Generally, error code 0xc0000022 is triggered by applications with compatibility issues in the latest versions of Windows.
However, some users encounter this issue while opening a PDF file, running Adobe Acrobat Reader, or another Adobe product. Thus, the error is termed as Adobe Reader 0xc0000022.
Besides this, some antivirus suites block permissions required by an application and thereby displaying the error code 0xc0000022. So, if the problem is associated with permissions of a DLL file, then you can fix it with administrative privileges
Therefore, today we will focus on the problem from the perspective of Adobe Reader. So, those who are encountering the issue while using Adobe can refer to this guide.
Eliminate Adobe Reader 0xc0000022 from Your Windows PC with Easy Hacks
If you don’t want to look for external assistance, then check out the solutions given below:
Solution 1: Repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable
Adobe Reader relies on Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable packages to work on Windows. Some users have also reported receiving this error just after a Windows update.
Thus, you can remove the error by repairing Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable as instructed below:
- Press Windows logo key and ‘R’ simultaneously on the keyboard to invoke the Run application.
- Then, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ into the Run window and press ‘Enter’ to access all ‘Programs and Features.’
- Locate Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable from the list of installed applications.
- Next, right-click on the particular package and select ‘Change’ from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on the ‘Repair’ button on the next window and click ‘OK” on the popup dialog box.
- After completing this setup, repeat the above steps with remaining Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 packages as well.
- When you are done with the entire process, restart the system and reopen Acrobat Reader or a PDF file to check the condition.
Note: If Adobe Reader continues to display the same error, then return to ‘Programs and Features’ window or open it if it’s already closed. Then, select all Microsoft Visual C++ packages and uninstall them.
After that reboot your PC and then download and install the packages from the official website of Microsoft.
Solution 2: Enable DirectPlay in Legacy Components
It is a network communication library for computer game development and related purposes. Hence, you might encounter the error while trying to open an old game or application.
Moreover, the error appears as the game tries to use a DLL file that was deprecated along with DirectPlay. DirectPlay components might be disabled on Windows 8.1 or 10 by default. But, still, you can enable it from Windows Settings.
Let’s see how can we activate DirectPlay in legacy components in a few steps:
- Press Windows logo key and ‘R’ at the same time to open the Run application.
- Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ into the Run window and press the ‘Enter’ button to access all ‘Programs and Features.’
- Click on ‘Turn Windows Feature on/off’ link and then check the ‘Legacy Components’ box.
- Next, hit the ‘+’ icon beside ‘Legacy Components’ and select DirectPlay.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button to save the new settings.
- You will then receive the message that Windows has completed the request changes when the Operating System has enabled DirectPlay.
- Close all the windows and reboot the system.
- Finally, launch Adobe Reader to ensure that you are no longer encountering the error code 0xc0000022.
Solution 3: Check the Permission Settings of Adobe Reader
- Right-click on the Adobe Reader shortcut on your desktop and select ‘Properties’ from the context menu.
- In case if you haven’t created a shortcut of Adobe Reader, then navigate to the folder where you have already installed Adobe.
- Right-click the’.exe’ file and select ‘Properties’ to open a new window.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ option under the ‘Security’ tab on the ‘Properties’ window.
- Find out your account, select it and check the box for ‘Full Control.’
- Hit the ‘Apply’ and then the ‘OK’ button to save the changes.
- Close the ‘Properties’ window and reopen Adobe Reader to ensure that it is working correctly.
We hope that you are clear about the solutions that we have discussed in this article. For any additional support or confusion, leave a comment in the section below this article.
Unfortunately, if the solutions don’t work for you, then connect with a computer expert who works on Windows PC and Adobe Reader.