Printer errors are always annoying and same is the case with Canon printer error code U052. If you notice that the printhead is not properly placed, you might often come across this error.
However, there are some other reasons as well that can cause this error to trouble you.
Therefore, moving to the solution part, let’s check out what are the causes behind this error code.
What are the Reasons for Canon Printer Error U052?
Whenever canon printer error code U052 comes on your screen, you probably have to find out its causes. To check out those causes, check the points given below:
- Incorrect installation of the printer head can be the reason of this error.
- If the printer head is not properly installed then this error can pop up.
- Using old or damaged cartridges for a long time might trigger this error.
- If the printhead does not support your devices then you can notice Canon printer error code U052 occurs.
How to Fix Canon Printer Error U052?
There are several ways to solve Canon printer error code U052. So, if you are getting this error and want to know how to fix it then try out the below-mentioned steps.
Fix 1: Reset the Printer Head
Reset is probably the best method to fix Canon printer error code U052. Therefore, to perform the reset:
- First, you turn off your printer and unplug it.
- Now, open the paper output tray.
- Lift the scanning unit and hold it via scanning unit support and let the printhead move to the replacement position automatically.
- Without touching the print head lock lever, push the ink tabs and remove all the ink tanks.
- Check the carriage area to find out the torn paper. If found then remove it and lift the print head lock lever.
- Now insert the ink tanks in the print head and set it to the slot perfectly. The ink lamp turns red if it is perfectly inserted.
- Slowly place the scanning unit into its original space.
- After completing the whole process, check the issue still persists or not.
Fix 2: Clean Your Ink Cartridge
To avoid this error it is important to check the ink cartridge on a regular basis. So, if your ink cartridge is dirty then probably you may get this error.
Hence, it is important to clean your ink cartridge. And to do so,
- Remove the printhead and ink tray or cartridges.
- Make it clean by using a cotton ball.
- Let it dry completely for 12 minutes.
- Turn off printers for three to four minutes and turn it on again.
- Place the printhead and ink tray back to their place.
- Test the error still remains the same or not
Fix 3: Get a Default Printer Setting
This is an alternative method that you can also try to fix this error. Here are the steps to do the task:
- Switch on your printer as well as your computer.
- Then, press and hold the windows and letter R key at the same time.
- When you see a run window, type Control and click on OK.
- A list will open up, select Devices and Printers and click on Set as default printer.
Fix 4: Remove the Old Cartridge and Install a New One
If you use an outdated cartridge for a long time then Canon printer error code U052 may appear. In that case, replacement is utmost necessary.
Process of Removal
- First, get a paper and put it down in front of the printer so that it can catch the ink if spills.
- Turn on your printer. Do not try this process when your printer is off as it might damage your printer.
- While your printer is on, open the front panel of the printer and lift it up.
- Then, hold the front panel in place for a few seconds. When the ink cartridge slides over, you can access it.
- Lift the small lever and release the old cartridges.
After removing the old cartridge, now you can install a new one.
- First, unpack a new cartridge and find a small plastic cap or tape against the cartridge at the bottom of the cartridge.
- Then, remove it carefully and put the cartridge into the printer with the label facing out.
- Finally, push the lever to lock it into place and then close the cover of the printer.
- Do a self-test and check the issue is resolved or not.
Hopefully, all these points will help you to fix Canon printer error code U052 if applied appropriately. In case if these methods do not work then the issue might be the major one. So, let us know your comments below about the challenges that you are facing.