Often a notification “Egad! Installation failed. Error code: 0x8004071b” gets displayed on the screen while trying to install Google Chrome. This is an indication that the system is running slow and is infected by malware or virus.
Google Chrome error code 0x8004071b appeared due to the corrupted/damaged system files of the computer. These corrupted system files are nothing but a threat for the system
This error message generally appears if the Control Panel of the system gets compiled with several useless programs. Further, if the Google Chrome session is activated accidentally, then also this error can occur.
If you are also getting the same error, then you need to solve the error efficiently and quickly. Have a look at the guide discussed below to get all your queries sorted.
Fixed Google Chrome Error Code 0x8004071b: Quick Hacks
In this part, we are going to discuss the most effective ways to fix the Google Chrome error code 0x8004071b. You should perform the methods explained below:
Fix 1: Using SFC or System File Checker Tool
System File Checker is an in-built tool that comes along with every Windows version. It helps the user to scan the entire computer for any damaged system files. It also has the ability to repair the corrupted system files automatically.
You need to perform the steps mentioned below to eliminate the error 0x8004071b.
- Right at the beginning, bring up the Start menu and type “command prompt” in the search bar.
- Afterward, you need to right-click on the ‘Command Prompt’ option showing in the search result.
- Now, choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option from the list to open the Command Prompt with admin privilege.
- Type “sfc/scannow’ in the command line and hit the Enter key from the keyboard to execute the command. Now, the SFC checker will initiate the scanning process.
- Once it completes the scanning process, you should tap on the ‘Show Results’ option.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Delete/Restore’ option and complete the deleting process by performing the on-screen directions.
Now, you should restart the system to apply the changes. Afterward, you should try to open the Chrome browser to check if the issue has been sorted out.
Fix 2: Remove the Third-Party Software from the System
Sometimes, the third-party software that you are using on the computer decreases the performance of the computer. It might happen due to the conflict between any two apps that are installed on the system.
Hence, you can easily get rid of this problem by uninstalling the third-party software from the computer. Here are the steps you need to perform:
- First of all, go to the Start menu and open the Control Panel.
- Next, navigate to the programs category.
- Now, tap on the ‘Programs and Features’ section. It will open the list of all the programs that are installed on the computer.
- Choose the specific programs that you want to uninstall and right-click on them.
- Afterward, you should tap on the ‘Uninstall’ option from the list and complete the uninstallation process by following the on-screen prompts.
Once the uninstallation process completes, you should restart the computer to save the changes. Now, check if the error still persists. Otherwise, you should perform the next procedure stated below.
Fix 3: Update the BIOS Version of the Computer
Sometimes, the corrupted or outdated BIOS version of the system prevents users from installing several apps. Hence, you should update the BIOS to get rid of this annoying error.
To do this, first, you need to download the BIOS file and then install on your computer.
Downloading the BIOS File?
- First of all, go to the Start menu and type “msinfo” into the search field of the Start menu.
- Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to open the System Information window.
- Now, search for the ‘System Model’ option and enter the model name along with the model number in the ‘System Model’ field.
- Afterward, you should go to the BIOS version number of the desktop. Then, visit the official website of the computer’s manufacturer to download the BIOS file.
- Next, you need to enter the Model name, Model number, and the BIOS version number in the specific box. Hit Enter and search for the newest BIOS version.
- Tap on the ‘Download’ button from the next page.
- Lastly, click on the Confirm button to initiate the downloading process.
How to Install the BIOS on Windows 10?
- Once you complete the downloading process, go to the folder/drive where you have saved the newly download BIOS file. Click twice on the BIOS file to open it.
- Now, you have to copy all the files to a USB drive and then restart the system to initiate the installation process.
- Once the manufacturer’s logo appears on the screen, you have to press the F12 key to open the setup page of BIOS.
- Now, go to the BOOT tab.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and click on the Flash option. Now, you need to allow the system to update the BIOS.
- Click twice on the Run button. Then, click on the Next button to proceed.
- Check the box that prompts ‘Accept all the Terms and Conditions’. Afterward, you should click on the Next option.
- Once you complete the installation process, tap on the Finish button to complete the process.
After successfully completing the above steps you should restart the system and check if the issue has been fixed.
Fix 4: Update the Browser
According to some users, they have fixed this issue by updating the Google Chrome browser. If you haven’t updated the browser for quite some time, then it also may lead to this error.
So, you need to keep the Google Chrome browser updated. The undergoing steps can help you, let’s have a look:
- First, launch the web browser and go to the More tab.
- Now, you will get the ‘Update Google Chrome’ option on the next screen.
- On the next page, you need to choose the ‘Update Google Chrome’ option again.
Now, it will start the updating process. Once you complete the updating process, restart the browser to check if the issue is still occurring.
Additional Method: Using Advanced System User Solution
If all the above hacks fail to troubleshoot the error code 0x8004071b, then you can solve this by performing the steps as follows:
- First, you need to turn the computer On and then log in with administrator privilege.
- Then, navigate to the Start menu and choose ‘All Programs’ and click on the ‘Accessories’ button.
- Now, select the ‘System Tools’ option and then tap on the ‘System Restore’ button.
- Click on the ‘Restore my computer to an earlier time’ option from the pop-up. Afterward, tap on the Next button to proceed.
- Next, choose the recent-most restore point from the ‘On this list, click a restore point’ list. Then, again tap on the Next button.
- Now, you should restart the system to apply the changes.
After that, you should try to install the Google Chrome browser to check if the error code 0x8004071b has been solved.
In this guide, we have discussed 4 simple hacks along with an additional guide that can help you to eradicate the Google Chrome error code 0x8004071b. Hopefully, after executing the above ways you will be able to get rid of this error.
All the methods are effective and you can easily implement them even if you lack a grip in the technical domain. Additionally, you can share your queries or doubts through the comment box, given at the end of this post.