Getting “Windows Update Error Code 80244018”? Implement Suitable Hacks to Fix It
If you are a regular Windows 10 user, then you might have encountered certain problems with the updates. An update is of great importance if you are using the current version of OS.
Therefore, you need to solve the update issues on priority. Here, we will be going to discuss the probable hacks to tackle the error code 80244018 without the usage of any third-party tool. However, there are certain automated software to remove this Windows update error code 80244018.
Your age-old headache of not getting updates or not being able to update is over now. Just you have to follow the generic guideline to solve this Windows update error code 80244018. Therefore, go through this article with diligently.
How You Can Solve Error Code 80244018 in Windows 10 Asap
We have outlined the probable fixes to evade the Windows update error code 80244018. Let’s have a look:
Solution 1: Ensure BITS is Running
BITS is basically a component of Windows which helps in delivering updates to the P.C. Therefore, this feature should work properly so that you receive timely updates. If it doesn’t work properly, then it will lead to several errors. Including error 80244018. In order to ensure the proper functioning of the BITS, go through the undermentioned steps:
- Move to the Search option. Then write “services.msc” and then open Services tab.
- Now, navigate to the Background Intelligent Transfer Service. After that, you can right-click on it and select the Properties option.
- Thereafter, you have to ensure that Startup type is changed to Automatic mode and Service status should be set to the Running mode.
- Finally, you can restart your P.C.
However, if you are unable to receive updates even after following the above fix, then go ahead with the next step.
Solution 2: Configuring Proxy Through Command Prompt
It might happen that there is something very unusual going on with the proxy settings and configuration. This refrains the updates from getting installed on your system. In order to examine this, you have to execute some proxy checking commands. You will get to know all the required details of running these commands.
You just have to move to Command Prompt. After that, run the proxycfg program using the settings. Therefore, you just have to configure the PC with the help of Proxy Config Utility.
Solution 3: Switch the Firewall Off
It might happen that Windows Firewall can block different updates, so that the desired updates are received. Therefore, if you switch off the Firewall, you can get away with this annoying issue. In order to disable the Firewall in Windows 10, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- In order to begin, move to the Search menu. Then, write “gFirewall”.
- Now, you can open the Windows Firewall.
- You need to examine the Turn Off Windows Firewall.
- Finally, examine if you can able to download the update or not.
We recommend you to disable the Windows Firewall. If this feature led to certain problems with the update, just enable it when downloading gets over.
Nowadays, the majority of the third-party antivirus comes with a Firewall. Therefore, if you run the third party tool on your P.C, disabling the Firewall is worth beneficial.
Solution 4: Run DISM
If you are not sure “how to run DISM?”, just follow the below guidelines:
- Write “cmd” in the Windows search menu. After that, right-click on Command Prompt.
- Now, you can run it as an Administrator.
- Enter the following command and click on Enter.
- DISM /online /Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
4. Now, wait for a while till the entire procedure gets over.
Solution 5: Running Windows Troubleshooter
The Windows Update Troubleshooter is effective to combat the errors pertaining to certain updates. It also includes the one mentioned above. Therefore, follow the on-screen instructions to know how to run Windows Update Troubleshooter and then resolve the error ”80244018”.
- In order to begin the process, press the combination of Windows as well as the “I” key to invoke the Settings app.
- Then, you have to open Update & Security.
- After that, you need to choose Troubleshoot available in the left pane.
- Now, you have to click on Windows Update.
- Thereafter, choose the option Run the Troubleshooter.
Solution 6: Get the Update Manually
Apart from the general OTA updates, Microsoft comes with online update catalog. If you have thorough know-how, you can easily pinpoint and download each and every Windows 10 update. It comprises of security patches as well as kB updates. You can easily negate this error if you update the system manually.
Therefore, follow the undermentioned steps in order to download and install Windows Update manually:
- First of all, move to the Windows Update Catalog.
- Now, enter the update number in the search bar.
- After that, you have to run the Search.
- Now, you can download and install all the required updates.
- Finally, you can reboot your system.
Solution 7: Switch the Proxy or Whitelist WSUS Off
Finally, the main error is associated with the proxy server permissions. Therefore, if you use a limited network encrypted with the proxy server, then there is a possibility that it refrains the Update Services from further communication.
Because of this, we advise you to deactivate the proxy on a temporary basis till you receive the update. Otherwise, you can get in touch with the network administrator and whitelist WSUS.
Hopefully, this article will help you to overcome Windows Update error code 80244018 in one go. If you go through all the steps sequentially, you can easily be able to get rid of this error.
Moreover, you can refer to the user manual to have a quick glance. Apart from this, if you have any new idea, you can provide that in the comment section.