When you start your Dell laptop, you might face the error code 2000-0122 without any prior notification. Generally, this error appears due to the failure of RAM.
Sometimes, if there is a lack of system space or memory, then it will result in this error. You can also get this error due to excessive booting of the laptop. If you are going through the same error, and don’t know how to get rid of this problem, then go through this guide. Here, we are going to discuss all the probable ways which can help you to resolve this error.
[Step-by-Step] How to Fix Dell Error Code 2000-0122
Let’s go through the simple and easy procedures which you can perform in order to solve the error code 2000-0122.
Before that, you should perform a simple restart of the laptop. It might help you to get rid of the error message. But it is not a permanent solution. You need to execute the below-mentioned hacks to troubleshoot this error permanently.
Procedure 1: Check the RAM of the Dell Laptop
If there are any technical faults within the laptop, then the RAM stops to function properly and leaves behind an error 2000-0122. Hence, you need to check the RAM to verify if it is working or not.
How to Check the RAM of any Laptop?
- First of all, bring up the Start menu. Click on the Settings (gear-shaped) icon.
- Navigate to the System category and tap on the About button from the sub-menu.
- Afterward, you should choose the ‘Installed RAM’ option from the list.
- Click on the ‘Check your computer’s RAM usage’ button from the next page.
If the usage of RAM is showing accurately, then you should check if the error code still persists. If it does then go to the next procedure to eliminate this error.
Procedure 2: Remove the RAM Module from the Laptop
If there are any problems within the modules of RAM, then it can also trigger the appearance of the error 200-0122. At this juncture, you should check the RAM module. Here are steps you should perform to eradicate this error:
- First, turn the laptop off. (If you perform this procedure by using Hibernation or Sleep mode, then you may lose the data from the system.)
- Now, disconnect the AC adapter cable from the Dell laptop to prevent further damage.
- Remove the battery and detach all the other cables from the laptop. You also need to disconnect the Ethernet cable from the system.
- Now, open the slot cover of the memory module and remove all the screws carefully.
- Lift the slot cover to approximately 30 degrees and slide out the module from the corner.
- If you are using two sticks of RAM module, then remove them and check if the issue has been fixed.
If the error still continues, then you can replace the RAM. Otherwise, move on to the next method.
Procedure 3: Using Diagnostic Tool Test
All the Operating System comes with an in-built diagnostic tool. It has the ability to detect the error manually. You should run the diagnostic tool by following the steps mentioned below:
- First and foremost, launch the Run Command box by pressing the R and Win key both at the same time from the keyboard.
- Then, type “mdsched.exe” in the Run box. Hit Enter to proceed further. (Else, you can also click on the OK button).
- It will open a Memory Diagnostic dialog box. Click on the ‘Restart now and check for the problems’ button. Then, tap on the OK button to confirm the action.
- On startup, the Diagnostic Memory tool will start to reboot the computer automatically.
- Once it completes the diagnostic process, the Windows will show the status and also show eradicate the error.
How to Update the Device Driver?
If you have not updated the Device driver for a long time, then you may also face this error. Henceforth, you should update the Device driver to check if it can resolve the error.
Before going to perform the below steps, you need to create a backup of all the data stored on your computer.
Steps to Update the Device Driver:
To perform the updating process, you should take note of the process stated below:
- In the beginning, open the Control Panel by going to the Start menu. Then, go to the ‘System and Security’ category. Now, navigate to the ‘Network and Internet’ section from the left pane of the window.
- Thereafter, you need to go to the ‘Network and Sharing’ tab and click on the ‘Windows Update’ option. Now, it will start to search for the available updates.
- If it is able to locate any latest update, it will download and install that automatically. Afterward, you should restart the system to check the status of the error code 2000-0122 has been resolved.
If you implement all the above ways appropriately in the exact sequence mentioned, then it will definitely assist you to put an end to this error.
The above methods are simple and quite easy to perform. In case, you are facing any trouble, feel free to share your queries through the comment box.