Get Instant Hacks On How To Fix iPhone Error 3194
iPhone users often report an error code 3194 while trying to restore iOS devices through iTunes. It comes along with an error notification “The iPhone ‘iPhone’ could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)”.
This error indicates that the iTunes program is unable to connect with Apple’s update server. This is necessary in order to restore the iDevice to its default settings. It usually appears due to jailbroken iOS, bad internet connection, etc.
If you are also getting the same error, then you can go through the article discussed below. Here, we are going to discuss the most effective ways which can help you to solve this error in minutes.
Easy Hacks to Fix iPhone Error 3194 [Step-by-Step Guide]
There are a lot of ways to solve this error. You should perform the methods provided below to eradicate the problem as soon as possible:
Fix 1: Edit the Hosts File
Jailbreaking an iDevice alters how the iTunes connects with the activation server of Apple when users attempt to restore the iPhone.
Henceforth, you can solve this issue by editing the host file of the device. Here are the steps you should perform to do this:
- First and foremost, you need to close the iTunes software that is running in the background of the system.
- Next, go to the taskbar and tap on the File Explorer button. Open the C drive and go to the Windows folder.
- Open the System32 folder and navigate to the Drivers folder. Right-click on the host’s file. Then, click on the ‘Open with…’ button.
- Choose the Notepad option from the list and tap on the OK button.
- Now, if you see the ‘184.108.40.206 gs.apple.com’ at the bottom of the text file, then you need to enter ‘a#’ in the specific field.
- If you see the ‘220.127.116.11 gs.apple.com’ as the same location, then you have to enter ‘18.104.22.168’ instead of ‘a#.’
- Tap on the File button and then click on the ‘Save in Notepad’ option. Afterward, you can exit from the text editor.
At last, restart the system to apply the changes. Now, you should try to restore the iPhone to check if the issue has been solved. Else, move on to the solutions discussed further.
Fix 2: Disable the Windows Defender Firewall
Sometimes, the firewall blocks the iTunes software from connecting to the Apple server. Hence, if you turn off Windows Defender Firewall, it might also fix the iPhone error 3194.
How to Disable Windows Defender Firewall?
- First of all, hit the Q and Win key both at the same time from the keyboard to open the Cortana.
- Afterward, type “firewall” in the search box.
- Choose the ‘Windows Defender Firewall’ option to open the Control Panel.
- Now, you will get the option to turn the Windows Defender Off. Turn the slider to turn it off.
- Next, tap on the ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall’ options and click on the OK button.
After disabling the Windows Defender firewall, if you see that the error still persists, then you should re-enable it by turning the Windows Defender Firewall On.
Fix 3: Restore the iPhone using iCloud
You can also solve this error by restoring the iPhone by using iCloud.
- Right at the beginning, you need to log in to the iCloud website.
- Afterward, choose the ‘Find iPhone’ service from the next page.
- Next, tap on the ‘All Devices’ option and then choose the device that you want to restore.
- Tap on the Erase button to restore the iPhone to its default settings.
After restoring the iPhone if you see that the iPhone error 3194 still occurs, then you should disable the antivirus program to get rid of this error.
Fix 4: Disable the Antivirus Program
The third-party antivirus program also acts as an additional firewall of the system. Sometimes, it prevents users from performing the restoring process normally.
Hence, you should turn the antivirus program off to check if it can help you to solve this error. To deactivate the antivirus program, first, you need to go to the Settings app and then search for the Antivirus icon.
If you are unable to locate the antivirus icon on the Settings app, then look for the antivirus program through the search bar. Open the antivirus program and turn it off. Now, you need to check if the error has been resolved.
Additional Method: Update the iTunes Program
If all the above methods fail to fix the iPhone error 3194, then you need to make sure that the iTunes program you are using is an updated version. To check this, first, open the iTunes app and tap on the Help button.
Now, choose the ‘Check for Updates’ option from the next page. As a result, a dialog box will appear where you have to tap on the ‘Download iTunes’ option. Or if you prefer, you can also uninstall iTunes and then reinstall that to get rid of this error.
You can also fix the error using the Control Panel. Go to the Control Panel and navigate to the ‘Programs and Features’ category. Now, search for the above programs and right-click on them. Afterward, click on the Uninstall button to remove them from the system.
If it grants you permission, you should tap on the Yes button to confirm the action. Once you complete the uninstall process, you need to visit the official website of Apple and search for the latest version of the iTunes program.
Lastly, install that by following the on-screen directions. Now, you should check if the error is mitigated.
In the above article, we have explained the foolproof solutions along with an additional guide to eradicate the iPhone error 3194. We hope, after executing the above procedure, it will definitely assist you to put an end to this error. Still, if you have any doubts related to this error, you can share that through the comment box.