How To Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x97?
Some of the Epson printer users have reported that they are facing Epson printer error code 0x97. Epson has claimed that it happens due to hardware malfunction.
Mostly, the WF-3620 and 4630 models of the Epson printer encounter the error code 0x97.
Causes Behind Epson Printer Error Code 0x97
Before going to the solutions, let’s take a look at the reasons first. There are several causes behind this error. It can occur anytime due to motherboard faults or any other hardware faults.
This error stops you from printing anything and creates a big hassle for you. So you need to resolve the problem as soon as possible.
Solve Epson Printer Error Code 0x97: 6 Simple Fixes
We have researched the problem and discovered 6 convenient fixes to help you out. Let’s get started.
Unplug and Plug
This sounds silly but we can’t leave a simple hack. And sometimes, these hacks wonder us.
- You need to disconnect everything from your Epson printer.
- Remove all USB drivers.
- Take out the cartridge.
- Switch off the printer.
- Drain all the energy by pressing the power button for some time.
- Now, plugin each and every connection.
- Switch on your Epson printer.
- Install the cartridge.
Now you can try to print whatever you want.
Advanced Unplug and Plugin
You can go for this if the first one doesn’t work in solving error code 0x97.
- Turn off your Epson Printer.
- Unplug it, similarly.
- Disconnect everything in the same way.
- Wait for a while till your Epson printer cools down.
- Press and hold the power button to drain the remaining power.
- You need to connect the power plug to your Epson printer while pressing the power button.
Check if the problem resolves. If not, then proceed to the next solutions.
Maybe, your printer requires a clean-up. A clogged printer can’t perform well and can’t print. This can lead to the Epson printer error code 0x97. Here’s how you can clean an Epson printer. Additionally, cleaning properly can increase the lifespan of your printer.
- Switch your printer off. Remove all the cables including the power one.
- Open the casing of the printer, gently.
- You can get a soft towel or paper cloth to clean the printer head.
- Fold the cloth if necessary to fit in the area.
- You better go for a cleaning liquid containing ammonia.
- Set the print head to its accurate position.
- Wait for at least 10 hours.
Restart your printer and go for printing. If you have already cleaned the printer then look at the remaining fixes.
You can go for Microsoft Printer troubleshoot to fix the Epson printer error code 0x97.
- Turn your Epson printer on.
- Connect all the cables.
- You need to download Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter from the official site of Microsoft.
- Install the Troubleshooter and run it.
- The troubleshooter will diagnose your printer and repair the error if it can.
Maybe, your Epson printer needs an update of its firmware. You can download it by visiting the Epson printer help page. Type down your printer model and download the necessary firmware driver. Printer with updated firmware will fix the error 0x97.
Use Original Cartridge
You can simply avoid such errors by using only the branded cartridges in your Epson printer. Don’t compromise on the quality. Branded ink cartridges can prevent these errors. And can increase the lifespan of your printer as well.