If your Acer laptop is beeping continuously during startup, then you are not the only one who is facing this issue. There have been several reports where users faced the same problem.
There are various reasons for the occurrence of this problem. If the video/graphics card fails to execute in a proper way, then you might encounter this glitch.
If the RAM module of the laptop is not correctly set on the motherboard, then also you can face this issue. Or, if the processor of the laptop is seated properly in its place then there is a high probability for you to encounter this error.
Further, if the SATA connector of the hard drive is not attached to the motherboard in the correct manner, then also you can encounter this problem. Moreover, when the hard disk of the laptop does not function as it should, then also this error might come up.
Here, in this article, we have discussed the fixes that will help resolve this error if followed and implemented correctly. Hence, follow them and fix this beeping issue with your Acer laptop quickly and easily.
Acer Laptop Beeping on Startup: Try these Fixes
This is the section of the article, that will help you resolve the issue when your Acer laptop beeps continually on startup.
Fix 1: Inspect and Reseat the Random Access Memory Correctly
If the RAM module of the Acer laptop is not correctly set into the motherboard or it is faulty, then there is a possibility for you to encounter this issue. Now, the best solution to get rid of this problem is to either reseat the RAM or replace it with a new one.
Here are the steps on how you can do that.
- First, shut down the laptop and then remove the power plug from the wall socket and the battery.
- After that, take out the lower back panel of the laptop to reveal the RAM module installed within the correct slots.
- Next, push and pull all the RAM modules and take them out from the motherboard. Then, take an eraser and gently rub it on the connectors of the RAM module to remove any dirt.
- Once everything is complete, insert both the RAM modules into their proper places. Now, put the back panel into its correct place and start the laptop.
- If the laptop works fine, then there is no need to worry, otherwise, remove the RAM modules and test it with another laptop.
- Now, if the RAM modules are not working as it should, then you will have to check for errors with other hardware components.
Fix 2: Check the Video/Graphics Card Hardware
If the graphics or video card installed within the laptop is not correctly set or has foreign particles on it, then you might find that your Acer laptop keeps beeping on startup. If such is the case, you will have to clean the dust from the graphics card or replace it altogether with a new one.
In order to do that, follow the steps below.
- First, power off the laptop and then open the device to access the internal components of it.
- Now, locate the graphics card which is usually present right underneath the keyboard. Next, disconnect the ribbon connector between the LCD panel and the graphics card.
- After that, take out the heat sink and the video card from the motherboard of the laptop. If there are any dust particles on the graphics card, then using a soft brush and lint-free cloth gently remove those foreign particles.
- Next, insert the video card back into the motherboard and check if the device is working correctly or not.
- If after clearing all the dust particles from the GPU card, this issue is still showing, then the video card itself is faulty. So, replace it with a new one.
- At last, start the laptop and then see if this error comes up or not.
Fix 3: Reseat the Processor of the Acer Laptop
When the processor is not installed on the motherboard of the Acer laptop correctly, then there is a high possibility for you to meet with this issue. The only solution to get rid of this problem is to take out and then reseat the processor of the device once again.
The steps on how to do that are as follows:
- First, update the BIOS of the laptop to the latest version.
- Next, remove the back cover of the laptop to reveal the motherboard of the device.
- After that, get rid of the RAM modules from their slots and then take out the hard drive.
- Now, remove the video card from the device. Then, get rid of the heat sink and reveal the CPU of the machine.
- Now, unlock the socket and then pull out the CPU of the motherboard.
- Next, remove the old thermal paste and apply some over the processor once again.
- At last, install the CPU into its socket and then start the laptop.
Fix 4: Check the SATA Cable Connected to the Hard Drive
If the SATA cable that connects the hard drive and motherboard is not properly connected, then you might get this error. The easiest answer to get rid of this problem is to inspect the SATA cable connection and tighten it properly into its place.
To do that, follow the steps underneath.
- First, turn off the laptop.
- After that, open the back cover to reveal the hard drive of the machine. Next, detach the SATA cable from both the hard disk and the motherboard.
- Then, check the SATA cable for any puncture and slashing. Now, if there is a puncture on the cable, then replace it with a new one.
- If the cable does not have any puncture on it, then connect that cable securely to the hard drive and the motherboard.
- Lastly, insert the battery and then start the laptop and check if this issue is fixed or not.
Fix 5: Replace the Hard Drive
When the hard drive of the Acer laptop is faulty, then there is a chance for you to face this glitch. The feasible answer to resolve this problem is to replace the hard drive with a new one. For that to happen, follow the steps below.
- First, remove the faulty hard drive from the laptop. Now, connect it to another computer to check if it is working correctly or not.
- Next, see if you can access any file from this drive or not. If you can, then take those files into another drive. Otherwise, use a reliable disk recovery software to download all the data within the drive.
- Finally, replace the hard drive with a new one. And then, store all those data taken from the old disk and see if this problem is present or not.