In the majority of cases, Windows error code 0x800f081f pops up due to the incompatibility of the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. According to the user reports, this error takes place after you enable the .NET Framework via Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool.
Also, this error takes place due to the installation of a wizard and Windows Powershell commands. You will find this error in different versions of Windows. Along with this, you might encounter some other error codes such as 0x800F0906, 0x800F0907, and 0x800F0922 due to the same underlying reason.
So, if you encounter this error code, you can follow the relevant hacks which we will discuss in this article.
However, you can always use a sturdy security tool to clean your system and wipe away the malicious items. But, before you opt for an automated one through this user guide, you first need to know the basic troubleshooting steps.
Probable Hacks to Eliminate windows error code 0x800f081f
Go through the under-mentioned steps to resolve error code 0x800f081f:
.Fix 1: Configuration of Group Policy
One of the major solutions to this error code 0x800f081f is to the configuration of the group policy. There are certain issues that hampers the ability of the system to enable the installation. Please take into consideration that Group Policy Editor is present in Pro, Enterprise, as well as other versions of Windows 10.
However, if you go through the instructions listed below, you can easily be able to get away with this error:
- In order to begin the process, you can launch the Run dialog box if you press the combination of Windows key as well as the “R” key at the same time.
- After that, enter “gpedit.msc” in the box. Now, press OK. If you follow this, you can surely open the Group Policy Editor.
- When the Group Policy Editor tab appears, move to the top left pane and then, follow the path below.
Computer Configuration ->Administrative Templates ->System
4. Furthermore, move to the right panel. Now, move down to the bottom till you get the “Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair” entry.
5. Then, you need to double-click on the Entry. After that, move to the top left corner in order to choose the box present adjacent to the Enabled option.
6. Finally, click on OK.
Fix 2: Use the DISM Command to Activate .NET Framework
This is by far the best solution that you can apply to fix the error code 0x800f081f in Windows 10. However, you can fix this error easily if you run the DISM command. This DISM command helps in enabling the .NET framework. This process is not that much complex and you can easily deal with it if you follow the instructions listed below:
However, before you go ahead with the steps, you must obtain an ISO image of Windows 10. Please take into consideration that the version you are using should match with the current OS. Therefore, go through the undermentioned steps to resolve the error code:
- First of all, attach the DVD or insert the USB flash drive to the P.C using the ISO file.
- After that, you can double-click on the ISO file. Moreover, you can also mount this file if you just right-click on it and then choose Mount from the available options.
- Now, hover over the left-hand corner of the window. You will find the ISO present inside the virtual drive.
- Then, you can click on the Search icon present on the taskbar once the image is mounted.
- Enter “cmd” in the search bar.
- Now, you can right-click on the Command Prompt from the available results and then select the option labeled as Run as Administrator.
- Finally, paste the below text when the Command Prompt is up and running.
ism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:[Drive]:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
8. Lastly, click on Enter in order to run the command successfully.
Fix 3: Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
After you go through the instructions, you can go ahead installing .NET Framework 3.5 to examine Windows error code 0x800f081f. In order to accomplish this, follow the under-mentioned instructions:
- First of all, move to the taskbar and then, you can right-click on Windows.
- After that choose Settings from the available options.
- Now, click on Apps available inside the Settings app. After that, choose Apps and Features option.
- Thereafter, you need to scroll down till you get the Related Settings portion. Now, click on Programs and Features tab present below that.
- Then, move to the left-hand pane of the menu. After that, click on the option labeled as ‘Turn Windows features on or off’.
- Now, search for the .NET Framework 3.5.
- Finally, you can click on OK to initiate the installation process.
If you successfully install Microsoft .NET Framework devoid of any issue, then it signifies that you have eliminated the error code 0x800f081f.
This is a legitimate issue that we have mentioned in this informative post. Therefore, all the effective hacks are mentioned here to help you out whenever you face this Windows error code 0x800f081f.
Moreover, you can refer to the user guide to get a quick glance. Apart from this, you can provide your valuable feedback in the comments section.