How To Fix Error 0x80004005 Windows 10? Comprehensive Guidance At Your Fingertips
There are more than one Windows update errors, which can take place anytime during the update process and spoils the whole procedure. Error 0x80004005 Windows 10, is one of those common errors.
Due to some glitch present in the Windows service, you can get this error on your device. Beside that, you can also encounter this error if you are using any conflicting software in your device.
Outdated PC drivers can also be the reason to encounter this typical error with your device.
If you are looking for an effective solution to resolve this error, let this article help you. Using it, you will be able to walk through the correct troubleshooting process and will fix this error on a quick note. So, let’s see the fixes.
Troubleshoot Error 0x80004005 Windows 10
Here is a complete guide using which, you will be able to troubleshoot error 0x80004005 Windows 10 in an easy way. Try to follow them whichever looks convenient for you. So, let’s start the troubleshooting process.
Method 1: Perform the Update Troubleshooter
You can also try to perform the update troubleshooter in order to resolve this error. On that note, try to follow these steps:
- At first, you need to press the Windows key + I in order to open the Settings app.
- After that, try to select Update & Security.
- Now, you need to navigate to the Troubleshoot which is situated in the left pane.
- After that, you need to select Windows Update as well as tap on Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the onscreen instructions until this procedure completes.
In case, you won’t be able to resolve this issue, move to the next method.
Method 2: Run SFC
You can also run SFC scan in order to fix this error. It checks the integrity of the system files and repairs them if needed. Follow the instructions mentioned below to perform this action:
- At first, in the Windows Search bar, you need to type cmd.
- Now, right click on the Command Prompt as well as run it as an administrator.
- After that, in the command line, you need to type the command sfc /scannow and hit the Enter button to continue.
- The scanning procedure will last for some time and after performing this step, you able to resolve this error.
- In case, you notice the tool fails to locate the system errors and this error persists, try to follow the alternative method.
Method 3: Reset Update Service
Resetting the update service can also be the method, using which, you will be able to fix this typical error on your own. In that case, try out these steps:
- Firstly, in the Windows Search bar, type “cmd”.
- Now, right click on the Command Prompt and run it as administrator.
- After that, in the command-line, you need to type the following command and hit the Enter button after each command.
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
net stop cryptic
Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore *.bak
Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download *.bak
Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 *.bak
net start wuauserv
net start bits
- net start cryptsvc
- Once you are done with the steps, try to check for updates again. Hopefully, it will fix this error.
Method 4: Check the PC Drivers
Bad drivers can also be the reason, due to which you are getting this kind of errors with your device. In that case, you need to update PC drivers in order to resolve this error on your own. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, tap on the Windows key+X at the same time to launch the power user menu.
- From that list, select Device Manager.
- Now, you need to search for the yellow exclamation point. These are devices which don’t have proper devices.
- After that, depending on the type of device you can perform these steps:
- In case you are using lighter devices like a webcam or universal serial bus controllers, right click on the device and select Update driver.
- If you are using GPU and sound devices, locate the official OEM’s site and download certified drivers. Once you fix the missing drivers, you need to restart the PC and check for updates again.
After completing this procedure, you will be able to resolve this error. If the issue persists, follow the alternative method.
Method 5: Clean Boot your PC
Using a conflicting software can also be the reason due to which you are getting this error on your device. So, you can eliminate this error from your device by performing a clean boot process with your device. In order to perform this action, try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to the Start button and type “msconfig” and hit Enter to continue.
- Next, you need to navigate to the system configuration and tap on the Services tab.
- Make the box be checked against Hide all Microsoft services check box.
- Tap on Disable all.hide all Microsoft services
- After that, you need to go to the Startup tab and Navigate to the Task Manager.
- Now, you need to choose each startup item and tap on the Disable button.
- After that, you will be able to close the task manager and restart the computer.
After implementing all of the steps in a proper way, this particular error will be fixed.
Once you go through this article, you will be able to resolve error 0x80004005 Windows 10 without much effort. To perform this action in an easy way, try to follow the steps in a serious manner. Try not to jump any steps. In case, you have any further queries, you can contact experts who can guide you the best. You can leave a comment in the comment section providing your troubleshooting experience. So, let’s conclude here and will see you in the next post.