AOL won’t open on Windows OS. You can proceed with either one of the solutions or all the methods until the AOL mails start working without any glitch.
Method 1: Check for the Spam Folder on AOL Mail
Unfortunately, if you find there is spam in your AOL mail, then sometimes it can restrict the service to open. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- First, if the computer is turned on, simply open a web browser to proceed.
- Now, open the AOL mail Home Page. Enter the Login ID, Password and hit the Enter key.
- When the AOL mail opens, click the three bars on the right-top side. Select the Spam folder from the list.
- After that, select all the messages that are marked as spamming. Then, click the “Not Spam” option.
After completing all the steps accurately, restart the AOL mail and see if the mail is now working appropriately. If the issue remains, try the next solution we have discussed below.
Method 2: Reset the Web Settings
Sometimes, if you are using multiple browsers on your PC, then you need to change the settings to run AOL mail. In that case, you need to reset all the web settings to eliminate this AOL issue.
These are the steps that you need to follow to accomplish the task. (Here, we have mentioned the steps associated with Internet Explorer)
- If the computer is turned on, simply close all windows and tabs that are open to proceed.
- After that, launch the Internet Explorer and click the three dots on the top-right side.
- Locate the Tools option from the list and click on it to open the Web options.
- Click the Internet option from the list and locate the Advanced tab option.
- Open the tab and click on the Reset option.
- After that, select the Reset button again when the confirmation dialog box appears.
- Now, simply wait for the process to complete.
When the task is successfully over, close all the tabs manually and restart the computer to see if the issue is now fixed. If somehow the error still remains even after performing these steps, you can try to clear the cache.
Method 3: Clear the Browser’s Cache
Cache files get stored in the system every time you surf or visit any internet site. If these caches start accumulating then it can be quite harmful for the browsers. Furthermore, they have the potential to halt several online services.
In that case, you need to clear all those caches from the browser to get AOL in the working state. Here are the steps that you need to follow to complete the above task.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your PC and tap the three horizontal bars on the top-right side of the screen.
- Now, locate the More Tools option from the list and click on that option to proceed.
- After that, select the More option and locate the Clear Browsing Data option from the list.
- Select the Time Range option and click on the All-Time option.
- After that, check the Cached Images option, Cookies and other Site Data option.
- Finally, click the Clear Data option and click on the Yes button to complete the above task.
After the task is successful accurately, restart the browser and try to log into the AOL mail to see if the issue is fixed. You can also try to disable the security settings of the system to initiate the proper function of any application.
Method 4: Disable the Firewall Temporarily
A firewall is another aspect that can halt various email services including the AOL mail. So, you need to disable the Firewall services temporarily to overcome this issue.
Have a look at the solutions we have discussed below to accomplish the following method.
- Turn On the computer and open the Control Panel from the Windows Search panel or from the Run Command.
- Now, when the Control Panel opens, locate the “System and Security” option and click on it.
- After that, select the Windows Firewall option from the sub-menu.
- Now, click on the Turn Off Windows Firewall option from the list and click the OK button to continue.
- Finally, click the Apply button and click the OK button below to complete the above task.
After completing all the steps, restart the computer normally and try to login to the AOL mail. You can also try to disable the Protected mode to mitigate this issue.
Method 5: Disable the Protected Mode
Sometimes the users knowingly or unknowingly enabled the protected mode that may interfere with AOL mail. So, if you are encountering the issue, then have a look at these steps discussed below to disable the Protected mode. Here we have specified the steps for Internet Explorer.
- Launch the Internet Explorer on your PC and locate the Settings option.
- Locate the Tools option from the menu and click on that option to proceed.
- After that, click on the Internet Options from the available list.
- Click on the Security tab and deselect the “Enable Protected Mode” option.
- Finally, click the Save button restart the browser manually.
Now, when the browser starts, log into the AOL mail and hopefully, the issue will get fixed permanently.
These are all the effective and relevant solutions that will help you to fix all errors in case AOL won’t open on your PC. All you need to do is proceed with each and every step accurately.
In case, the AOL mail is still not opening even after completing all the methods, then there might be network errors. Thus, you need to consult with your ISP. Finally, if you have any suggestions then feel free to share that through the comment section.