Fix Skype Error Code 0xa1030007 Through Amazing Hacks
Skype error code 0xa1030007 is a critical problem that is often faced by users. If it arises, then the Skype application will act abnormally.
The main reason responsible for the error is the misconfigured system files or the registry problem.
If this is the error code you are stuck with and searching for the methods of how to get rid of it, then read further to this article.
This article will help you to learn effective workarounds to solve the problem. So. let’s begin.
Read the methods beforehand you try them. An early study of the methods will make you efficient in following them to solve the error.
Troubleshooting Methods to Solve Skype Error Code 0xa1030007:
To prepare yourself to fix the Skype error code 0xa1030007, read the following methods at first.
After studying the methods, try them one-by-one as arranged here. If you are lucky, then trying a few methods will get you the desired result. Then the problem will get fixed.
Run an Antivirus Scan
Before trying the core methods of solving the error, scan your PC with the help of security software.
Windows Defender, the default security tool will work great in scanning your PC and to eradicate the virus problem.
Follow the steps below to run a full scan on your PC by using the Windows Defender security tool.
- At first, navigate the mouse pointer onto the Windows logo and then right-click on it.
- After that, from the Menu window, select Settings.
- Further, click on “Update & Security”.
- Then, from the left-hand side panel of the Settings window, click on “Windows Security”.
- After that, click on the “Open Windows Defender Security Center” button.
- Next, select the shield symboled option under the Windows Defender window.
- Now, from the Virus and threat protection settings window, click on the “Advanced scan” link.
- After that, enable the “Full” option checkbox.
- At last, click on the “Scan now” button.
Now, wait until the virus scan is completed and then check if the problem gets resolved or not. In a few cases, only running a virus scan resolves the problem.
Method 1: Modify the Application Data Path Inside the Registry Editor
The foremost method to try to solve the Skype error code 0xa1030007 is to modify the App data path.
The steps that you need to follow to perform this method are listed below:
- At first, tap the Windows button along with the letter R to open the Run bar window.
- Next, tap the Backspace key once to ensure nothing is present inside the Run bar.
- After that, in the Run bar, type “regedit.exe” without the quotations.
Next, click on OK/ hit the Enter button. This will open the Registry Editor window on your screen.
- Further, from the left-hand side panel of the Registry Editor window, double-click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER, to expand.
- Now, follow the path: Software> Microsoft> Windows> Current Version> Explorer> User Shell Folders.
- After that, from the right-hand side of the window, double-click on “AppData”. This will pop-up the Edit String window.
- Then, replace the original value with your own local profile path.
- Further, click on OK to confirm the change and restart your PC.
Now, retry to use your Skype application to check if the error gets solved or not.
After trying all the steps, if still, the error code 0xa1030007 exists, then proceed with the further method to fix the problem.
Method 2: Uninstall then Reinstall the Skype Application
One of the effective methods to fix the Skype error code 0xa1030007 is to install the Skype application freshly on your PC.
The steps to perform this task is very easy but more time-consuming. It is advised to keep enough time in your hand before you proceed with this method.
Step 1: Stop the Skype Application Completely
The first task to uninstall Skype from your PC is to stop the application at first. For that, open the Task Manager window.
You need to tap both the Windows and the letter R key to open the Run bar window. After that, on the Run bar, type “taskmgr.exe” without the quotations.
Then, click on the OK button to get the Task Manager window on the screen.
Now, navigate to the Applications tab. Then, check whether Skype is running or not and if the Skype is running, then you will get the Skype option under the Task Manager window.
Click on the Skype option from Task Manager. After that, hit on the “End Task” button to stop.
Step 2: Uninstall Skype
Now, you need to open the Control Panel window. There are several ways by which you can open Control Panel and they are stated below. Proceed with your choice.
Way 1: Tap the Windows button along with the letter R to open the Run bar window. Then, in the Run bar, type control. Then, click on OK, this will get you the Control Panel window.
Way 2: Tap the Windows button to open the Search bar. After that, on the search bar, type control. At last, from the search result, click on the Control Panel option.
Now, check the View by section of the Control Panel window and verify whether it is set as Category or not.
If the View by is not already set as Category, then you need to open the Menu for View by, at first. After that, select the Category option from the list.
Further, from the Control Panel window, select the “Programs” option. After that, click on “Programs and Features”.
This will get you the window open that contains all the installed programs on your PC.
From the installed programs list, click on the Skype option, at first to highlight. After that, from the top menu panel of the window, click on Uninstall and then Uninstall to confirm.
Once Skype is uninstalled completely, restart your PC.
Step 3: Download and Re-install the Skype Application
Further, as your PC turns on, proceed with the further steps to get the Skype error code 0xa1030007 resolved.
Important Note: To download and install the Skype application successfully on your PC, you need to verify the following requirements:
a) Your System must contain enough space, which must be more than the required space as shown when you download Skype;
b) The internet connection must work smoothly;
c) The browser cache memory should not be overwhelmed.
- Launch a browser on your PC.
- After that, using the browser navigate to the Skype download page.
- Now, according to your system requirements download the Skype application.
- And re-install Skype following the on-screen instructions. Once the Skype installation is done successfully, restart your PC.
Then, check if the issue gets fixed or not. Most probably, this method will work for you.
All these are effective workarounds to solve the Skype error code 0xa1030007.
Hopefully, if you follow the steps accordingly, then you will get the problem resolved via the said methods.
If you have faced any problem during solving the error, then contact with an expert to get it solved.