How To Fix Application Load Error 5:0000065434
Application load error 5:0000065434 means there are certain issues with its directory. It is a common error that appears while starting a game on the Steam platform. Once affected, this error can stop you from playing in Steam.
This error can also occur if the system is not able to find the location of the installed game file.
Apart from that, corrupted or missing game files can also be the reason behind this issue. Sometimes, if you remove or replace any files from the game’s directory then you can encounter this error code on the system.
If you are also encountering the same issue and want to fix it instantly, then read this post carefully and use the methods given here to eliminate this particular error.
Five Effective Methods to Solve Application Load Error 5:0000065434
If you want to know how to fix application load error 5:0000065434 then follow the methods given below. After that, apply them one-by-one to eliminate this error from the system.
Method 1 – Remove App Cache Folder
Removing the App cache folder can fix the Application load error 5:0000065434 on the system. Follow the steps given below.
- Press the Windows Home button and E key to launch the File Explorer window.
- From the File Explorer window, go to the following path: C:>Program Files>Steam.
- In the Steam folder, find the App cache, right-click on it. Select the Delete button to remove it.
- Then close the Steam client and reboot the system. After rebooting the device, open Steam again and check if the error code still persists or not.
Method 2 – Run Steam as Administrator
One of the easy ways in which you can get rd of this error code is by running the Steam as administrator. To do that:
- Find the Steam’s shortcut or .exe file and right-click on it.
- Choose the Run as administrator button from the drop-down menu list.
- Once done, check if the problem is solved or not.
Method 3 – Copy Steam.exe in the Game’s Folder
Another easy method that you can try to eliminate the Steam application load error 5:0000065434 on the device is to copy the executable file of Steam into the folder where your game is located. The following steps will help you:
- Right-click on the Steam shortcut and choose the Open file location button.
- Locate and right-click on Steam.exe. After that, select the Copy button.
- Open the folder containing the game that can’t be opened and right-click on the free space to open the list. Select the Paste button.
- After these steps, try to open the game and check if it works fine or not.
Method 4 – Using the Command Prompt
Using the Command Prompt can fix the application load error 5:0000065434. Here are some steps that you can follow:
- Press the Win + X buttons together to launch the WinX Menu list and select Command Prompt(Admin).
- Type the following commands and then hit the Enter button after typing each.
mklink “steam.exe” “<SteamFolder>\steam.exe”
- Once it is done, restart the device, try to open the game on Steam and see if the issue has been solved or not.
Method 5 – Verify Integrity of Game Files in Steam
If the game files are corrupted or missing, then you may encounter this error on the device. So, you need to verify the integrity of game files in Steam. Follow these steps:
- Launch the Steam application.
- From the Steam window, go to the Library tab and find the problematic game, right-click on it. After that, choose the Properties button.
- On the Properties window, move to the Local files section and select the Verify integrity of game files…
- Now you need to wait for some time to finish the process. Once the process is complete, restart the system and then open the game.
These are the five methods that will help you fix the application load error 5:0000065434 easily. Let us know in the comment section below which methods were helpful for you.