The Most Effective Methods To Solve Windows Update Error 0x8000fff
Windows update error 0x8000fff is one of the common errors that most of the Windows users encounter on their PC while trying to update the system. This is a very frustrating error code and prevents the system from updating.
Generally, this error code appears if the driver is outdated. Corrupted Windows files and malware infection can also cause this problem.
If you are also facing a similar problem, then this article will be beneficial for you. Here, in this guideline, you will get to know all the troubleshooting methods which will help you to eliminate this particular error.
Prominent Methods to Get Rid of Windows Update Error 0x8000fff
Sometimes, restarting the system can resolve various problems that you have encountered on your PC. So, firstly you should restart your computer and then check whether the error code is solved or not. If not, then you can try the under-mentioned methods to overcome this situation.
Method 1 – Create a New User Account
If there is a problem with your user account, then you might get this error code on the system. So, you need to create a new user account and then check if the error still occurs or not. To create a new user account, follow the steps given below:
- At first, press the Windows button and I key together to open Settings.
- From the Settings window, locate Accounts and double-click on it. In the Account window, go to the left side panel and click on the Family & Other People tab.
- After that, scroll down the page and locate the Other People tab. Then, hit the button Add someone else to this PC.
- From the next window, you will find an option I don’t have this person’s sign-in information, click on it. After that, click on the Add a user without a Microsoft account option.
- In the next window, put your personal details and then hit the Next option.
- Now, you will find that the new user account is created. Once it is done, you need to transfer to the new account.
- So, select the new account and then choose the Change Account Type option. After that, choose the Administrator option to switch your account. Once you are done, try to update the system.
Method 2 – Turn off the Proxy Server
Sometimes, this error code comes up if the Proxy server is turned on. If you turn it off from your computer, then you can get relief from this situation. To do so, follow the steps discussed below:
- On the keyboard, hold down the Windows key and press the X key to launch the Winx menu and then choose Control Panel.
- Select the Internet Options section from the Control Panel window.
- When the Internet Options window opens, take the mouse to the Connections Tab. There, you will see the LAN Settings option, click on it.
- From the LAN Settings window, unmark on the Use a proxy server for your LAN button and then select the OK option to save the changes.
- After completing this, restart the device and then check if this error code comes up or not.
Method 3 – Update the Driver
If the driver has not been updated, then the Windows store error 0x8000fff shows up on the Windows 10 system. So, immediately upgrade the driver in order the get solved this issue. The following steps will help you:
- From the keyboard, hold down the Windows Home key and at the same time press the X button to launch the WinX menu list. Choose the Device Manager from that list.
- When the Device Manager application opens, go to the left side panel and select the Driver to expend it.
- Right-click on the Driver to launch the list and then you will see the Update Software Driver button to start the updating process.
- Once the process is finished, restart your computer and then try to update the system.
Method 4 – Set the Correct Date and Time
If the Date and Time are incorrect, then you may get this error code on the system. So, you need to set the correct Date and Time on your PC. To do so, follow the steps:
- Hold the Windows button and press the R key to launch the Run dialog box. Type “timedate.cpl” and then click on the OK option or hit the Enter button.
- From that window, you can check if the date and time are correct or not. If not, then click on the Change Date and Time Zone option.
- After correcting the Date and Time, select the Apply button and then click on the OK option to save it.
- After that, reboot your PC and then check whether the error code still there or not.
Solution 5 – Clear Windows Store Cache
By cleaning the store cache, you need to fix the Windows 10 update error 0x8000ffff. If you do not clear the Windows store cache from time to time, then you may face this problem. To clean the Windows store cache, follow the instructions which are cited below:
- Firstly, launch the Run window by pressing the Windows key and R key together.
- Type “WSReset.exe” and then select the OK button or press the Enter key from the keyboard to run this. Now, you can see the cleaning process has started.
- Once it is done, reboot your PC and then try to update the system.
Solution 6 – Run the SFC Tool
If there are any damaged or corrupted Windows registry files in the system, then the Windows Store or Windows Update will stop working. As a result, you might get the error 0x8000ffff in your PC. So, you need to run a full scan of your computer. Running the SFC (System File Checker) tool can repair the damaged Windows files. Go through these steps:
- Right-click on the Windows button to launch the Winx menu list and choose the Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type “SFC/scannow” in the Command Prompt window and then hit the Enter button to run this.
- Once the scanning process is finished, reboot your computer.
Solution 7 – Re-register Windows Store
If the above-mentioned methods do not work out then you can simply use this solution to solve this particular error code on the system. So, you need to re-register the Windows Store in order to fix this problem. To do that, follow the steps:
- Open the Search box, type “PowerShell” and then right-click on the search result to open the list. After that, select the Run as administrator button from that list.
- When the PowerShell window opens, type the following command and then hit the Enter button:
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml
- Once this command is executed, reboot the machine.
Hopefully, this article will give you all the information regarding the Windows update error 0x8000fff. Read this article carefully and solve this issue immediately on your computer. In case you fail to solve this error, then seek help from an expert technician.