Basically, the Windows error code 0x8007000d arises, if any of the vital files related to the Windows OS gets lost or damaged. And there are several factors which are responsible for such an error. To give away some of them, virus attacks, lack of spaces during upgrading Windows. Furthermore, if the Full Control permissions to the registry path of the System account gets altered from its default settings, then the error like these might also emerge.
Whatever be the cause, the best thing is that you can resolve the problem efficiently by following the instructions given in this article. It is advised not to start the methods instantly. Read the full article at first, then try the methods.
A pre-study will not only make you familiar with the methods but at the same time, ceases the risk factor of using the methods. So let’s begin.
Methods to Fix Error Code 0x8007000d Windows 10
Due to the Windows 10 error code 0x8007000d, you may face with the issue of your system responding slowly to the input signals. It not only restricts you to upgrade the Windows OS but also provides a hindrance in upgrading the applications which are installed on your PC. Solving it as soon as possible is recommended. Hence, try the methods as arranged below:
Run a Full Scan via Windows Defender
Before trying the core methods to solve 0x8007000d, run a virus scan on your PC. If the error occurs due to the presence of a virus, then the factor will get sorted. You can scan your PC using the default Windows Security tool, ie. the Windows Defender. The steps you need to do to run a Full scan using the Windows Defender tool are as follows:
- At first, navigate the mouse pointer onto the Windows logo, and then right-click on it.
- After that, from the menu window select the Settings option.
- Now, click on Update & security.
- Then, from the left-hand side panel of the Settings window click on the Windows Security option.
- Further, click on the “Open Windows Defender security Center” button.
- Next, from the Windows Defender window, choose Virus & threat protection.
- After that, click on the Advanced scan link that you will get beneath the Quick scan button.
- Now, enabled the checkbox for the Full option.
- And lastly, click on the Scan now button. This will take a couple of minutes to get the scanning process over. The scanning time totally depends upon the number of files present on your PC.
Once the virus scan is over, try the further methods one by one as explained. If you are lucky, then after trying the first method, you will get the error resolved.
Method 1: Run the System File Checker
If the system file corruption is the reason behind the Windows error code 0x8007000d, then scanning with the System File Checker tool can resolve the problem. And the steps you need to forward with to scan your PC using the System File Checker tool are as follows:
- At first, tap the Windows button, to activate the search bar.
- Then, on the search bar type cmd.
- After that, from the search result right-click on the cmd or Command Prompt option.
- Next, from the menu window select Run as administrator.
- Further, on the Administrator: Command Prompt type sfc /scannow. There is a space between sfc and /scannow, take care of this, to write the command correctly.
- Lastly, tap down the Enter button to execute the command. The sfc scanning process progress will be shown to you on the Administrator: Command Prompt window as in the form of the percentage value. Wait until the scanning is done successfully. If the problem is minor, then it will get sorted by the SFC scan.
- Now try to run Windows Update to check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Method 2: Execute the DISM tool
Deployment Image Servicing and Management or DISM is an effective tool present on Windows OS as default. This helps to solve many of the common problems, like the Windows error code 0x8007000d. The steps you need to proceed with to run the DISM tool are as follows:
- First of all, open the search bar by tapping down the Windows button.
- Next, on the search bar type “cmd”.
- After that, from the search results right-click on cmd or Command Prompt.
- Then, from the menu window select Run as administrator.
- Now, on the Administrator: Command Prompt window type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth”, without the quotations. And press down the Enter button to execute.
- On the same Administrator: Command Prompt window type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth”, again without the quotations. And then press the enter button.
- Once, both the commands get executed. Now, on the Administrator: Command Prompt window type Exit and then press the Enter button, to close the window.
- And lastly, restart your PC.
- Now, once your PC turns on, try to run the Windows Update to update your PC into the latest version. Hopefully, after running the DISM tool, you will not get the Windows error code 0x8007000d further. However, if still, the error persists do not lose hope and continue the below method.
Method 3: Use Group Policy Editor
According to many of the users, by using the Group Policy Editor window the Windows error code 0x8007000d can be resolved. The steps you need to follow to do this task are as below:
- At first, press down both the Windows and the letter “R” button at a time to get the Run bar window open.
- And then ensure that nothing is present in the Run bar. If any command is already stored in it, except gpedit.msc then remove that with the help of the Backspace key.
- After that, type gpedit.msc.
- Next, click on the OK button. This will get you the Group Policy Editor window open on the screen.
- Now, follow the below-said path from the left-hand side panel of the Group Policy Editor window.
- Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> System
- Further, scroll down the right-hand side panel of the Local Group Policy Editor window, until you get the below-said item.
- Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair
- Double-click on Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair.
- After that, activate the Enabled checkbox on the next window.
- Next, click on OK, to save the change.
- And lastly, restart your PC. Then, try to install the Windows Update to check if the error code 0x8007000d gets resolved or not. Hopefully, your answer will be Yes. But if no, then step forward with the below method.
Method 4: Use the Compatibility Troubleshooter
If the Windows error code 0x8007000d arises when you are trying to install a specific driver. If this is the case, then to fix the problem you need to forward with the steps below. So, let’s start.
- Open up the File Explorer Window. You can do it, by pressing down both the Windows and the letter E key at a time, Win+E.
- Next, navigate to the folder, for which you are facing the problem to install the driver
- And then right-click on the setup file and select the Troubleshoot Compatibility option.
- After that, click on Troubleshoot Program.
- Then, continue with the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot the problem.
- And lastly, restart your PC.
- Then try to run the Windows Update to confirm if the problem gets resolved.
A common question may arise to you, how to install Windows Update. To learn the process continue with the below lines.
Steps to Run the Windows Update Manually
If you are facing the Windows error code 0x8007000d and the automatic update system stops working. In that case, you need to install the Windows update manually. And the steps you need to follow to perform this task is as below:
- At first, tap both the Windows and the letter “I” key at a time.
- Then, from the menu list select the Settings option.
- Now, under Settings click on Update & Security.
- After that, from the left-hand side panel select Windows Update.
- Next, from the right-hand side panel click on the Check for Updates button. If an update is available, then in the next window, you will see that as a result. Follow the onscreen instructions to install the update.
- After you successfully install the Windows Update, always restart your PC to get the better performance.
All these are the overall information which you need to know to fix the Windows error code 0x8007000d efficiently. Hopefully, if you study this article thoroughly, then you will not face any problem in following the methods.