FixErrorCodes is here to assist you at the time of your need.
Call Us Now :
The Gmail application helps you in receiving and syncing new emails without delay. However, sometimes, you may face some problems in sending and receiving emails due to the Sync errors in the Gmail application.
Gmail sync errors can be troublesome and if you face such an issue, you will not be able to send or receive any mail.
You might face this problem due to various reasons. It usually occurs if the Gmail application has not been updated for a while.
Or, if the Sync settings are turned off then also this issue may appear. Sometimes, an outdated version of the Software and cache data can also lead to this error.
How to Fix Gmail Sync Error on Android
Below we have listed some of the easy and effective fixes for Gmail Sync error on Android devices. Perform the fixes in the order provided to eliminate this problem quickly.
Method 1 – Check Gmail Sync Settings
Incorrect Gmail Settings can cause the Gmail Sync error on an Android device. So, you need to change it. Follow these steps:
- Launch your Gmail account.
- From the Gmail account, go to the menu bar and tap on the Settings button.
- In the Settings section, tap on your account and check if ‘Sync Gmail’ is enabled or not.
- If not, then mark on the box next to the Sync Gmail option.
Method 2 – Performing a Manual Sync
Performing manual sync can solve this error on your Android device. Take a look at the steps given below to do that:
- Open the Settings window and locate and tap on the Accounts option.
- On the Accounts section, find Google, tap on it.
- From the Google section, ensure that all the entries are turned on and then tap on the Sync Now button.
Method 3 – Restart the Device
Sometimes, restarting can solve the various problems that you encounter. So, you need to restart your Android device which can at times fix this issue.
- Press the Power button to switch off the Android device.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- After that, press the Power button to switch on the Android device and check if the problem is fixed or not.
Method 4 – Remove Gmail Data and Cache
If you do not remove the Gmail data and cache from time to time, then you may face Sync errors on Gmail. So, you should remove them by following these directions:
- At first, navigate to the Settings section and tap on the Apps button.
- From the Apps section, scroll down the page and locate the Gmail app, tap on it.
- On the Gmail section, tap on the Storage button and then tap on the Clear data option. Now you need to wait for some time for the process to finish. After that, tap on the Clear Cache option.
- After doing this, check if the problem is fixed or not.
Method 5 – Update the Gmail Application
An older version of the Gmail application can cause Gmail sync errors on your Android device. So, you need to keep the Gmail application up to date. The following steps will help you:
- Open the Google Play Store application.
- On the Google Play Store window, go to the menu section and select the My Apps & Games section.
- From My Apps & Games section, you will see the pending updates list. From that, find the Gmail application and tap on it.
- If an update is available then you will get to see an option Update, tap on it to start the update process.
- After completion, restart the Android device and then check if Gmail syncs or not.
Method 6 – Removing your Gmail Account and Re-adding it
According to the users, sometimes, re-adding the Gmail account can also resolve this problem on your Android device.
So, you need to remove your account and again add it. If you do not know how to do that, then follow the steps given below:
- First of all, open the Settings section and tap on the Accounts button.
- From the Accounts section, find your Gmail account, tap on it.
- In the next window, you will see the Remove Account option, tap on it to delete the account.
- After removing it, add it properly with the correct Email ID and Password. Once you are done with these steps, check if the error still shows up or not.
Method 7 – Update the Android Device
Sometimes, Gmail sync error appears if the Android device has not been updated. So, you must update the device by following the steps as cited below:
- Launch the Settings window.
- On the Settings section, scroll down the page and locate System Update, tap on it.
- In the next window, tap on the Check for Updates button to find whether any updates are available or not.
- If an update is available, then you will get to see an option Install, tap on it.
- Once the process is complete, restart your device and then check if the error is fixed or not.