Windows Update Error 80244022: Get The Most Efficient Hacks
Windows Update is an important service offered by Microsoft to safeguard the users from errors. Its main purpose is to deliver the latest software updates for your system. However, in some cases, users report issues with the Windows update. One of the frequent issues that troubles users is the Windows update error 80244022.
Unfortunately, if you are a victim of this Windows update error code, then don’t worry. You can take the help of this article in order to learn the methods to resolve the issue. Not only the solution but you will also learn the causes of the issue from here.
Therefore, without any further delay, let us proceed to the next section.
Possible Causes Leading to Windows Update Error 80244022
This Windows error code can occur due to a few reasons. Here, we have discussed them all in the following section:
- Using a proxy server to download the Windows update can be held responsible for the issue.
- In another case, if you are using a weak internet connection, then also the issue persists.
- Also, if you are using the Windows Firewall, then also it can restrict the Windows update from downloading.
- Any server issues from Microsoft can lead to this situation.
- Corrupt system files are also responsible for this issue.
- Further, if the system has low available storage space, then the Windows update will not download.
Basically, these are the major causes that can be held responsible for error 80244022. So, now we will try to study the hacks that can fix the issue. Hence, move to the next part of the article.
Methods to Fix the Windows Update Error Code 80244022
Here, you will learn the methods that will help you fix the issue instantly. Moreover, these methods are tested and proven in providing the best fix. So, proceed to the solutions one by one.
Method 1: Disable the Proxy Settings
In case you are using a proxy server on your system for any purpose, then you have to disable it. You can disable the proxy server temporarily. Once the Windows update issue is resolved, you can reactivate the Proxy server. The steps are:
- First of all, press and then hold down the Windows logo key and the R key at the same time.
- Once the Run dialogue box opens, type “inetcpl.cpl” and then hit the Enter key. This action will open up the Internet Properties window on your system’s screen.
- Now, click on the Connections tab and then click on LAN Settings.
- As the new window opens, untick the checkbox under the Proxy Server section if it is checked.
- After that, click on the Apply button and the OK button in order to save the changes.
- Now, reboot your Windows 10 system, and then check that if the error code is resolved or not.
However, if this fix does not provide you with any solution, then follow the next method.
Method 2: Disable the IPv6 Network Connection and Use the IPv4 Internet Connection
If there is an internet connection failure, then you face this issue. Therefore, you have to disable the IPv6 Settings and use IPv4 Settings instead. Perform the given steps to do so:
- First of all, press the Windows logo key and X key at the same time.
- Now, you have to choose the Network Connections option from the list.
- In the next step, right-click on the connection that you are currently using. It can be LAN or WiFi.
- After that, choose the Properties option from the drop-down list.
- Here, in the “This connection uses the following items box”, you have to uncheck the IPv6 box.
- After doing that, enable the IPv4 checkbox by clicking on it.
- Finally, click on the OK button to save the changes.
- Next, close all the active windows and then check for the Windows error code.
Method 3: Modify the Windows Registry Files
To start with the method, make sure that you have created a Registry backup. In case something goes wrong, the backup will rescue you from the damage. Once done with the backup, follow the steps that are given below:
- Open the Run box by using the Windows + R keys.
- As the Run box opens, type “regedit”. After that, click on the OK button to continue.
- Now, you will end up in the Windows Registry Editor window.
- After that, navigate to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > WindowsUpdate.
- Now, inside the WindowsUpdate, click on the AU option.
- As the AU folder opens, find the USeWVServer option from the list. On finding the option, you have to change its value to 0 (Zero).
- In the next step, click on the OK button in order to save the changes.
- Finally, reboot your system and then you can check if the Windows update issue is gone or not.
Method 4: Use the Windows Update Troubleshooter Tool
You can fix the error code by using the Windows Troubleshooter. The Windows Troubleshooter is an inbuilt tool for fixing any bug or error in an instant.
- In the first step, hold down the Windows logo key and the I key at the same time. This action will invoke the Settings app.
- As the Settings window opens, you have to select the Update & Security option.
- Now, proceed to select the Troubleshoot option from the left pane.
- After that, expand the Windows Update Troubleshooter tab.
- Click on the Run this troubleshooter button.
- Wait for the process to complete. Finally, reboot your system.
- Once the system restarts, check for the Windows 10 error code.
In case you are still struggling with the problem, then have a look at the next method.
Method 5: Set Date and Time Settings Properly
Some users have reported that the error code can occur if the Date and Time Settings are incorrect. Hence, the issue can be fixed by correcting the Date and Time Settings. If you are not familiar with the steps, then have a look:
- First of all, open the Start menu and then type ‘date’ in the search bar.
- Now, click on the Date and Time Settings option.
- After that, you have to set the time zone if required.
- Now, toggle the Set the time automatically option to the Off state. Then, click on the Change button so that you can manually adjust the date and time.
- Alternatively, you can sync the clock with the system server by clicking on the Add clocks for different time zones option.
- After that, select the Internet Time tab and then click on the Change button to save the new settings.
- Finally, click on the Apply button and then on the OK button to close the window.
- Once done, run the Windows Update to check whether the error code still shows up or not.
Hopefully, now you will fix the Windows error code on your own.
Therefore, these are the top 5 methods that will help you to fix the Windows update error 80244022 easily. We hope that you will not face any issue while you carry out the steps. However, in case you face any problem, then contact the technicians. Expert assistance will definitely resolve the error code.