When it comes to printing, users generally favor using Epson printers for their outstanding functionality and optimum printouts.
But as we know, none of the single printers is free from technical issues and so you may also encounter various issues while using your Epson device.
Despite all the bugs and technical faults, Epson printer error code 0xf3 is one such error that is reported by many users.
This error mainly occurs when an unknown object or element get stuck within the printing machine. Also, it can simply crash all the running programs.
Thus, the device will run sluggishly and that will result in your PC won’t connect with the printer. So, it is quite important to resolve the issue at the earliest to continue with the printing jobs.
If you are one of those and looking for some solutions to deal with this particular error, then go through the article to the end. This article covers all the effective solutions to overcome this error in the minimum time possible.
Effective Ways to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0xf3:
Following are some of the hassle-free ways that we have shared to eliminate Epson printer error code 0xf3. So, check it out to know more about this.
Method 1: Check the Epson Printer’s Components
Checking the Epson printer’s components is the primary way to resolve the unknown error code from the device.
This method allows you to detect if there are any internal issues in the system causing the error.
Some of the steps are given below to accomplish the task.
- Turn off the printer and disconnect all the power cables and cords from the back of the device.
- Now, open the front tray gently and remove the cartridge and the rear components also.
- After that, take out the printer’s ink lever gently and detach all the front panels and back panel screws.
- Now, clean the interior part of the device and take a dry napkin to remove the dust accumulated inside the printer.
- Insert the cartridges back to their place and reset the device to finish the process.
After completing all the steps accurately, insert a paper into the tray and see if the device is now printing.
If the above method fails and the printer is still not printing, try the next solution that we have discussed below.
Method 2: Verify if there any Jammed Paper into the Paper Tray
If there are any stuck object or if there is any jammed paper into the paper tray, then there might be a possibility of getting this error code.
Hence, you need to look at the jammed paper inside the paper tray and follow these steps to do so.
- Turn off the printer to reduce the chance of damaging the device or injuring yourself.
- Now, wait for the printer to shut down and then open the main cover from the top.
- After that, take out the paper tray gently without forcing any element.
- Grasp the paper firmly and pull out the sheet slowly to remove the paper. If the paper tears, it can spread paper fibers and so, pulling the paper roughy can cause injury to the device.
- Remove the print head to see if there is any paper left inside the system and then move to the output tray.
- After looking for the output tray, close the output cover and top cover as well to complete the task.
Now, insert some papers into the tray and turn on the device to see if the Epson printer is now printing.
If the issue is not fixed yet even after trying these steps, you can try one more solution here below.
Method 3: Check the Ink Level on your Epson Printer
If you have a low ink level on your Epson printer, then it will also cause this error code.
Hence, to sort out this error, first of all, you need to check the ink levels manually on your device.
Following are some steps given below to accomplish the task.
- First, install the Epson Status Monitor program that comes on the CD with the printer device. If you don’t have that installation CD, you can download the application directly from the web.
- Now, when the application is installed successfully, open the file in any application that allows you to print.
- Locate the File option from the Control Bar on the top and click on that.
- Select the Print or Page setup option from the menu and then a dialog box will open.
- Click the Status Monitor icon from the dialog box and then select the Epson Status Monitor option.
- Click on the View button to display the ink levels for the ink in the printer and locate the Back button.
- After that, click on the button and then click the Utility button from the Status bar.
- Now, click the Configuration button from the Utility dialog box to open the Configuration box.
- Use the Settings from the menu to adjust the ink level warnings and to monitor the ink level.
After successfully completing all the above steps, restart the printer and try a few pages to print.
If the machine is still not printing and the error code remains, have a glance at the next solution discussed below.
Method 4: Reset the Epson Printer
Resetting the printer allows the device to go back in time and solve several error codes.
Hence, you also need to try resetting the device.
Here are some solutions given below to do so.
- Turn off the printer and use a paper clip or tip of pen and long-press the Reset button on the back of the device.
- While holding the Reset button, turn on the Epson printer and continue to hold the Reset button.
- After that, wait for a few seconds and then a warning sheet will print out that has the IP address written.
- Now, release the Reset button when the printer says “Reset successful”.
- Finally, reconfigure the Epson printer with the new IP address that was written on the paper sheet.
At last, restart the printer and try some pages to print to see if the printer is now working as earlier.
If still, the issue remains, then there might be some issues with the Printer’s spooler service.
Method 5: Verify the Print Spooler Service
If you have knowingly or unknowingly turned off the spooler service on your printer, then the device will display this Epson printer error code 0xf3.
In that case, you need to verify and turn on the feature to get back the printer in the working state as earlier.
Have a look at the steps we have presented below to perform this procedure.
- Turn on the computer and open the Run Command from the Windows Search panel or by pressing the Windows + R button.
- When the Run Command opens, type “services.msc” into the search panel and tap the Enter key to invoke the action.
- Now, when the Service page opens, find and double-click the print spooler service from the top of the list.
- After that, select the Startup Type option from the box and set the option as Running.
- Select the Start option and click on the Apply button below to complete the task successfully.
Now, restart the computer and the printer and try printing to see if the error code is now resolved.
These are the premium solutions that we have discussed in the above section to get escape from Epson printer error code 0xf3.
You can effortlessly end up this printer error if you have performed all the steps and methods accurately.
If somehow, the error code is not fixed and the Epson printer is still not printing, then comment on our description box and our experts will help you out by providing solutions or suggestions to deal with this error.