Fatal Error c0000022 is one of the most common problems faced by many users. This error basically occurs due to failed Windows update or system conflicts from other third-party software. In most of the cases, faulty updates are the main reason for this error. Other reasons for this error include defective hardware, program bugs, read error or other abnormalities.
Effective Methods to Fix Fatal Error C0000022
Try the following easy methods to fix this error permanently from your system. Therefore, follow the instructions mentioned below.
Solution 1: Perform Complete ShutDown
To begin with, you can try to fix Fatal error c0000022 by performing a complete shutdown. This will help the computer to do a hard reset of the hardware components. Thus, follow the instructions below to do so.
- Press the Start button from the bottom left position of your main desktop screen. Here, type ‘cmd’ and right-click on Command Prompt. Choose to Run the program as an Administrator.
- Next, type the following command and press Enter to execute it.
- shutdown -s -f -t 0
- Now, your computer will shut down immediately. After that, take out the plugs from the power supply and press the Power button on your CPU for a few seconds.
- Wait for a few minutes before plugging it back in.
- Lastly, turn on your PC and check if the problem has been fixed or not.
Solution 2: Remove Recent Updates with DISM Command
As stated earlier, the fatal error c0000022 is caused due to a faulty update. Therefore, you need to remove these updates by using the DISM tool. It is a built-in tool that is pre-installed in Windows Operating System.
Therefore, follow the below-mentioned steps carefully.
- First, press the Windows logo button from your keyboard to open the Start menu. After that, type ‘cmd’ and run “Command Prompt” as an Administrator.
- Thereafter, type the following commands and execute them one by one by pressing the Enter key.
- DISM.exe /Image:C:\ /get-packages
- DISM.exe /Image:C:\ /remove-package/packagename:package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~188.8.131.52
- DISM.exe /Image:C:\ /get-packages
- After executing the commands, close the command prompt and restart your computer.
- Next, open a browser and head over to Microsoft’s Download Center. Thereafter, download the Windows Service Pack 1 update from the site.
- Finally, run the downloaded file as an Administrator and follow the on-screen instructions to install the update. Your computer will reboot once again. Check if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 3: Run Automatic Startup Repair
Another way to fix this error is by running an Automatic Startup Repair. For this, go through the instructions provided below.
- Restart your computer and repeatedly press the F11 key when the manufacturer’s logo appears on the screen. Here, head over to the Troubleshoot option.
- After that, go to Advanced Options and select the Advanced Startup option.
- Next, the Automatic Startup Repair will begin to repair the scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings. After the process is completed, restart your system once again. Check if this resolves the problem or not.
Solution 4: Perform a System Restore
As a last resort, you can perform a system restore of your operating system to try and fix Fatal Error C0000022. This will help you to roll back your system settings and changes before the error occurred. Therefore, follow the steps below to perform a System Restore.
- First, restart your system and press the F11 key on the initial boot screen. Here, choose the “Troubleshoot” option and head over to the “Advanced” section.
- Next, go to Startup Options and then select System Restore.
- Now, follow the instructions that follow and choose a restore point from the list. Thereafter, finish the system restore process and restart your system. Your problem should be resolved by now.
Finally, applying the above solutions should easily help you resolve Fatal Error c0000022 from your system. Make sure that you have followed all the steps carefully. If the problem still exists, then it is recommended to seek professional help from the technicians. They will be able to identify and fix your issues effectively.