AOL refers to America web portal and Online service. This is a free web-based email service that has several beneficial features. Moreover, it has an email attachment limit up to 25 MB and supports POP3, SMTP, and IMAP protocols.
But sometimes many users can’t access AOL mail through their email IDs. This is a common error which when generated shows you a blank or missing screens and even can cause many errors.
So, if you are the one who is facing this issue on a regular basis then you must take immediate measures against it and resolve the problem at the earliest.
Here, we are going to discuss some easy and effective methods that will help you to fix this problem on the go.
Steps to Follow If you Cannot Access AOL Mail:
Whenever you can’t access AOL mail, apply the following steps and try to solve the problem with ease.
1. Try to Sign in Again
If you are unable to access AOL mail then switch off and on again. Sometimes this old method can work effectively. Hence completely sign out from your account and then sign back again. After trying out these methods several times if you still can’t access AOL mail then, you must try other methods as well.
2. Verify or Reset Web Settings
We are never satisfied with one software and browser. That is why we install several softwares and browsers and try to get benefit out of it. Installing and using different browsers and softwares can make many changes in settings and you might not get access to the AOL account.
In this case, reset can be another solution that might save you. Just go to the control panel and reset the web settings to the default mode and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
3. Use Another Browser
If you can’t access AOL mail from the browser that you use on a regular basis then use another browser and check whether you can sign in or not. Sometimes using one particular browser can block the sign-in request or if the browser is old then you might have to face this problem.
Better you update your browsers on a regular basis to get better functionality.
4. Repair Password Problems
Sometimes when you try to sign in with your password, an error message might pop up that states- “Invalid Password. Please try again.” Usually, this occurs if you type a wrong password.
Whether you forget your password or there is any other password related issue, use the account recovery options online and fix password problems effectively.
5. Check Java Applet Scripting
If you are unable to access AOL mail then, check Java applet scripting and cookies are enabled or not. If they are disabled then enable manually. If you are using Firefox and Chrome in the Windows system then you may follow these steps.
- Open the Windows Control Panel and choose the System preferences option.
- Open Java control panel.
- Choose the Security tab and check the Enable Java Content in the browser box.
- Click on Apply if the box was not selected and then click on the OK button.
- Check the issue if it is resolved.
- Open your browser and customize and control Google Chrome (click on three dots) from the right top section.
- Choose Settings > click on the Show advanced settings at the bottom.
- Go to the Privacy section and choose the Content Settings.
- Scroll down and navigate to the Plug-ins section and click on Disable individual plug-ins.
- Search Java plugin and click on the Enable link to turn it on.
6. Clear the Browser Cache
Cookies allow you to get direct access to the websites if you do not want to open the link for the second time. But sometimes you might get several loading errors due to these cookies. This could be another reason that you might not be able to access your AOL mail. So make sure you clear all the cache on a regular basis to get efficient and better results.
If you are a user of Mozilla Firefox then you may follow these steps.
- Press CTRL+Shift+Del at the same time to open the Clear recent history window.
- Choose the time range from the dropdown menu to delete the cache.
- Select All option and delete all data.
- Click the arrow next to Details and give a tick mark on the box next to the cache.
- After deleting all the cache, reload the site and check the issue.
These are the steps described for Chrome users.
- Press the CTRL+Shift+Del at the same time.
- Once you see Clear Browser Cache Window, choose the time range for deleting the cache data.
- Choose All option and check the box next to “Images and Files in Cache” option.
- Then, click on the Delete Browser data button and clear the cache.
- Once you are done, reload the site and check the problem.
7. Turn Off Firewall or Pop-up Settings
Sometimes you might not get access to your AOL if the Firewall or pop-up blocking software is enabled. Hence, you have to disable the firewall or the blocking software and then try to sign in AOL mail to eliminate this problem.
- Click on the Power menu and select Control Panel.
- Choose the System and Security link.
- Select Windows Firewall and then choose Turn Windows Firewall on or off option from the left side of the screen.
- Click on Ok to save the changes.
- Check if you could sign in AOL mail.
8. Use Other Versions of AOL
After using all the methods if you still cannot access AOL mail then try some other versions of AOL that are available. Before using any other version check out their basics or accessibility.
These are some of the effective hacks that you can apply if you can’t access AOL mail. All these steps are easy and effective that anyone can follow without any help.