Gmail is one of the most used Email platforms. It is used in Android devices as well as has a desktop version to access and synchronize email contents.
Ordinarily, it is advised to change the passwords for your Gmail account on a periodical basis. This is to ensure that all the contents are safe and secure.
If you are not much acquainted with the steps then we can help you with the easy steps on how to change Gmail password.
Methods to Change Gmail Password
Here, we have covered two main ways on how to change password on Gmail. Incidentally, users need to change their passwords for security purposes.
Similarly, some other users may need to change their password simply because they have forgotten it. Therefore, we have shared the methods for both of these reasons.
Changing for Security Reasons
We have provided two ways to change the Yahoo password if you still remember your current one. You can do it either from your computer system or your smartphone. Thus, follow the steps below to change your Gmail password.
Desktop and Computers:
- Open the browser and visit Gmail’s official site. Enter your login credentials and go to myaccount.google.com.
- Here, you have to head over to Security from the left menu pane. Choose the option for ‘Signing in to Google’.
- Subsequently, go to ‘Choose password’. Next, you have to enter your password again. This is necessary to confirm that you are the authorized user. Therefore, just put in your password once again.
- Next, enter a new password and confirm it. Make sure to use a strong password for your Gmail account.
- Finally, save and close the settings page.
The following steps can be followed for both iOS and Android.
- Unlock your smartphone and open the Gmail app.
- Head over to Settings by tapping on the bars located on the upper left.
- Next, go to ‘Signing in to Google’ and head over to ‘Change Password’.
- Subsequently, you will be redirected to the site where you have to confirm your login credentials.
- Finally, change your password and save your changes.
Resetting Password if Forgotten
You can follow the given instructions below to reset the Yahoo password if you have forgotten it. Make sure you remember the recovery email, security question or have access to your phone beforehand.
- Open a browser and open Gmail’s website. Next, type your email under the login info.
- Subsequently, click on Next and select the ‘Forgot Password’.
- Here, it will ask you to choose a recovery option. Usually, it may consist of a security question, phone number or email address. Choose your preferred recovery method.
- Next, enter the security answer, email or phone number depending on your choice. A special passcode will be sent to your email or phone if you choose either of the two methods.
- Thus, go to your email or your phone to get the passcode. Finally, enter this passcode and reset your password. Make sure to use a strong password to make your account secure.
How to Create a Strong Password
Make sure that you use a strong password whenever you change the Gmail Password. Here are the easy ways to make the password strong and secure.
- Adding a special character and numbers in your password will prevent hackers from easily cracking your password.
- Using both lowercase and uppercase letters helps to create a strong password.
- Another clever way of creating a strong password is by using numbers in place of characters.
- You can purposely use wrong spellings for any word in your password.
The best way to save passwords is by using an online cloud platform. Therefore, you can save passwords on your smartphone which is connected to the online platform. Make sure that this access is locked as well.
Furthermore, try not to save your passwords in a browser. This way, any user will be able to login to your account by using the ‘Autocomplete’ feature.
In short, the above steps should help you to change your Gmail password. Make sure you have turned on two-factor authorization for logging in. In addition, always use the ‘Incognito’ or ‘Private’ browser while logging into cyber cafes or other computers. Feel free to share additional information or post your queries in the comments section below.