Amazing Hacks To Eliminate Microsoft Office Error Code 0x4004f00c
Microsoft Office error code 0x4004f00c can show unlicensed product error or office not activated error while opening the installed Microsoft Office suite on the system. On encountering this error code, your computer might crash and unable to work on its own.
This error code comes with an error message stating that “Error 0x4004f00c The software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. No key Management Service could be contacted. Please see the Application Event Log for additional information.”
This error code primarily appears due to the license key value error in the registry root folder. However, you can easily solve it on your own as well.
Here, we are going to explain the most suitable hacks to eliminate this error code from the system.
Causes of Microsoft Office Error Code 0x4004f00c:
To solve this error code, know about the main reason behind it. There are several causes behind the occurrence of this error code. We have listed some of the possible causes that will guide you in a better way.
- Incomplete installation of the Microsoft Office.
- Corrupted Windows registry files or system files.
- Virus or malware infection that corrupted Microsoft Office-related program files.
- The Windows Firewall or another third-party security software can also be responsible for this error code.
So, these are some of the main reasons for the Microsoft Office Error Code 0x4004f00. Now, it is necessary to troubleshoot the problem instantly.
Different Hacks to Resolve Microsoft Office Error Code 0x4004f00c:
Follow the useful hacks which are mentioned below to fix the error code 0x4004f00c in Microsoft Office 2016, Office 2013 and Office 365 easily:
Hack 1 – Turn Off the Windows Firewall
If you notice the Windows Firewall is turned on then you might get the Microsoft Office error code 0x4004f00c on the device. So, you should disable it. To do that follow these directions:
- Firstly, launch the Control Panel window.
- Go to the Windows Firewall and select the Turn Windows Firewall On and Off button from the left panel.
- On the Right window, go to the Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings sections and click on the Turn Off Windows Firewall feature from both sections.
- After doing these steps, click on the OK button to save the changes. After that, restart the computer and then check if the error code is persisted or not.
Hack 2 – Remove the Third-Party Security Software
Sometimes, the security software can prevent the Microsoft office from installing. So, you need to remove it from the system as soon as possible. So, if you do not know how to remove it then do the following.
- Click on the Start button and select the Settings button.
- On the Settings window, double-click on the Apps section and select the Apps and Features tab on the left panel.
- In the Apps and Features window, scroll down the page and find the Third-party security software, select it. After that, click on the Uninstall button.
- Once the uninstallation process is completed, restart the device and then check if the error code is gone or not.
Hack 3 – Turn Off the Proxy Settings
The proxy settings are enabled on the PC might also block the activation and installation of an online Microsoft Office program. It is advanced to turn off the proxy settings of the system before activating and installing the office program of the system. Therefore, the following steps will help you:
- First of all, go to the Control Panel window.
- Select the Internet Options section.
- From the Internet Options window, move to the Connections tab and click on the LAN Settings button.
- After that, unmark the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” button under the Proxy server section. Then, select the OK option to save it.
Hack 4 – Remove the Microsoft Office and Reinstall It
In order to resolve the Microsoft Office error code 0x4004f00c, remove the Microsoft Office and then install it again. Go through these steps:
- At first, launch the Control Panel section.
- Find the Program and Features section, select it.
- Scroll down the page and find the Microsoft Office application, select it. Then click on the Uninstall button.
- After removing this, again install it from the official website of Microsoft.
So, visit the official website of Microsoft and search for the latest version of the Microsoft Office.
After finding it, install it correctly.
Once the installation process is done, reboot your computer and then check if the Microsoft Office works perfectly without any error.
Hack 5 – Rename tokens.dat File
Renaming the tokens.dat file can also help you to get rid of this error code from the device. To rename it, follow the directions given below:
- Firstly, hold down the Windows Home key and press the E button to launch the File Explorer window.
- From the window, navigate to the following path C:\Windows\System32\spp\store\2.0 and find the tokens.dat file, right-click on it.
- Choose the Rename option from that list to change the name.
- After performing these steps, try to install it again.
Hack 6 – Repair the Microsoft Office
An alternative solution that we have shared to remove the Microsoft Office error code 0x4004f00c on the system is to repair the Microsoft Office. Here are some of the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Navigate to the Programs and Features section and right-click on the MS office and choose Change option.
- After that, click on the Repair button to start the repair process.
- Once the process is completed, reboot the machine.
Hack 7 – Activate License through Admin Command Prompt
If the previous hacks did not help you out then you can follow this hack to solve this error code on the PC. Now, perform as instructed below:
- Right-click on the Start button and select the Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office15\ospp.vbs” /inpkey:<enter your product key> in the Command Prompt window and then hit the Enter button.
- Once it is executed, restart the device and then open the MS Office and check if the error code still persists or not.
The above hacks should help you to fix Microsoft Office error code 0x4004f00c. Perform these steps on your computer and solve it immediately.