If you frequently use Google Chrome, then “Err Connection Reset” can occur in your Windows system. It appears along with a message “This Webpage is not available” which is indeed annoying and disturbing.
You will get this error in Chrome at the time of browsing websites. And this indicates that the browser that you are using, failed to establish a connection with the website. A connection reset indicates that the computer is unable to receive or access the data.
There are various reasons behind this connection reset error and the solutions discussed in this article will help you to resolve the error. So, go through this guide to learn the ultimate solution at the earliest.
How to Fix Minecraft Fatal Error 4 Connection Reset
Here are a few easy and simple steps that will help you to solve the connection reset error within a flicker of time.
Method 1: Change the Proxy Setting
Changing the proxy setting in your Windows system will be the most effective solution to fix this error. And for doing that you have to follow the below-mentioned instructions.
- First, you have to go to the “Control Panel” on the Windows system.
- Select the”Internet Options” from the Control Panel tab.
- Next, you have to go to the “Connections” tab and then choose the “LAN settings” option.
- A new window will open after that. Untick the “Use a Proxy Server for Your LAN” option from that tab. Tap on “OK” after that.
Method 2: Reset the IP
You can also implement this solution to fix the error associated with Google Chrome. You have to follow the steps given below:
- Type “Command prompt” in the search box of the Menu bar.
- Next, tap on the Command Prompt and click on the “Run as Administrator” option.
- A Command Prompt tab will appear on the screen. Type “netsh Winsock reset catalog” command in that window and then hit Enter to run the program.
- Now, restart the device to check if the Err_Connection_Reset Error is solved.
Method 3: Disable the Firewall Software
If you want to remove the error then disabling the firewall or antivirus software from the computer is indeed a wise decision. And for that, you have to follow these steps:
- First, you have to go to the Start option, then go to the Settings.
- Choose the “Update and Security” option from that.
- Next, select the “Windows Security” option.
- Choose the “Virus & Threat protection settings” from the Windows Security tab.
- Then, go to the Manager Setting option in the Windows system.
- Lastly, you have to switch off the Real-Time Protection option to disable the antivirus software.
Method 4: Power Cycle the Router
Sometimes, power cycling the router can fix the network error that you are facing. And for that, you have to follow these steps.
Unplug the router from the power source. Don’t plug the router for 5 minutes. Next, turn on the computer along with the router back to its power source.
Now, wait for sometimes until the router restart and the device gets a proper connection. Open the Google Chrome to check if the connection reset error persists.
These are the easy and efficient methods for how to fix Minecraft fatal error 4 connection reset error. Hope you find this article worth reading. If you have any queries then share it through the comment section.