These days, Netflix has become one of the biggest entertainment service providers that allow users to watch movies, web series, etc. Despite its popularity, sometimes, it delivers an issue that states Netflix error code NW-2-5.
Netflix NW-2-5 is a network-connectivity error, which prevents your device from accessing the streaming service. Many users complain that the error occurs on one device at a time. Another issue that comes up on the blogs is when the users can’t land on the Netflix page due to the same error code.
This issue mainly occurs on devices like Blu-ray Player, Nintendo Wii U, PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Set-top Box or Streaming Media Player, Smart TV, Xbox 360 or Xbox One, etc. After you encounter this error, you would not be able to stream any videos on Netflix and the message continues to show up.
However, if you ever encounter this error code while browsing Netflix, we suggest you review our article. We assure that you will be able to troubleshoot Error Code: NW-2-5 if you carefully follow the methods.
Effective Methods To Get Rid of Netflix Error Code NW-2-5
When Netflix faces the network connectivity issue, it shows up this specific error on your display. It appears in the format “ Netflix has encountered an error. Retrying in X seconds. Error Code: NW-2-5”.
If you are getting this error, it means your device is not connected to the internet properly. Otherwise, there is something that prevents your PC/phone from accessing the Netflix server. In this section, we have provided the most effective method that you can apply without having any technical skills.
Fix 1: Check Your Internet Connectivity Issue
The notification “Netflix has encountered an error code NW-2-5” is directly related to the Internet issue. Hence, it is important to check all the factors that can cause trouble for your Internet connection.
Sometimes, it is seen that the network administrator disables access to streaming services for a particular app or every streaming server. We recommend you to check the network administration tool to ensure the Netflix service is not blocked by the Administrator.
Netflix requires a high bandwidth of your Internet connection to stream a video without creating any issue. So, you can check your internet speed online, as there are such websites that allow you to view the details.
The Internet speed might also be slow if you are using a cellular data network. Hence, the Netflix error code NW-2-5 can appear due to the lag in the connectivity speed. Therefore, we recommend you to use high-speed Internet facilities like cable network or WiFi. This way, you will not face this irritating error.
Sometimes, a simple step lets you resolve the error message easily. You can unplug your router or modem, wait for 20-30 seconds and plug them back again. It would reboot your router and modem and can fix this error. But, if the error message is still showing while opening Netflix, you can try the next fix.
Fix 2: Boost Up Your WiFi Signal
If the previous method does not help solve the problem, you can try strengthening your WiFi signal.
- In that case, first, check whether other devices like phone, microwave ovens, radios, etc are placed near the router. These devices may create signal interference. Hence, make sure that these types of devices are moved away from the WiFi router.
- If the signal is still low, you can relocate your WiFi hardware components to get better connectivity. As the router’s signal reach is limited, you should place the router as near to the device as possible.
Fix 3: Connect to the Modem Directly by Bypassing the Router
This fix may seem a bit off-track. But, it is often seen that just by bypassing the router, you can resolve Netflix error code NW-2-5 very easily. If your WiFi router is connected to the modem, it might be a reason for the error to appear.
So, to bypass the router, firstly, you need an Ethernet cable. Now, follow the below steps to complete the process.
- Turn off the device on which you are using the Netflix service.
- Disconnect the router from the modem.
- Plug your device directly to the modem using the Ethernet cable.
- Unplug the modem for at least 30 seconds and plug it back again.
- Now, turn on the device and see whether the problem is fixed.
Note: If the error code is still appearing, then you can try contacting the service provider to reconfigure your router settings and DNS settings.
Fix 4: Turn Off the Parental Control Feature
The Netflix NW-2-5 is a common issue for the users of a specific Internet Service Provider. We have found that the issue is directly related to the settings of parental control on this ISP. So, in this case, you need to do a little change in the respective configuration. These are the steps below to disable parental control from your Internet provider.
- Log in to your Internet/router account by using your username and password.
- Scroll down the page and go to “My Extras” section
- After that go to “Personalize your settings”
- In that tab, you will see an option to switch off Parental Control. This process can take up to 10 minutes to complete.
- Now, open Netflix and enjoy the smooth streaming of the videos.
We hope we could give you the right measures to get rid of this Netflix error code NW-2-5. Some users reported that only by contacting the Internet Service Provider (ISP) and making some changes in the network configuration, they have solved the problem. Henceforth, apply the right method and see whether the error is fixed.