[Fixed] Critical McAfee Safe Connect Uninstall Error
McAfee software is the best used to avoid system security threats effectively. Moreover, it helps to protect your system from the unethical hacking.
On the other hand, sometimes it starts to treat the trustworthy website as the untrusted website and prevent to access those by the McAfee users. Then, the best way is to remove them from your system is to install it with a new one.
But, it becomes a tedious job if the uninstaller file gets corrupted by other programs. However, you can follow the article to mitigate this hassle instantly.
Resolve McAfee Safe Connect Uninstall Error with Easy Steps:
If you are often encountering the McAfee installation error, then simply follow the steps mentioned below and mitigate the annoying issue effectively.
Moreover, it also helps to keep the software updated and you can easily avoid the installation error by applying the given methods. So, take a look at them and try to perform the uninstalling process of the antivirus software safely.
Fix 1: Remove the McAfee
It is the simplest step to delete the McAfee antivirus software. So, see below and apply the process to uninstall this system security software from your device.
Now, do the following.
- Type “control” in the search box and then hit the Enter key to launch the Control Panel window.
- Now, click on the Programs and Features icon from the several lists of items and select the Uninstall a Program option under it.
- After that, choose the McAfee antivirus software installer and the associated files with it.
- Then, right-click on them one after another and tap on the Uninstall option from the pop-up menu.
- Next, confirm the process by tapping on the YES button and approve the process.
- The app uninstallation program will take several minutes to finish and when done, hit the Finish button to complete the step.
So, if you encounter the McAfee uninstallation error after applying the above method, then follow the next solutions.
Fix 2: Using the Registry Editor
If you want to delete by using the manual process, then it is best to remove the McAfee software from the registry editor. Therefore, you can follow the steps mentioned below and uninstall it safely.
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and type “regedit” in the Cortana search box.
- Now, click on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER from the left panel of the Registry Editor window and expand it.
- Next, tap on the Software and choose McAfee scan Plus from the list.
- Then, right-click on this folder and click on the Delete option to remove it. If the list not appears, then follow the steps below.
- Click on the Microsoft folder from the Software folder and choose CurrentVersion under the Windows folder.
- Now, select McAfee Security software by expanding the Run folder and repeat step 4.
- Finally, close the window and go to the Program Files folder under local drive and check whether it is removed or still appears on the list.
Fix 3: Via Admin Mode
If you fail to uninstall the McAfee software, then you need to open a Command Prompt(Admin). Then, perform the following steps to fix the McAfee problem easily.
- Type “cmd’ in the Cortana search box and locate the Command Prompt from the list.
- Now, right-click on it and choose Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- Enter the correct credentials such as type the username and write down a passcode. Then, verify it by pressing the Enter key.
- After opening the Command Prompt in Admin mode, enter the command “wmic” and run it by pressing the Enter key.
- Type “product get name” command in the “wmic:root\cli>” prompt and hit the Enter key to execute it.
- Next, you can see a complete list of programs with their installation date. So, type “product where name= “McAfee.exe” call uninstall” and proceed with the Enter key.
- Finally, close the Command Prompt window and complete the app removal process successfully. Thus, you can fix the “McAfee safe connect won’t install” issue easily.
Fix 4: By using the Windows Services
In the Windows Services window, you can see the list applications that are already installed on your system. So, it will be easier to locate the McAfee antivirus software via this method and hence, you can also check its status before removing it.
- Type “services.msc” in the Cortana search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Windows Services window.
- Now, locate the service that you want to disable and right-click on it.
- Then, select Properties from the context menu and then copy the service name with its entire path.
- After that, open a Command Prompt in Admin mode and then type “net stop and paste the link” .
- Finally, close the window after running the command successfully and verify whether the McAfee Safe Connect uninstall problem still appears or not.
In this article, we have explained all the different ways to solve McAfee Safe Connect Uninstall error efficiently. Moreover, those solutions will be beneficial to tackle any McAfee regarding issues without any hassle.