Windows 10 Error Code 0xc1900208: 4 Easy Solutions To Troubleshoot It
Windows 10 error code 0xc1900208 is simply another alpha-numeric code which generates due to any problem in the system.
Basically, this error indicates problems in the Windows Update. This is a product of the activities of installed programs on the computer which are not compatible with the Operating System.
When the system possesses this issue, the users receive a dialog box which states the error code.Moreover, if you intend to let your system conduct Windows update, chances are there that the procedure stops halfway through.
And the sight of this error perplexes the users which makes them seek an immediate solution to troubleshoot it. But, that isn’t the proper manner of eradicating an error.
Prior to the treatment, it is vital for the concerned users to know the fundamentals of the problem and the potential causes which may induce it.
Knowing them lets you hit on the correct spaces to troubleshoot it. And this article aims to deliver all the essential information which would benefit the users comprehensively.
Therefore, stick through the entire article in order to get it solved with convenience.
More About the Windows Update Error Code 0xc1900208: Its Indications and the Potential Causes
Certain installed applications tend to trigger this issue. That is because they are incompatible with the Operating System and therefore create a conflict.
These incompatible ones prevent the system from being able to finish the update session. However, this happens due to many reasons.
The presence of an outdated application or the one which the system no longer supports is one of the reasons for which the error code appears. At times, the devices or the drivers which are out-of-date tend to clash with the Operating System and trigger the resultant error.
Furthermore, the malignant presence of malware can trigger this issue thereby disrupting the update session.
Now, whatsoever be the reason, we have a list of effective procedures which are highly effective in treating the issue with ease. Therefore, stick through and make sure to implement them with care.
4 Easy and Effective Methods to Troubleshoot the Windows Update Error Code 0xc1900208
In order to treat the issue with ease, you must make sure to adhere to the underlying procedures strictly.
Also, you must take each step with caution so that you skip nothing.
Procedure 1: Run an SFC Scan
This method is one of the most useful ones that we have listed. Running it tends to determine the faulty or missing files and then interchange them.
Here, we present you the manner to apply the administrator mode in order to run the SFC scan. Therefore, stick through the underlying procedure.
- At first, press and hold down the Windows key and then hit the R button on the keyboard to bring the Run window. Therein, type “cmd” which brings up the Command Prompt. Also, you can simply proceed to the Start menu and then search for it there.
- Now, when the list of results appears, make sure to right-click on the Command Prompt in order to pick the option to Run as administrator.
- When the window appears, therein, you must type a command and hit the Enter button. The command is: “C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow”.
- Finally, wait for the scan to complete the session.
Doing this can determine the faulty or missing files and then successfully troubleshoot Windows 10 error code 0xc1900208. Then, you can continue with the earlier workflow by making an attempt to check the update session once again.
However, if a proper result doesn’t manifest, head to the succeeding procedure. But, in case you desire to ask a technical professional to treat the problem, that also is a viable option.
Their expert guidance solves all of it at once.
Procedure 2: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows computers arrive with ample integrated or built-in tools for troubleshooting which are extremely convenient and beneficial to the users who are non-tech savvy.
That is the reason we have inserted the use of this tool in our catalog of effective methods.
- Firstly, you must head to the Start menu and find the Windows Update Troubleshooter. You can search for it in the search bar too.
- Next, click on it for running the troubleshooter and then hit the Next option.
- In case the latest version of the Windows Update Troubleshooter is available, click to run it.
- After that, the troubleshooter performs an inspection for the updates available for your system.
- Finally, tap on Apply this fix to initiate the process of update in the background.
Doing this induces the Troubleshooter to fix the issue so that you can get back working with the earlier seamless functions of the system.
Proceed to Restart the system and try to initiate the Windows update. However, if the issue refuses and persists, the next procedure is strong enough to fight off the issue Windows Update error code 0xc1900208.
Procedure 3: Restart the Windows Update Service
In case the issue lurks behind even after trying out the last method, you must restart the Windows update service in order to resolve the issue.
- At first, on the keyboard, press and hold down the Windows logo button and then hit the R key. This launches the Run dialog box in which you must type “services.msc”.
- And then, press the Enter button for launching the Services window.
- Then, right-click on the Windows Update. After that, select Stop if you find that the current status is Running. However, in case the Update service fails to run, skip it.
- Hit and hold down the Windows button along with the E key on your keyboard in order to launch the File Explorer.
- After that, copy the underlying path and paste it on the bar of the address located above. Next, press the Enter button that is present on the keyboard for heading to the DataStore folder. Follow the path: “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore”.
- Then, in the folder DataStore, make sure to delete all the files. Then, launch the File Explorer again and proceed to paste the path “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download” in the address bar.
- In the Download folder, make sure to delete all the files present. Then, in the windows of Services, right-click on the Windows Update and then select Start.
Lastly, inspect if you can launch the Windows Update or not. However, the next procedure is what you can try if this fails to present you desirable results.
Additionally, you can also opt for expert assistance in technical matters if none of the methods work.
Procedure 4: Delete Current Download Update and Download the Windows Update Files Again
Some files, at times, tend to go missing or become faulty. It is the presence of such corrupted and faulty files that induces the annoying and frustrating malfunctions and their resultant issues.
Besides, the damaged and corrupted files require serious repairing so that you can enjoy a smooth workflow like before. But, for this, you must follow the underlying steps with caution.
- Firstly, press and hold down the Shift key and then click on the Restart button present in the Windows Start menu. Performing this will fetch the troubleshooter during the time when your system Restarts.
- After that, opt to Troubleshoot when the PC boots. Then, opt for the Advanced and proceed to the Settings of Startup.
- Next, tab on Restart option. When the system reboots, hit the F4 button in order to pick the option to Enable Safe Mode.
- Now, head to the following address “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download” while your system is in Safe Mode. And, it is there wherein the update files are located.
- After that, erase the folder’s contents. Later, Reboot the computer into normal mode.
- Next, navigate to the Settings and then to the Update & Security. Finally, proceed to opt for the option to Check for updates and then initiate the process once again.
Windows, then, tends to download and install the files that would replace the faulty with the recent ones. Now, that would fix the annoying error effectively.
In this way, you yourself can have the Windows update error code 0xc1900208 solved. Simply adhere to the steps that each procedure holds and implement them with caution and care.
Attempting the error on your own saves you from investing huge financially just to troubleshoot it. However, at times, the error lingers still. And it is during such a situation which indicates that the problem is somewhere critical.
It is only the professionals who can ease you out of the trouble. Therefore, you can seek expert guidance and receive comprehensive assistance.