Methods to Fix Windows Error 0xc000012f
Windows Error 0xc000012f normally appears due to an older version of the Microsoft Visual C++ software. If the driver has not been updated, then you may notice this error code on the system. Sometimes, an outdated version of the Operating System, malware infection can also cause this error. Few users have complained that this problem comes up while opening the Dropbox.
If you are struggling with this error, then do not worry. Here, we are going to discuss some easy methods by which you can easily get rid of this particular issue. So, go through this article and apply them accordingly which are instructed below.
Methods to Troubleshoot Windows Error 0xc000012f
Hence, in this section, you will get to know the methods that will help you to fix the error 0xc000012f on your Windows 10 system quickly on your own. We recommend to follow the steps as they stand here without jumping any of them. Let’s have a look at the given below:
Method 1 – Remove the Updates
This is one of the most reliable methods that we have shared to fix this problem on the system is to remove the updates. To remove them, follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- At first, press the Windows Home key and at the same time, press the “I” key to open the Settings window.
- Select the Update & Security section from the Settings window. After that, select the Update tab on the left side panel.
- In the Update tab, select the Advanced Options and then click on the Update history button. Now you will see a list of updates will open.
- Select the Uninstall update button. Now, you will get the Uninstall an update window will appear. In that window, right-click on the installed update and then select the Uninstall button.
- After completing the process, restart your computer and then, check if the error code still appears or not.
Method 2 – Run SFC (System File Checker) Tool
This is one of the easiest methods that you can use on your PC to get rid of the Windows error 0xc000012f. You need to simply scan your computer with the help of the System File Checker tool. To do that follow the steps:
- Press the Windows button and the “S” key together to launch the Search box. Now, type “cmd” and then right click on the search result. After that, click on the Command Prompt(Admin).
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type SFC/scannow command and then press the Enter button to run this.
- Once the scanning process is finished, reboot the machine.
Method 3 – Install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio
If the Visual C++ redistributable application is not installed on the system then you may get this error code on your computer. Some of the users have reported that they fix this issue while installing the Visual C++ application. To install Visual C++, you need to follow the directions:
- Firstly, visit the official website of Visual C++ and then search for the latest version of this application.
- After finding this, download this by clicking on the Download button.
- Once it is downloaded, install it perfectly. When you install it you need to follow the instructions carefully which pop-ups on the screen.
- After installing this, restart your PC and then, check if the issue is fixed or not.
Method 4 – Check for New Updates
Sometimes, updating the system can fix several problems that you have encountered on the system. So, you should keep your computer up to date. If you do not update the system from time to time, then you may receive this error. In order to eliminate this problem, follow the instructions carefully:
- First of all, press the Windows button along with the “X” key to launch the WinX menu list. After that, select the Settings.
- When the Settings window opens, select the Update and Security section. After that, select the Update section.
- On the right side window, select the Check for updates button to check if the updates are available or not.
- If you find any updates, then select the Update button. Now, the update process has begun. After finishing the process, reboot your computer and then, check if the error code still shows up or not.
Method 5 – Perform a Clean Boot
Sometimes, running a clean boot is one of the most effective methods to fix the error code 0xc000012f on the Windows 10 system. If you do not know how you can perform a Clean Boot on your computer, then follow the under mentioned steps:
- Open the Search Panel, type System Configuration and then, hit the Enter button.
- From the System Configuration window, move the cursor to the Services tab and then mark on the Hide all Microsoft services and then select the Disable All button.
- Next, go to the Startup tab and then select the Open Task Manager option.
- When the Task Manager window opens, take the mouse to the Startup section and right click on all the items and then select the Disable button to turn off them.
- After that, close the Task Manager window and go back to the System Configuration window and then, select the OK option to save the changes.
Method 6 – Update all Device Drivers
Due to the older version of the driver can cause this error on your computer. So, you have to upgrade all the device driver. If you do not know how you can go about updating the driver, then go through these steps carefully:
- At first, press the Windows key + R button together to launch the Run box. Type Device Manager and then hit the Enter key or click on the OK option.
- When the Device Manager window opens, find the Driver, right click on it and then, select the Update Software Driver button to start the updating process.
- Once the task is done, reboot the device and then check if the issue is solved or not.
Method 7 – Reinstall the Program
When you try to open any program and get this error code on your PC, then you need to simply remove that application and install it again. To do that:
- Open the run window by pressing at the same time Win + R keys. Type “appwiz.cpl” and then click on the OK option or hit the Enter key.
- When the Programs and Features window opens, find that program which is causing this error code, right click on it. After that, select the Uninstall button from that list.
- After uninstalling this program, you have to install it properly from the official website.
- Once you are done, restart your computer and then, check if that program opens without any errors.
Therefore, these are the methods that we have provided to fix the Windows error 0xc000012f on the system. We hope you will not face any problem while performing these methods with the steps on your PC.