Bitdefender is one of the best anti-malware software used across the world. It has advanced features which help to detect any kind of viruses, junk files from your system. But like other devices, Bitdefender has many technical faults that hamper the overall performance of your system.
Nowadays users often come across Bitdefender VPN Error 1004 when they go online. Due to various reasons, this error code appears on your screen. So, if you do not know the reason behind this issue, you can not fix this error properly.
Top Reasons For Bitdefender VPN Error 1004:
Why do we get Bitdefender VPN Error 1004? If we get the answer to this question then, we can easily fix this issue. In this article, you will get to know the probable reason for this error. So, let’s check out the below points-
- Due to the bad internet connection, you can experience this issue.
- This error also occurs if your Bitdefender files get corrupted.
- If you do not configure your proxy server properly, the error might appear at any time.
- Using outdated drivers for a long time can be another reason for causing this error.
Easy Hacks to Fix Bitdefender VPN Error 1004:
Now you are aware of the causes for Bitdefender VPN Error 1004, so first restart your computer and try to fix this issue. Restart is the quickest solution that can fix many problems. But after rebooting your system, if the issue still persists then you apply the below mentioned hacks.
Verify Your Connection
It is essential that your VPN is properly connected to the Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable, else you can notice this error. If somehow, it is not connected properly then reconnect it in a proper way. After doing so, if you still find the error then use an Ethernet cable and try to solve the issue with a reg file extension.
Run SFC Scan
To fix this, you must run a scan by SFC scanner. To run this scan, check out the below steps-
- Press the Windows key+S button and get the search box.
- Type cmd in the box and right-click on it.
- Select Run as Administrator option from the list.
- Once you see the Command Prompt window, write SFC/scannow and press Enter.
- When the process will complete, restart your system.
- Open the Bitdefender software and check the issue is solved or not.
Correct Your Bitdefender Files
Sometimes fixing some files in your system can also help you to solve this error. To do so-
- First, press and hold the windows and R key at the same time and open the Run box.
- Type in the box Regedit and click on the OK button.
- Along with the Registry Editor window, you can see error 1004 related key. Select it for the backup.
- Now, go to the File menu and click on Export option.
- Later select the folder and locate it in a desirable place of the system.
- Now click on Save from the menu in order to keep a backup of the Bitdefender software.
- Type Backup file in the file name box and choose ‘Selected Branch option’ from the Export Range box.
- Click on the Save option. Now, you can see that the file is saved with the.reg file extension.
This whole process will keep backup of the Bitdefender file. Now, you can repair the file by following the online instructions. Once you are done with the repair process, open the Bitdefender software and check the issue remains the same or not
Switch the DNS
Modify your DNS connection and resolve this issue. Check the following steps to change your DNS.
- Open your Control Panel and click on Network and Internet section.
- Go to the Network and Sharing Center and then click on Change adapter settings option.
- Double-click on your Network and in the Network settings window, click on the Properties option.
- Then, click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on the Properties option.
- Now set DNS server addresses below-mentioned way.
Preferred DNS server- 22.214.171.124
Alternate DNS server-126.96.36.199
- Now click on the Apply and then OK
Update Your Operating System
If the old version of your operating system conflict with your latest Bitdefender application then Bitdefender VPN Error 1004 will occur. In this case, you need to update your OS to fix this issue. Hence, do the following.
- Go to the search panel by clicking on the Windows logo.
- Type Settings and press Enter.
- In the Settings window, go to the Update and Security section.
- Now go to the Update section from the left side of the panel
- Hit Check for Updates option. If you see the update is available then click on Update and download the latest one.
- Reboot your system and see the changes.
Reinstall the Bitdefender Software
If all the above-mentioned steps fail to solve the issue then uninstall your Bitdefender software and then reinstall it.
- Go to the Control Panel page and click on the Programs and Features option.
- In this section find out your Bitdefender application and right-click on it.
- Once you see the Uninstall option, click on it and uninstall the file.
- When the uninstallation process is complete, restart your system and reinstall Bitdefender antivirus again.
- After the installation, restart your system again.
- Now, open the VPN and check the issue.
Apply these methods step by step and get fixed Bitdefender VPN Error 1004. Hopefully, you can find these troubleshooting methods helpful for you. Do share your experience in the comment section as well as your queries.