In today’s digital era, Acer is one of the most popular laptop brands for its advanced features and attractive designs. But, there can be certain problems that users might experience from time to time with this brand.
If you purchase a new product but, Acer laptop won’t turn on easily, it is the most annoying error among all. Many Acer users have come across this laptop glitch, where they try to turn on their devices. But, instead, they end up with a condition, where Acer Aspire won’t turn on and no lights are flashed from its indicator.
This situation can arise due to various reasons like corrupted software, faulty BIOS or improper installation of Windows. If you are currently encountering this error, this post will help to turn on your Acer laptop.
In this article, you will get all the important information regarding the effective troubleshooting hacks to overcome this error. So, stay connected with this post until you find a suitable procedure to make your Acer device turned on.
Troubleshooting Measures To Apply When Acer Laptop Won’t Turn On Normally
Follow up the undermentioned section and try out all the methods to switch on your Acer laptop.
Method 1: Hard Reset or Force Restart
If your Acer laptop fails to boot into the current Operating System or won’t turn on, then it is suggested to execute a hard reset at first. Executing a hard reset can resolve certain internal errors in the laptop. It can also drain out the residual power that may be triggering this specific error in your Lenovo device.
To perform this action, follow the steps underneath.
Step 1: First, turn off your Acer laptop by pressing the Power button. Press the tab until the Power light indicator automatically turns off. Once your laptop switches off, unplug the AC adapter as well as the power cable from the electrical socket.
Step 2: After that, disconnect all the external peripherals or devices connected to your laptop like printers, USB drives, etc.
Step 3: Now, remove the battery from the laptop and reinstall/change it, if needed. Then, connect the power cable into the supply unit. Press the Power button for a few seconds to turn on the device.
After performing the hard reset, if your device still has the booting issues, then go for the next solution.
Method 2: Boot your Device in Safe Mode
Safe Mode allows you to load the Windows without launching the driver or startup applications. It helps you to resolve various system errors including the condition when Acer aspire won’t turn on.
To boot your device in Safe Mode, follow these steps below.
- Turn on your device by pressing the Power button. Afterward, press the Shift key along with the F8 key to start the booting process.
- After performing this action, you will find the Recovery Mode list. Here, locate and select the “See Advanced Repair” option.
- Next, choose the “Troubleshooting” option from the menu and click on the “Advanced Options”.
- Next, navigate to the “Windows Startup Settings” and select the “Restart” option. After restarting your device, you will see the “Advanced Boot” option on the screen.
- This process will allow the device to enter the boot menu in Safe Mode. Now, you can select the “Safe mode with networking” option.
- Finally, tap on the “Safe Mode” option from the queue window and review whether the error gets resolved or not.
Method 3: Update or Reset the BIOS to Default
If your Acer laptop attempts multiple booting processes, then the occurrence of such error is quite a common event. In such situations, you can update or reset the BIOS to its default setting.
To do this process, you have to follow the steps underneath.
First, reboot your Acer laptop. If you are not able to restart your device, then try to force restart your device. When the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the “F12” key repeatedly. Continue this until you find the “Entering Setup” label on the right corner of the menu.
Click on the “Options” to reboot BIOS to the default settings. Now, you need to navigate to the “Default Settings” and do the necessary task by following the on-screen instructions.
After resetting the BIOS configuration, if the Acer laptop doesn’t turn on, then update the BIOS.
Now, hit the ESC key to come out of the BIOS screen and choose the “Save and Exit” option to save the recent changes.
Steps to Update the BIOS
- At first, open the Start menu by tapping on the Start icon. Then, initiate the System Infomation.
- After that, review your device’s model name and find out the BIOS version number.
- Once you find both of these, visit the BIOS manufacturer’s support site and locate the BIOS Update file.
- Then, be sure that the update file is the latest version of the BIOS. Now, go through further instructions to update the file.
Method 4: Disable the Automatic Restart Feature
If you have unknowingly enabled the “Automatic Restart” feature on your Acer device, you can face this problem. Under this circumstance, follow the below-discussed steps to disable the option of Automatic Restart.
- Reboot your device. Thereafter, press the Power button until the screen goes black.
- Press the F8 key as soon as the Acer logo appears on the display screen.
- When the Boot menu appears on the screen, choose the “Disable Automatic Restart” option. Now, hit the Enter key to save the new changes.
Method 5: Execute a Complete System Restore
If none of the above-discussed methods works, then you can perform a complete system restore. This will permit the device to restore every setting on it. Also, you can easily revet to the previous settings to make your Lenovo laptop operate in a working state.
Here are the steps that should be followed to execute the system restore process.
Step 1: Firstly, restart your device. If you are not able to do this, then do a force restart to proceed further. Press the F8 key immediately before the Windows logo appears on the screen.
Step 2: Select the “Repair your Computer” from the resultant menu and wait until the repair mode is ready to proceed. After that, hit the OK button and select your Windows account when prompted. Next hit the “System Restore” option.
Step 3: As soon as you perform this action, Windows will show all the points for the System Restore. You can now choose a point, where everything was in the workable condition. So, hit the “Next” button to restore the selected point on your device.
Frequently Asked Question:
- How do I force restart my Acer laptop?
To force restart the Acer laptop, switch on the device and when it boots into Windows. Then, force-stop the device by pressing the Power button until the device completely shuts down. Repeat this process 3 times, On the 3rd attempt, the device will be restarted forcefully.
- How do I manually reboot my laptop?
Press the combination of Ctrl+Shift+Del. This will display a new window, where various options are enlisted. Now, tap on the Power icon and choose Restart. This will reboot the device.
Sum it Up:
We hope, after following the above-discussed methods, you will be able to turn on the Acer Aspire device. If you face any other issue with your laptop, then you can comment in the feedback section below.
For more tech-related articles, keep following our posts on a regular basis.