FixErrorCodes is here to assist you at the time of your need.
Call Us Now :
Error code 0xc00d36c4 mostly occurs when playing MP4 files in Windows Media Player. Some users may have difficulties playing other file formats as well. Many users have reported that they encounter this error when trying to play files which refers to the content created through smartphones & GoPros.
What Causes Error code 0xc00d36c4?
The possible factors causing Error 0xc00d36c4 are as follows:
- Media Player doesn’t support the file format – Most media content players do not support all file formats. Unsupported media formats may trigger the Error 0xc00d36c4 to occur.
- Wrong Codec – In the case of wrong Codecs, the user may note that when an attempt is made to play an MP4 file, the video does not play. However, the audio plays. This problem occurs if a codec that is essential to play the file is missing from the computer or is not installed.
- Corrupt file – The computer files that suddenly become inaccessible can also cause this error. Many factors contribute to the corruption of a file. In some cases, corrupt files may be recovered & played, but in some cases, deletion of the file may be necessary as the files are not operable under any circumstance.
Methods To Resolve Error 0xc00d36c4
There are multiple ways to resolve the 0xc00d36c4 mp4 error code. A few of the easy ways to fix the glitch are as follows:
Method 1: Turn off Copy Protection in Windows Media Player-
Windows Media Player is set to copy protect the media files it burns by default, which makes them impossible to open in other media/music players. This feature may be easily turned off following the steps below:
- Click on Start and search Media Player. Now open Media Player.
- Search for the ‘Organize’ option and then click and open Options.
- Open Rip Music tab.
- Uncheck the ‘Copy Protect Music’ option and finally click OK to apply the changes made.
Method 2: Missing Codecs-
Codecs are programs which help to encode and decode the digital data. They are present to help in opening digital media files on the computer. Often error code 0xc00d36c4 pops up due to missing codecs. Fortunately, this is a problem which can be easily resolved by downloading & installing the missing codecs.
Method 3: Using VLC Media Player-
One of the easiest solutions to resolve Error code 0xc00d36c4 is to open the media files with VLC Media Player. If the file fails to open with VLC Media Player as well, the file is corrupt.
Method 4: Misconfigured Playback Settings-
Often this error occurs due to the change in playback settings because of a malware or by a different user the 0xc00d36c4 occurs. The following steps may resolve the issue.
- Find the Volume icon and then click on the ‘Playback devices’ option.
- Select and open the Speaker tab. Now, click on the “Configure” option.
- Click on the Test button when the list of audio channels appear on your screen. If an error message displays on the screen make a note of the channel.
- Test all the Audio channels and then click on the “Next” option.
- Unselect the faulty speakers.
- Now check if the error resolves.
For Further Assistance Contact Us
If you are still struggling with Error code 0xc00d36c4 even after performing the steps mentioned above, connect with the experts and get easy solutions to fix the errors. The experts are always available to provide you with practical solutions. In addition, we offer remote and door-to-door services as well. There are multiple modes of communication through which you can connect with us.
Call Us – You can call at Customer Support Number+1-855-334-7340 to discuss the glitches with our skilled technicians and get immediate assistance.
Email Us- However, you can also drop an email highlighting all your queries at our official email ID. The experts will reach you with effective solutions as soon as they receive your complaint. Our official email id is firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Chat – Alternatively, you can speak to the experts through the Live Chat portal to receive immediate assistance and fix the error quickly.