Acer is a trending name in the world of laptops and some Acer users have faced this Acer Chromebook not charging problem.
It is often found that the Chromebook is showing only 1% charge, though the AC adapter connects to it. Thus, the Acer Chromebook fails to charge and as a result, it turns off.
You may find this disgusting, especially when you are high with your work on Acer Chromebook.
So, if you are wondering how to eliminate this issue, then follow this article to the end. Let’s see how you can fix it.
Causes Which Lead to Acer Chromebook Not Charging Issue:
There are several reasons due to which you might get this issue in your Acer Chromebook.
- The AC adapter does not connect the electrical plug in the proper way.
- The charging point of the Acer Chromebook is loose to the charging port of the AC adapter.
- Sudden discharge and then again charging might also cause the problem.
- Battery disputes can raise to Acer Chromebook battery not charging issue as well.
Now, as we have discussed the causes, let’s move to the below section where solutions have been described.
Solutions to Fix Acer Chromebook Not Charging Issue:
We have found numerous solutions to this problem. Some of the most popular ones are mentioned below.
Fix 1: Using Genuine Product
You can simply avoid the Acer Chromebook not charging issue simply by just using branded Acer products. Here we recommend to use only genuine and branded Acer AC adapters if you want to recharge your laptop and nothing else.
If you have replaced your AC adapter recently, then check if it is of Acer or not. Hence, you can ensure only the best for your Acer Chromebook.
If this fix doesn’t work, then try the next one.
Fix 2: Proper Wall Outlet
Make sure that you are using a functional wall outlet. You should avoid USB ports for charging your Chromebook. Wall outlet is a better option for you because often USB ports fail to provide sufficient electrical power to charge your Acer Chromebook.
Is this solution not working for your Chromebook? Try the next troubleshooting procedure.
Fix 3: Bypassing Surge Protector
If you are using a surge protector currently in your device, then it’s better to disconnect it. If you are facing the problem, then you may double-check whether the surge protector resists your device to get charging through the AC adapter.
Fix 4: Resetting the Battery
If your Acer Chromebook battery is not charging, then you might probably need a battery reset. Here’s how you can do it.
- You have to pull off the AC adapter.
- Press and hold the Power button for nearly 15 seconds of Acer Chromebook.
- If your system has a battery Reset button at the bottom, you can press it to reset the battery.
Now, plug in the AC adapter and check if the Chromebook starts charging back or not.
Fix 5: Removing the Battery
You may simply remove the battery to solve the issue. You need to pull the notch to release the battery of your Acer Chromebook. Then, smoothly and gently rub it for 10 seconds with your hands and place it in its position back again.
Fix 6: Recovery Mode Charging
This can be a savior to you if you still find the same problem in your Acer Chromebook. So apply the instructions as per directed.
- Press Esc+Refresh+power to enter into the recovery mode of Acer Chromebook.
- Connect and power on your AC adapter to the Chromebook.
- Close the lid.
- Allow your Chromebook to get charged fully.
- Open your laptop and start working.
Hope these fixes will help you in solving your Acer Chromebook not charging issue.
If all the troubleshooting fails to recover, then please it is advised to go for a professional’s assistance to get rid of the issue hassle-free.