Google Chrome Critical Error is a false pop-up alert that keeps appearing on the Chrome screen as soon as you start the browser. Basically, “Google Chrome Critical Error” is a scamming message.
It persuades the Chrome users that an unknown virus has attacked their device and can invade the privacy of your device. But if you are using Windows 10 then Google Chrome is protected by the Windows Defender, chances of virus attack becomes insignificant.
However, you should not ignore this message: “Google Chrome critical error red screen”. This pops up warns you that there are suspicious sites and a potentially unwanted site is trying to gain access to the system.
So, read this article to get to the root cause and respective solution to the problem.
Easy and Quick Methods to Fix Google Chrome Critical Error
If you are facing this error then this article will help you to solve these issues. Here are a few steps that will help you to fix this error.
Method 1: Related Softwares Need to Be Uninstalled
Here are a few easy steps that will help you to uninstall the programs associated with this spamming message. And for doing that you have to follow these steps:
- Press the Windows and R key together. A pop-up window will become visible on the screen.
- Next, write “appwiz.cpl” in the comment box and then hit the Enter key.
- After hitting the Enter button, another window will appear on the screen. Choose the program you want to eliminate, and for doing that click on “Uninstall”.
Method 2: Remove the Corrupted Registries
You can have access to the registries then just by opening the Windows Registry Editor, you can delete any unwanted values. This can happen by following the easy steps:
- First, open the Run window and then write “Regedit” and after that click OK.
- After that, you will find a tab, and then you will find than “Run” and “Run Once” keys.
- You can remove the value associated with the spamming file by right-clicking on it. Simply click on the Delete button and fix the problem at once.
Method 3: Scan with the Help of an Anti-malware Tool
For scanning the unwanted files you can follow these simple steps.
- First, you have to click on the “Download” button by navigating to the official website of an anti-malware tool. Then, continue the rest process on the download page.
- Then, you have to install the toll and then wait to automatically update it.
- When the update process is done, click on the “PC Scan” tab. Then, a new window will appear, select “Start Scan” option.
- After the scanning process is accomplished, the files that are linked with the threat gets highlighted. You can now remove them easily and automatically.
- Then, press the “Next” button to restart your PC and check if the error is still there.
The above-mentioned steps will help you to solve the “Google Chrome Critical Error” in just a few minutes. If you have any other queries then don’t forget to leave a comment in the feedback section below.