MS Outlook is one of the most widely used email service providers preferred by users across the globe. There are times when users encounter an error while working with their Microsoft Outlook account. One such common error is Outlook unable to connect to proxy server. Go through the article to mitigate your worries.
Outlook is Unable to Connect to The Proxy Server: Error Messages Encountered
Whenever users try to connect their Outlook account to Proxy Server they may receive various kinds of error messages depending upon the causes. Here are some of the error messages received by users:
- There is a problem with the security certificate of the proxy server. Outlook is unable to connect to this particular server.
- Invalid or unmatched name of the security certificate with the site it is trying to connect. In this case, users get the error that the Outlook is unable to connect to the server.
- The security certificate origin is not from a trusted site.
Why Outlook Unable To Connect to The Proxy Server: Probable Causes
Some of the common reasons why your Outlook is unable to connect to a proxy server:
- At times, Certification Authority is required for connecting to the server is missing.
- The server may not be able to detect if the Certification Authority comes from a trusted root.
- Unmatched certificate name with that of the site with which it is trying to establish the connection.
- Invalid certificate name. This occurs when you fail to get the certificate renewed on time.
- Firewalls are blocking the access to this particular site.
Ways To Resolve The Error When Your Outlook is Unable to Connect to The Proxy Server
At first, it is important to check that the certificate is not expired and second, the details mentioned in the certificate match with that of the name of the site. The steps to examine a certificate for validity are:
- Type the website URL followed by “/rpc” and press enter key. This will connect the web address to the RPC server.
- Now go the lower right corner of the web browser and select the option padlock icon.
- Select the details and check the validation date of the certificate and its subject. If the certificate has already expired then contact the administrator for help.
Install Trusted Root Certificates
Here is a complete guide to installing a trusted root certificate:
- Go to the certificate dialog box and click on Install Certificate option.
- Now verify the Place All Certificate option.
- Go to Browse option and select the option Trusted Root Certification Authorities. Click OK and proceed.
- Click on Finish to end the process.
Disable Third-Party Browsers And Add-Ins
- Launch the Run command window.
- Type exe/safe and click OK.
- If MS Outlook starts in safe mode then this issue occurs by add-in and third-party browser. You need to disable it at the earliest.
- For this, open MS Outlook application and select File menu.
- Go to the Options tab and click on Add-Ins Option. Select the add-in which to want to disable.
- Lastly, exit from the application and restart the MS Outlook application again.
Outlook Customer Support| 24*7 Assistance
Outlook Customer Service team is available 24×7 to take your calls regarding Outlook is unable to connect to a proxy server issue.
Regardless of time, get in touch with our team members to report any issues you are facing with your MS application. The technicians of the Microsoft support team can tackle complex application errors. The professionals value your time and money and hence are particular about resolving your issue within the stipulated time frame and cost.
Call Us- Dial at Microsoft Customer Support Number +1-855-334-7340 and talk to our executives for proper assistance.
Email Us- You can also register your complaints at firstname.lastname@example.org. The experts will reach you at the earliest.
Live Chat: You can avail our live chat facility where you can directly interact with our professionals and get viable solutions at a pocket-friendly price. Inform them about your Outlook application issues and get instant assistance without delay.