Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a: Resolve The Send/ Receive Mail Problem
Outlook is a popular Microsoft product which provides webmail services.
There are some common problems which the Outlook users often face and one of the most common ones is Outlook error 0x800ccc1a.
So, if you are receiving the 0x800ccc1a error, then study this article till the end.
Study this article completely and it will help to grab the proper knowledge of solving this error. So, let’s begin in solving the matter with the help of the effective methods.
Advanced Methods to Fix the Outlook Send Receive Error 0x800ccc1a:
There are several tricky methods which you can learn from here to solve the Outlook send receive error 0x800ccc1a efficiently.
So, let’s not waste time and try the methods one-by-one as arranged below:
Method 1: Disable the Antivirus Software
The first thing which you need to try to solve the Outlook error 0x800ccc1a is to disable your antivirus software.
Sometimes, the antivirus software performs some critical tasks which stops some programs to work normally on your PC.
If this is the case, then disable the antivirus software at first. The steps to follow to disable an antivirus software are provided below:
Most of the antivirus tools can be disabled by using the below steps. So, check it out at first, and then begin.
- At first, take the mouse pointer onto the antivirus icon that is present either on the direct taskbar window or else inside the Taskbar tray. The upward symbol arrow that is present near to the date and time section on the Taskbar panel is the key to open the Taskbar tray.
After navigating the mouse pointer onto the antivirus icon from the Taskbar panel, right-click on it.
- Then, from the Menu window, select the “Antivirus Shields Control” option. This will get you a side window open with a list of options.
- From the list of options, select the one which you want to disable the antivirus software.
- Now, try to use the Outlook application to send an email from your account and check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Method 2: Alter the Encrypted Connection
After disabling the antivirus software, if you still get the Outlook error 0x800ccc1a, in that case, fix the error.
You should try to alter the encrypted connection for your Outlook account and the steps to perform this task are explained in the below lines.
- At first, open the Microsoft Outlook window.
- After that, from the top left-hand side of the Menu panel, click on the File tab.
- Under the “File” menu window, click on “Info”.
- Next, click on Account Settings.
- Further, from the Account Settings window, highlight your account and then click on Change.
- Now, click on “More Settings”.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- Further, expand the list for “Use the following type of encrypted connection” by clicking on the down symboled arrow beside the bracketed text.
- Now, from the list, select SSL or TSL, the opposite one whichever is already set.
- At last, click on the OK button of the window to confirm the changes.
Next, restart the Outlook application and then check if the error gets resolved or not. Hopefully, this time you will get the error resolved.
Method 3: Modify the Port Value
The other effective way to solve the Outlook error 0x800ccc1a is to modify the port value. The steps to do this task are stated below:
- At first, go to the Account Settings window of the Outlook application. Follow steps 1 to 4 from the previous (Alter the Encrypted Connection) method for that.
- Then, from the Account Settings window, select your Outlook account.
- After that, click on the Change tab.
- Next, select the “More Settings” button.
- Now, from the Internet Email Settings window, switch to the Advanced tab.
- Further, ensure that the “Use the following type of encrypted connection” section is set as SSL.
- Now, change the following sections with the details as given below:
Incoming server (IMAP): 993
Outgoing Server (SMTP): 587
- After that, alter the SMTP encryption type to STARTTLS.
- At last, click on OK to save the changes.
Next, restart the Outlook application. Hopefully, this time you will get the error 0x800ccc1a resolved.
All these are the effective workarounds to fix the Outlook error 0x800ccc1a. Hopefully, after you try the above methods, you will get the error resolved.
If you have solved the error 0x800ccc1a in any other way, then put that in the comment section below to help the other users to get rid of the problem.
You can take the help of a technician to fix the error if you can’t get the solution by using the above methods.