Microsoft Outlook provides top-class features for accessing as well as modifying details of email account details such as journals, contacts, calendar events, tasks, etc. on remote desktops and that too without network connectivity.
This is the reason why many organizations and personal users prefer Outlook emails, but at the same time, they come across various errors while accessing or opening Outlook.
Outlook error 0x80070057 usually occurs with 2007 and 2010 versions of Outlook.
So if you are encountering this annoying error in Outlook application, then this article is perfect for you.
Here you will get to know the causes which lead to this error and also the solutions to overcome this error at the earliest.
Causes Responsible for Outlook Sending Error 0x80070057:
Once this error occurs on your Outlook application, the users fail to send or receive any emails on Outlook.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the prominent causes which are responsible for causing this error message on Outlook.
- Invalid Registry Settings on Outlook
- PST file corruption
- Improper configuration of Outlook profile
- Improper installation of Outlook on the system
- Using of Auto Account Setup process while creating new Outlook 2010 profile
- Virus infection to Outlook PST file.
Precautions you can Take to Avoid Outlook Error 0x80070057:
Here we have discussed some precautionary measures which will help you to avoid getting Outlook error 0x80070057. It will also stop damaging your PST file as well as prevent it from corruption.
Have a look at all these measures to keep your Outlook email safe.
- Keep Safe limit for Outlook PST file: It is recommended not to load pst files beyond10 GB. We all are aware of the fact that Outlook 2003 and 2007 support 20GB files whereas Outlook 2010, 3013, and 2016 supports 50 GB files.
- Distribute the Email Load: Keep your PST healthy by creating various pst files and transferring emails in each of them accordingly to keep the size low of each pst file.
- For PST 2002 Under 2GB: Keep your PST file for Outlook 2002 under 2 GB. This will stop corrupting PST files as well as prevent from causing Outlook error 0x80070057.
- Aware of Virus Attack: Install a good antivirus in your PC to avoid PST from getting corrupted.
- Prevent Abnormal Closing of Outlook Application: Stop closing Outlook application abnormally as it often causes pst file corruption.
- Avoid Storing PST file on Server: Don’t store PST file on server instead store it on local computer. This will avoid your PST file from getting corrupt.
If you follow these simple steps, then you can keep your pst files healthy as well as prevent error 0x80070057 to occur.
Some Handy Solutions to Troubleshoot and Fix Outlook Error 0x80070057:
Though Outlook is one of the most recommended software applications, you can get some errors in it which are difficult to resolve.
If error 0x80070057 is encountered by the users, then you can go through the below-mentioned solutions to troubleshoot and fix this error instantly.
Solution 1: Try to Reinstall Outlook Application
Sometimes, reinstalling the Outlook application fixes this troublesome error on your PC.
So, have a glance at the steps discussed below to perform this reinstallation procedure of Outlook:
- First, click on the Start button and then go to the Settings option.
- From there, select Control Panel option to open it on your system.
- Now, select Programs and click on Uninstall a Program option.
- After that, choose Microsoft Outlook and click on the Uninstall option.
- Thereafter, again try to install the Outlook program.
Solution 2: Run the Inbox Repair Tool
You can also fix this error by running the Inbox repair tool on your system. Thus, go through the steps provided hereunder.
- Before proceeding, make sure that the Outlook application is not open. If you found it open, then close it.
- Now, search for the exe tool in your system and open it.
- After that, browse to look for the corrupted Outlook PST files.
- Thereafter, click on the Start button.
- If the tools find any errors in the PST files, then click on the Repair option.
Solution 3: Run Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode
In order to run Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode, you can go through the steps provided in the section hereunder.
- First of all, try to launch Outlook program with the basic settings.
- Now, hit the Disable Add-Ins option.
- After that, go to Start button and search for exe/Safe in the Search box.
- Once the task gets finished, then click on the Ok button.
If you still find that error 0x80070057 persists, then there is a chance that the error occurs due to outdated computer drivers.
Solution 4: Update the Computer Drivers
By updating the computer drivers, you can also get rid of this Outlook error 0x80070057. Thus, act in accordance with the following steps.
- Click on the Start button on your system.
- Then, right-click on Computer and from there, select Manage option.
- This will open the Device Manager on your system.
- After this, try to find the name of your device by expanding any category.
- Then, right-click on it and select the Update Driver option from there.
Outlook error 0x80070057 is undoubtedly a very common query from the Outlook users’ end.
We hope that by going through this article and applying the steps described here, you will be able to overcome this error successfully.
As we have compiled here various cost-efficient and simple solutions to resolve this critical error, you can opt to choose any of them as per your preferences and necessities.
If you still find that the error remains in the Outlook application, then you can take a professional’s assistance.