Nowadays, Outlook is quite famous as an email client application. However, in certain situations, users encounter different types of errors or issue while using it. And the error 78754 is one of them.
Usually, the error 78754 appears in the Outlook application when the users try to sync their Gmail account with it. Most of the time, this error occurs either due to misconfigurations within the settings or due to password error.
But, in a few cases, this error occurs in the Outlook application because of server related issue. Now, if you are one of those users who is facing the Gmail error 78754 Outlook, then follow this article.
Main Causes of Outlook Error 78754
Outlook Error 78754 can be triggered due to many problematic factors within the system. We have provided a few of those factors in the given area. Have a look at them.
- Check the Login details of your Gmail account.
- The IMAP feature is disabled.
- Outlook server isn’t configured properly.
- The 2-Step verification process is not activated.
- Outdated or corrupted application.
Now, if you have analyzed all the possible causes of Gmail error 78754 Outlook, then let’s have a look at the solutions.
Solutions for Gmail Error 78754 Outlook
In order to remove Error 78754 from the Outlook application, you need to follow the given solutions properly. Have a look at them and try to apply them as instructed.
Re-verify the Log-In Details of Your Google Account
Most of the time, this error appear in the Outlook application when the users feed wrong log-in details. And it is quite possible the same thing is generating the error on the application. Hence, we will suggest, you look into your log-in details.
After confirming the details, try to log-in into the Outlook application and verify the status of the issue. If you are still getting this error, then apply the next solution given in this article.
Active the IMAP and Allow Less Secure Apps Associated with Your Gmail Account
In order to enable the IMAP and allow less secure apps in your Gmail account, you need to follow the given steps.
- Open any web browser application and type in this” http://mail.google.com” URL in the address bar.
- This will launch the Gmail log in page. In that page, type in your log-in details and enter into your account.
- There you need to click on the Settings icon. This will open up a drop-down menu. In that menu, you need to click on the Settings option.
- The Setting page will load on the screen. There you need to click on the ’Forwarding and POP/IMAP option.
- A new page will appear on the screen. In that page, check the box beside the Enable IMAP option and then hit the Save Changes option.
- After doing this task, type “https://myaccount.google.com/security” in the URL bar. This will load your Google account page.
- In that page, locate the “Allow less secure apps” option and click on the “Turn on” option in order to activate it.
Once you complete these tasks, go to the Outlook application and try to log-in. This will give you a clear picture of the error code.
Configure the Outlook Application Appropriately
In some cases, the Error 78754 come up in the Outlook application because of misconfiguration of the settings. And to fix that problem, the user needs to configure the Outlook application properly. Now, to do that task on the system, follow the given steps.
- Press the Windows key + Q or S key to open up the search bar, then type “Outlook” in it and hit the Enter key.
- A new window will appear on the screen. There you need to enter your email address and check the box beside the ‘Let me set up my account manually’ option. Then, click on the Connect button.
- In the Outlook window, click on the IMAP option for Windows 10 Operating System. And click on the Google or POP or IMAP option for other versions of Windows.
- After that, check and make sure that IMAP or POP access feature is turned On.
- Now, before trying to add your Gmail account to Outlook, use the given server information in order to configure the Outlook application appropriately:
- IMAP incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
- IMAP port: 993
- IMAP SSL: Yes
- Encryption Method: SSL/TLS
- SMTP outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
- Requires SSL: Yes
- Requires TLS: Yes (if available)
- Requires Authentication: Yes
- SMTP port for SSL: 465
- SMTP port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
- POP incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com
- POP port: 995
- POP SSL: Yes
- Finally, hit the Next button. On the upcoming page, you have to enter the password of your Gmail account.
- And once you have done that click on the Connect option in order to complete the configuration process.
Now, you just need to launch the Outlook application in order to check whether the Error 78754 is eliminated or not.
Activate the 2-Step Verification Feature
If you have enabled the 2-step verification feature on your Gmail account, then you have to generate an app-specific password in order to log-in the Outlook application. Now, to do that, follow the given steps.
- Sign-in to your Google mail account and then click on the Signing into Google option. (You will get that option under the “Sign-in and Security” section of the Account Setting page.)
- There you need to verify the status of the 2-step verification feature. If it is disabled, then click on the arrow icon and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After completing the 2-step verification activation procedure, click on the arrow sign in order to get the App passwords. And, then verify your Gmail account using the 2-step verification process.
- Once you do that, a drop-down menu will appear on the screen. In that menu, you need to click on the Other option or on the custom name option-Outlook.
- On the next page, you need to type the name of the app and then click on the Generate option.
- Now, the in-app password will come up on the screen. After you get that, open up the Outlook application, select and set up the appropriate server.
- Lastly, use the app-specific password and your mail password when asked.
At this point, Outlook error 78754 should be fixed and you can start using your Gmail account with the Outlook application.
Update the Outlook application
Now, if none given solutions help you out in this error removal task, then there is a significant possibility that the Outlook application you are using is outdated. And you need to update the application in order to resolve the error 78754.
To do that task, visit the Microsoft Support page and select a suitable version of the Outlook application for the system. However, if you are using the mobile-based version of the Outlook application, then initiate the respective app and update the app from there.
We hope our solution and suggestions are helpful enough regarding the Gmail Error 78754 Outlook. You can also share your experience in the feedback box below.