A better way is to connect the laptop with the TV is relying on the HDMI feature. The latest model of laptops comes with the HDMI cable. But if you are using an older version, then you can use an adapter or choose to connect it through the wireless mode.
If you are unaware of how to connect laptop to TV with HDMI, or if after updating to Windows 10, the connection seems unstable, then you need effective workarounds.
Here, you will get to know the simple methods along with hacks which can help you to connect the two devices. So, let’s begin.
How to Solve Connection Problems While Connecting Laptop to TV with HDMI?
If you are facing problems while connecting Laptop to TV using HDMI cable, then you can solve that by following the methods described below:
Way 1: Restart and Reconnect the Device
It may happen that you are unable to connect the devices due to hardware problems. So, you need to make sure that the hardware components are connected properly with both the devices.
To check this, you can restart the device and reconnect them by following the below steps:
- Disconnect all of the HDMI cables from the ports.
- Turn both the device off. Afterward, unplug the power cables of both the devices.
- Wait for at least 5-7 minutes.
- Now, you can replug the power cables nack into the power outlet.
- Afterward, connect the HDMI cables back to the devices.
- Lastly, turn the device On.
Now, you can check if the issue is resolved. Else, you can perform the next solution stated below.
Way 2: Configure the Display Settings
Due to the misconfiguration of Display settings, you can face this problem. So, you need to reconfigure the Display settings of the laptop.
To check the Display settings of a laptop, you can press the P and Win key simultaneously from the keyboard. It will open a list of settings as follows:
- PC screen/Computer only: If you want to use the first monitor only, then you can click on this.
- Duplicate: If you want to watch the same content on both the display, then you can use this mode.
- Extend: You can use this option if you want to use both the monitors to display an extended desktop.
- Second screen/Projector only: If you want to use only the second monitor or projector, you can go with this.
Choose your preferred option based on the requirements. After doing this, hopefully, you will be able to solve this problem.
How to Connect HP Laptop to TV with HDMI Cable?
To connect the laptop with the TV, you can perform the steps as follows:
- First of all, turn the TV and laptop Off and prepare the HDMI cable.
- Connect the HDMI wire into the HDMI port of both the TV and laptop.
- Afterward, you will see that the TV is showing no signal message on a blue screen.
- Find the SOURCE button from the remote of the TV and press it.
- If there is no SOURCE button on the TV remote, then you can press the INPUT button for the same purpose.
- Now, select the ‘HDMI 1’ option on the TV screen by using the Arrow icon.
After that, you will see the same screen on the TV with the laptop.
In the above guide, we have described the easy steps that can help you to connect Laptop to the TV using HDMI cable. Along with this, we have included some fixes that can help you to solve any subsequent problems that you may face while connecting Laptop to the TV.
Furthermore, if you face any trouble while implementing the above steps, then you can share that in the comment box. For tech-based articles follow our website.