How To Eliminate iTunes Error 3194: Stepwise Troubleshooting Tips
If you are an Apple user, you might be aware of the simple and hassle-free way to restore your iPhone. The entire process to upgrade or restore requires you to follow a few specific steps. Within a few minutes after applying them, your iPhone would be back in business.
However, not all iPhone users get this lucky every time. Many have reported a certain error while restoring or upgrading their Apple devices. This is termed as the iTunes error 3194. When this error hits, you can’t restore your iPhone.
Upgrading your iPhone is a crucial task and its purpose is to ensure that your device runs smoothly. Any obstacle in the process can have serious impacts on your iPhone in the future. If you are one of those users who’re facing this issue, you should not panic. In this article, we have provided a list of simple hacks to help you troubleshoot error code 3194 on iTunes.
What Causes iTunes Error 3194?
Before going into details of the solutions, we’ll take a close look at what causes this error. The probable reasons responsible for this error can be listed below:
- The updated version of the iOS that you are searching for, might no longer be available, is outdated or expired.
- This error can also happen if your iTunes fails to connect with the software update server of Apple. This failure in communication can be triggered by various reasons. It might be caused by any blocked connection or some glitches in the security software. This can happen due to a new entry made in the host file as well.
- Have you recently made modifications on your iPhone or iPad with jailbreak utility? Then this might be the reason why you are facing this iTunes error. The jailbreak utility often blocks Apple’s servers. Due to this, you might encounter unnecessary hassles while upgrading your iPhone.
Learn How To Fix iTunes Error 3194 By Simple Hacks
Constant failure during upgrading your iPhone can be a frustrating experience. Moreover, without necessary updates, your iPhone will not be able to function smoothly. Hence, try some iTunes error 3194 fixes and resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
If you are facing this error, here are the solutions that you need to follow:
Try Updating iTunes
The first solution that we suggest you, is to give your iTunes an update. It is probably the simplest way to deal with this error.
Although this won’t surely solve the issue, it’s worth trying. It is possible that sometimes, an old iTunes version might block the upgrading process. Hence, updating your iTunes can eliminate the error from your iPhone.
Make Changes in Your Host Files
If the problem persists even after trying the first solution, you can consider editing the host files. Often, a certain corruption or misconfiguration in the host files can trigger this error.
However, making changes in the host files isn’t a simple task. Hence, if you do not have adequate knowledge in changing host files, we suggest taking help from an expert.
Follow these instructions to edit your host files:
- At first, open the host files on your device. If you are a Mac user, then follow these steps:
- Begin the ‘Terminal’ program.
- Now type in the following: ‘ sudo nano /private/etc/hosts’ and then click on ‘Return’
- You will be asked for the password, which you prefer for logging into the system. Enter the passcode to access your device.
- Search for the host file entry for ‘gs.apple.com’. If you fail to locate the host file, simply move on to the next step or consult an Apple technician.
- At the starting of ‘gs.apple.com’, add a ‘#’ followed by a space. Now save the file.
- If you are a Mac user, then you can press Control+O. Close the Terminal program on your device.
- When the entire editing process is completed, restart the device. To check if the solution has worked or not, you should once again try to update your iPhone.
Check Network Connection Settings
iTunes error 3194 can occur due to some issues with the network that you are using. So, making some changes in the network configuration and other settings might resolve the problem. Here’s what you should do:
Make sure that the internet connection that you are using is stable and strong. Since an unstable and fluctuating network connection can hamper the upgrading or restoring process.
Give your device or the modem a restart. In case you are using a wireless network, make sure that it is working properly. Try using the modem via an Ethernet connection to check if the Wi-fi is causing error code 3194.
Sometimes, the firewall of your security application or specific anti-virus software can block iTunes and trigger this issue. You can temporarily disable the firewall on your security software while upgrading iTunes. However, remember to turn it on later.
Use Appropriate Firmware Versions
When it becomes necessary to give your iPad or iPhone a manual update, make sure that you use the correct firmware files. Device-specific firmware is crucial for manually updating iTunes.
However, we will suggest you to avoid giving manual updates to your Apple devices. It is always a good idea to allow your iOS device to update itself with the standard update procedure.
Try Another Computer
If none of the above solutions work for you, this is the last method that you can resort to. You can change the computer, which you have been using for restoring or updating your iPhone.
In conclusion, the solutions provided here will help you to get rid of the iTunes error 3194. In case, none of the above solutions work, you can give your iOS device a factory reset. However, you must create back up to avoid permanent loss of data on your iPhone.
Let us know your valuable feedback in the comment section.