An Ultimate Guide on How to Add and Change Signature in Gmail
An email signature is a text similar to your contact information that gets automatically added at the end of Gmail messages as folders. Signature mainly includes name, place of employment, and contact information.
A signature also helps you to edit and format the messages in your Gmail account. Thus, you might wish to have a signature for your Gmail account.
Sometimes the signature doesn’t get added to your Gmail account. In that case, you can add a basic signature or an advanced form to your Gmail account. Perhaps you have set up a signature but want to change it to a professional form.
Here, we have discussed everything that you need to know about the Gmail signature. Therefore, it will guide you on how to add and change signature in Gmail.
How to Add a Basic Signature in Gmail?
It’s easy enough to add a basic signature by using the following steps:
- Login to your Gmail account and click the ‘Settings’ icon at the upper right corner of the window.
- Select the Settings option and scroll down to the ‘Signature’ section.
- There will be a text box showing your email account. Type whatever you want to enter into the ‘Signature’ field and add a custom look with text formatting tools.
- Moreover, sue the text formatting tools to change the font, color, and weight of your Gmail signature.
- Make sure that your signature is easy to read and looks professional for the recipient.
- Click the ‘Link’ button at the top of the Signature text field and link your websites to this signature.
- If you want, then you can add your Gmail signature to other email addresses as well.
- So, if you have more than one email address in Gmail, then select separate signatures for each of them. To do so, select the email address from the drop-down menu above the signature text field.
- Select the checkbox right below the signature text field and you are done with the process.
How to Add Images to Gmail Signatures?
- Make sure that the image you want to add to your Gmail signature is available on the internet.
- If you want to use an image, then you can’t directly upload it from your computer. Instead, you can upload an image to a variety of services.
- After uploading the image, right-click on the image and copy its URL.
- Go to the Signature text field and click the ‘Insert Image’ button.
- Open a new window in your web browser and paste the copied URL link.
- A preview of the image will appear below if you have pasted the correct URL.
- If the image isn’t available, then you need to copy the URL again.
- If the image is too large, then click the signature text field and choose the correct size option for the image.
- Select ‘Small”, ”Medium “,”Large “, or “Original Size” that will fit the image within the signature text filed.
- Once you are satisfied with the appearance of your signature, click the ‘Save Changes’ button.
Note: You don’t have to upload the image every time you send an email from your Gmail account.
How to Change Signature in Gmail?
- Sign in to your Gmail account and click the ‘Settings’ icon at the extreme right corner of the window.
- Scroll down to the ‘Signature’ section and add your signature text in the allotted box.
- If you want, then add a new image or change the font size and style.
- Compress the image so that it looks nice with your Gmail signature.
- Change the text style for an enhanced appearance and save the changes.
Hopefully, we have been able to provide a clear idea of how to add or change the signature in Gmail. If you want to ask any more questions, then mention them in the comment section below.