A printer is a crucial accessory for computers. It allows us to convert virtual texts to printed documents that are important for our day-to-day work.
After you have bought a printer for yourself, it is vital to set up the device accurately. It is an important task that will decide the efficiency and the overall performance of your printing machine.
This article will discuss the steps that you need to follow to set up Epson Connect for your printer on Windows or Mac OS. So if you are wondering how to execute the Epson Connect printer setup, don’t worry and follow this post. You’ve come to the right place.
Before You Begin With The Printer Setup
There are certain things that you have to ensure before beginning the Epson Connect printer setup. These are listed below:
- First, you need to switch on your Epson printer. Then, plug in the power cord of the printer and turn on the Power key.
- Ensure that you have a cartridge loaded in your printer. Also, check the alignment of the pages.
- Now connect your Epson printer with your wireless network or Ethernet. To connect your Epson printer with a network, you can simply follow the steps that are described in the user manual/guide. In case you fail to connect it, you can ask for professional help.
Epson Connect Printer Setup: Stepwise Instructions
Now that you have connected to a reliable Internet option, your printer is ready for setup. You can now proceed to the actual task of enabling Epson Connect. We will discuss how to setup Epson Connect printer both for Windows and Mac OS users.
Most of the Internet users have Windows OS on their devices. If you are among them, then these are the steps to install the Epson Connect printer:
- Visit the official website of Epson and locate the “Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility”. Click on it and then download the program to your device.
- Now when you are asked, click on the “I agree to the end-user license agreement”. Press the “Install” button to initiate the process of printer installation.
- After the installation is completed, click on the “Finish” button. The printer setup will be launched now.
- Now choose the product from the list and then click on Next. Also, click on “Printer Registration” and hit the Next tab.
- Once again click on the license agreement and privacy statement and press the Next button. A message will appear on the screen, stating that your printer would be registered on “Epson Connect”.
- Click OK to confirm the action. In case, you are a new user and don’t have an account, fill out the list and click on “Finish”.
- But, if you have an account, click on “I Already Have an Account”. Fill in the form and add a new printer to the list. Close it after you are done.
The process of the Epson Connect printer setup for Mac users is almost similar to that of Windows users. However, there are some differences.
If you are a Mac user, this is what you need to do to set up Epson Connect on your printer:
Go to the official page of Epson and download the “Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility” program.
Download and then install the software on your device. Now, select the license agreement and privacy statement displayed on your screen.
Select the “Install” button. After the installation is completed, you will need to select the product.
Choose your product that appears on the window and click on “Next”.
In case this window doesn’t appear don’t panic. Go to “Finder”, then select the application.
Now choose the Epson software. Click on “Printer Setup” and a page will appear asking you to register your device on “Epson Connect”.
Accept the user agreement and license agreement and click on the Next tab. If you are a new user, follow step 6 as discussed for the Windows users. Then fill your printer’s details and add the new printer. Click on Add and you are ready to use your printer on Epson Connect.
Hence, setting up your printer to Epson Connect is a simple task, which anyone can do by themselves. We have provided the steps in a very lucid and easy manner so it can be understood by anyone. Hopefully, our article is helping you out through the setup process. Do let us know about your feedback in the comment section.
Frequently asked questions
1. What to do When Epson Connect Printer Setup can’t Find the Device?
In case, the Epson Connect setup is unable to find your printer, ensure that both the printing machine and PC are on the same network. Also, check whether your printer is switched on and if you are choosing the right printer.
2. How do I Connect my Epson Printer to my Phone?
Download “Epson Print Enabler” from Google Play and plug-in the printer to your smartphone.
Check if your Epson printer is connected to a wireless network. On your phone, go to “Settings” and choose the “Printer” option. Turn on the Epson plug-in and connect your smartphone with the same wireless network as your printer. Now, your printer is ready to print the documents from your smartphone.