Destiny 2 is an online shooting-game based on mythic science fiction where multiple players can join. And the Destiny 2 error code Weasel is one of the most common errors which users come across while playing the game.
There are several reasons for this error, like packet loss or communication loss between the user’s server and Bungie. Apart from these, there are also some minor causes like ISP saturation, network congestion, Wi-fi or router is not working, etc.
If you are on Wi-fi connection and your Wi-fi router is not working, then we have a tip for you. You can switch to some wired network as this might resolve the error.
Fixes to Overcome Destiny 2 Error Code Weasel:
If the tip doesn’t work for you and you are still dealing with the error, then please go through the following solutions. We have collected these verified fixes and tested ourselves.
We have taken care of the basic items related to the game and internet connection to solve Destiny 2 error code Weasel.
Fix 1: Replace Cables and Splitter
We need to do the first things first. Many gamers have reported that they were dealing with this problem due to faulty cables. You also might have bad coax cables and splitters due to which the internet connection problem occurs. Replace the cables if they are irritating you.
You need to take special care when you are a cable-internet user. If you haven’t changed the cables for years, then you need to change them. You can also contact a technician, otherwise, you can also buy new cables and splitters.
Fix 2: Faulty Clan Invite
You may face error code Weasel when any gamer invites you to join a clan. There are a lot of gamers who have reported that they have faced the error in a similar way.
Ensure that you should not keep any clan invites pending. You can avoid the error by accepting the clan invites to your Destiny 2. Follow the steps below to assure a complete solution.
- If the clan admin removes you, then delete the invite to prevent the error message from appearing on your Xbox or PlayStation.
- Check if there is any new clan invite on the page of Membership under Bungie.net. If yes, then join the clan immediately to remove the error.
Now, check if the error is still there. If no, then you can skip the rest of the article. Otherwise, continue to get a proper solution to resolve the error.
Fix 3: Create a New Account (PlayStation Users Only)
We have an additional fix for PlayStation gamers only. If the Destiny 2 error code Weasel is too arrogant, then create another account to get rid of the problem.
Many PlayStation users have resolved the problem easily by using this method. So, we have listed this method to help you.
Please make sure that you are connected to the PlayStation Network(PSN) online before trying this fix. Let’s get started.
Step 1: Sign Up for the Account
The process is quite long. That’s why we have divided the whole process into simpler 3 steps so that you can easily apply the fix.
- Open your PlayStation and go to New User. Then, choose to Create a User 1 on the log-in screen of PlayStation.
- Then you should notice that it would create a local user on the PlayStation. But this is not a PSN account.
- Therefore, opt for the Next option. Then select “New to PlayStation Network? Create an Account> Sign Up Now” option.
- You can skip this step if you have to select the name and avatar for the local user and play games offline right now. Head towards the avatar on your PlayStation screen to perform the sign-up process for PSN later.
- If you are a first time user on your PlayStation, then proceed to the profile of User 1. Next, you have to provide all the details.
Step 2: Validate the Account with Details and Credentials
Here, you have to fill the necessary information with your personal details and valid credentials. So that you are able to register yourself as a gamer in PSN. So, let’s start from where we ended in Step 1.
- Enter your birthday if you are under 18. Hence, you are able to create a local user to play offline games. You have to ask an adult person to approve your account.
- Please don’t provide a fake birthday because PSN can take liable action against those who are providing wrong information. All the terms and conditions are mentioned by the PlayStation authority.
- If you are over 18, then you can use your credit or debit card to complete the transaction on the PlayStation store. Ensure that the address of card billing should match with the address that you have provided.
- Please provide an email address that you use often because the PlayStation authority would verify the email address you have provided.
- Create the online ID and enter all your details like first and last name.
Step 3: Choose your Preferences
Next, you have to choose the preferences on your PSN account. Here’s how you can do it.
- Select your Friends, Sharing and Messages Settings. These are meant for your account only.
- You have to ask an adult player of PSN to approve your account when you are under 18. Otherwise, they can’t play online.
- Now, go to your mail inbox and check out the verification mail from PlayStation. Click on the verification link of your mail. If you haven’t received such an email, then check Junk and Spam folders.
- Otherwise, ask for resending the email from the Help options. Next, choose Login with Facebook to link your PSN account with your Facebook account.
- Hence, the process completes and you can enjoy playing online games on your PlayStation.
When you are done with creating an account, then check if the error still persists.
Fix 4: Unlink Destiny 2 App from your Smartphone
This fix also worked for several users when they have gone through the above fixes but not find them useful. This method to fix Destiny 2 error code Weasel works only if you have a companion app on your smartphone.
Deleting or uplinking the app can help in this situation. Let’s try out this fix.
- Firstly, you have to sign in to Bungie.net. Use the authentication method.
- Go to the Settings page and choose “Accounts and Linking”.
- Opt for the Unlink option that is next to the App Authentication method to erase it from the smartphone.
- You can choose an alternate way to resolve the matter. Simply Uninstall the app from your smartphone.
- The same process applies to the iPhone too. Just uninstall that companion app from your iPhone.
After you unlink or uninstall the app, now double-check if the error is still appearing.
Fix 5: Clear the Cache(Xbox One Players only)
An excessive cache may create this situation. Hence, you should make sure that you must clear the cache frequently. By the way, this fix holds for only Xbox One players. Let’s figure out the process.
- You have to press and hold the Power button of the Xbox One console until it shuts down.
- Remove the Power Brick from the Xbox One. Again, press and hold the Power button several times. This will ensure that there’s no remaining power in the Xbox One.
- Now, clean the caches. Plugin the Power Brick and wait until the light on Power Brick becomes orange from white.
Then turn on your Xbox One and see if the error resolves.
Hopefully, the fixes have helped you to overcome the Destiny 2 error code Weasel. If you have any queries, then feel free to ask us in the comment section and you will get a reply. You can also share your fixes to overcome this error.