While using Mozilla Firefox, you might have frequently come across this Print Preview Error. Print Preview option is mainly used when you want to print a particular web page while browsing.
There is no doubt that different web browsers have different printing problems. This is because different browsers have different settings and code lines that match with the print command.
Thus, it is common that the Firefox browser will also have certain problems if the user is trying to print something from Firefox. If you are also encountering Firefox print preview error, then no need to panic.
In this article, you will get to know various solutions using which you can easily get rid of this annoying issue. So go through them carefully.
Causes Behind the Firefox Print Preview Error:
Though the causes of the print preview are almost the same for almost every browser, yet sometimes it may not be the same. This Firefox print preview issue occurs due to the following reasons:
- Unusual design or style of a web page.
- Problems with setting up of flights.
- Malware or virus attacks
By now, as you are aware of the causes which lead to this issue, you can easily move on to the solutions section.
Easy and Quick Methods to Solve Firefox Print Preview Error:
Now, while facing print preview error, you can easily follow these methods to solve the error.
Method-1: Start the Firefox in the Safe Mode
This is the easiest way to solve the problem. While working, if you see that your Firefox browser is not in a working condition, then you have to start your Firefox browser in the safe mode.
With the help of these following steps, you can turn on the safe mode of your Firefox browser.
- Firstly, press the Shift key and you have to hold it down. Then click on the Mozilla application for opening the list.
- Secondly, from the ‘Safe Mode’ option, you have to select the ‘Start’ option. Then after doing this, you will find that your Firefox will start in the safe mode.
As your Mozilla firefox has been started, then try to print some pages for testing purposes.
Method-2: Turning off the Extensions of the Firefox Browser
If your Firefox extension is turned on, then there are chances that you will face this issue in your Mozilla Firefox.
For this, you have to turn off the extension for fixing this problem on your system. To do this, go through these steps:
- At first, you have to open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Secondly, go to the Menu section which you will find at the top corner of the page on your right-hand side.
- Thirdly, as the Menu section opens, click on the Add-on tabs.
- Fourthly, on the ‘Add-ons Manager Windows, tap on the ‘Extension option’. This option is present on the left side of the panel.
- In fifth place, you have to tap on the ‘Disable’ option for turning off the extension of the Firefox. After that, again start the Firefox browser and test whether it is all right or not.
Method-3: Check the Page Settings of Mozilla firefox
This is another way to resolve this error. To monitor the page settings of Mozilla Firefox, you have to undergo these cited below steps:
- Firstly, you have to tap on the Firefox application option for opening it.
- Secondly, go to the Menu section which you will find at the top corner of the page. This you will find on your right-hand side in the Menu section.
- Thirdly, from the menu section, tap on the Print option. After this, you will get to see the Print Preview option on your screen.
- After opening the Print Preview window, you have to set the scale is Shrink To Fit. From there, you have to set the orientation of the portrait of your device.
- Furthermore, click on the ‘Page Setup’. Then the page setup window will appear on the screen.
- Then on the page setup page, you have to click on the ‘Margins and Header/Footer’ option.
- As the margin windows open, you have to set properly the page margin.
- Next, you have to click on the ‘OK’ option for closing the page setup page. It will also take you back to the ‘Print Preview Page’.
- From the Print Preview page, click on the ‘Print’ option.
- Then you have to confirm whether a proper printer name is getting displayed or not at the name domain section.
- At last, make sure that the ‘Print to File Settings’ has been selected or not. If any modification is needed, then you can move ahead. You have to again print the page for testing purposes.
Method-4: Change All the Settings Related to the Printer in Firefox
With the change in the Firefox settings, you can easily resolve this Firefox printing issue. For changing the printer setting in the Firefox browser, you have to follow these steps:
- First, click on the Menu option from the page of Mozilla firefox.
- Secondly, you have to click on the ‘Help’ option and then to the ‘Troubleshooting Information’ from the menu section.
- As the Troubleshooting Information windows open, click on the ‘Open Folder’ option. This you will find under the tab of ‘Application Basics’.
- Then in the open folder page, the prefs.js file has to be copied to the different folders for creating a backup file.
- Next, you have to launch that proper prefs.js file with the text editor. For example WordPad. You have to remove each and every line. After that, you have to store the file in the correct location accordingly.
Hope that this method will work out in your case. But still, if you found out that the print preview error exists, then move onto the next solution without any hesitation.
Method-5: Reinstallation of the Mozilla Firefox
To get rid of this error, you can also try the reinstallation process of Mozilla Firefox Application. For reinstalling, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Control panel. You can also press the S key and Windows keys for opening the search box. After that, you have to type ‘Control Panel’. Then tap on the ‘Enter’ key.
- Secondly, as the ‘Control Panel’ windows open, then you have to move to the ‘Programs and Features’ section.
- In the ‘Programs and Features’ section, you will get to see the application of Mozilla Firefox. There you have to right-click on that for opening the menu.
- Then from that list of menu, tap on the ‘Uninstall’ option. After this, your system will begin the process of uninstallation.
- In the end, as your uninstallation process is over, then you have to restart your system.
After the restart procedure, you have to install it once more from Mozilla Firefox’s official website.
For the completion of the installation process, you have to follow the given instructions on the screen. Then again you have to open Mozilla Firefox and try to print a page again for testing purposes.
You can easily try the above-mentioned methods and check which one is best for you to resolve Firefox print preview error. Hopefully, one of the methods will surely work out.
But in case, if you find that the issue still persists, then don’t waste time and get in touch with a professional to get immediate assistance.