Fix Epson Communication Error (Step by Step Guide)
If you see your Epson printer is not printing and scanning and you are frequently getting error messages then your printer is unable to communicate with your computer. Most of the time when you update your system, you can see this Epson communication error and Epson scanner communication error.
Do not worry, you are not the only one who is encountering this issue. Numerous users encounter this error as a challenge. Therefore, here we will provide some simple and easy hacks to fix these issues.
Reasons for Epson Communication Error
Due to various reasons, you can see Epson communication error in your Epson printer. Here, we are mentioning some of the points that are responsible for triggering this error.
- Due to the Compatibility mode.
- Any fault in your power cable or socket.
- If the cable connection is loose.
- Using the wrong interfacer for cable connection.
- Due to the Network issue.
- Any issue in the printer hardware.
- Using old printer firmware
Effective Solutions for Epson Communication Error:
Whenever you see Epson communication error and Epson scanner communication error, try out these simple hacks and get rid of the situation.
Set Your Scanner in Automatic Mode
Make sure to fix this error on your Epson scanner to set it into compatibility mode. To change it to Automatic mode follow the steps-
- Right-click on the Epson scan icon and then click on Properties.
- Navigate to Compatibility tab and check its mode.
- If Run this program in compatibility mode box is checked, then uncheck it and click on the OK button.
- Now, press the Windows logo key + R at the same time from your keyboard.
- Once you see the Run window, type services.msc and hit the Enter button to open the Services window.
- Then, right-click on the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) then, click on Properties.
- Now, select Automatic mode from the Startup type. Make sure service status shows Running.
- Hit on the Apply button and then OK and check if the scanner works.
Check Your Cable Connection
If you do not want to get this error then check your cable connection properly. To do so-
- First, turn off the printer and computer.
- Check all cable connections are properly connected to the power slot and your computer or not.
- Then, turn on your computer and printer and check the issues are solved or not.
Check Your Network Connection
Make sure that you have a proper internet connection between your computer and printer, else you can face Epson communication error. To check your network connection follow these steps-
- First, check the printer’s TCP/IP address and try to print the configuration page from the printer’s control panel.
- So, if you see any duplicate IP message then update the IP address for the printer.
- Run a scan test and check the network settings for your printer and PC.
- Now go to printer’s Control Panel page and choose Troubleshooting.
- Click on Network problems and then Network diagnostics to perform the network steps.
- After the test is complete, you can see the result on the printer’s display.
Run Printer Trouble-Shooter
If there is an issue in your hardware then, running a printer troubleshooter can fix Epson communication error. To run a trouble-shooter, you have to follow these steps.
- Click on the start menu and open the Control panel.
- Search the PC repair in the search panel.
- Open the troubleshooter and navigate to the hardware and sound section.
- Select your printer and run the troubleshooter.
- If there is any hardware issue then trouble-shooter will find it and fix it.
- Now do a self-test and check the issue is solved or not.
Update Your Driver
Sometimes this error also occurs if you use an outdated scanner driver for a long time. In this case, you have to update your scanner by using the correct tool. You can even update your scanner driver manually or automatically.
So, if you want to update the driver manually then, go to the manufacturer’s website and find out the latest and compatible driver for your system. Then, download and install the driver manually by following the online instructions.
- To Update Automatically follow these steps
- Go online and visit your desired website and find out the correct tool.
- Download the tool and install it.
- Run a scan to identify the problematic drivers.
- Then, click on Update and let the tool download and install the correct scanner driver for your system automatically.
- So, if you click on Update All option then all your outdated version will be updated automatically.
- Now, restart your computer and check if Epson scanner communication error is resolved.
Reinstall Your Drivers
Sometimes if you uninstall your old printer and reinstall it again then you can fix this communication error. To do so-
- Open your control panel and navigate to Devices and Printer.
- Find out your printer and right-click on it.
- Click on uninstall and remove the old printer drivers.
- Restart your computer after the uninstallation process is complete.
- Now, go to your manufacturer’s website and download and reinstall the latest printer driver again and restart your computer again.
- Check whether the issues still persist or not.
Reset The Printer
If all these methods can not fix this error code then try to reset your printer by using the Reset button. First, download the button and eliminate the file and run the Re-setter button to solve this issue.
Overall all these methods are the top solutions to fix Epson communication error. In a simple language, we have tried to explain these solutions so that you can easily understand and apply them. But still, if you face any issue or you have any queries, feel free to leave a message in the comment section.