Some Outlook users have reported that they are facing the Outlook error 0x800ccc0f while trying to send an email.
Generally, this error code pops up if the Outlook application is corrupted. Sometimes, Windows Firewall or any third-party security software can block Outlook from sending the email.
A damaged or corrupted Outlook OST file can be a cause for this error. You can also get this error if the SMTP settings are incorrect on the Outlook application.
So, if you are also suffering from this Outlook error code, then stay with this article. Here, you will get to know all the solutions to get rid of this error in a smooth and efficient manner.
Reliable Procedures to Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f
When you get this error code on your Outlook account, at first, you need to restart your Outlook account. Simply, sign out of your account and wait for a few seconds. After that, sign into it and then try to send an email.
Once you are done, check if the error code still persists or not. If yes, then you need to use other procedures mentioned below. Go through the fixes and implement them accordingly to resolve this annoying Outlook error.
Procedure 1 – Check the Connections
A poor internet connection can cause the Outlook error 0x800ccc0f to pop up on the system. So, at first, you need to check whether the internet connection is working correctly or not.
If you are using a WiFi connection, but this error code still appears, then you need to use Ethernet cables to make the connections. With the use of Ethernet cable, you will be able to get rid of this problem easily. So, use the ethernet cable and then check if the error code still shows up or not.
Procedure 2 – Turn Off Windows Firewall
If the Windows Firewall feature is turned On, then you might face this problem on the system. So, you have to simply disable it in order to solve this error. Follow these steps:
- At first, launch the Control Panel window.
- From the Control Panel window, locate the Windows Firewall, double-click on it.
- When the Windows Firewall window opens, click on the Turn Windows Firewall On and Off button from the left panel.
- On the next window, select the Turn Off Windows Firewall option from the Private Network Settings and Public Network Settings box.
Once you are done with these steps, click on the OK option to save the changes. Then restart your PC and then check if the problem is fixed or not.
Procedure 3 – Uninstall the Security Software
After disabling the Windows Firewall feature, if the Outlook sending error 0x800ccc0f still appears, then you can simply uninstall the security software that you have installed on the system. Go through these steps:
- First of all, open the Settings window by pressing the Windows Home key and I button together.
- From the Settings window, double-click on the Apps section.
- When the Apps window opens, select the Apps and Features tab on the left pane. After that, scroll down the page and find your Security software, click on it.
Now, you will get an option Uninstall, click on it to start the uninstalling process. Once the process is complete, reboot the system and then try to send an email from your Outlook account.
Procedure 4 – Increase the Server Timeouts Settings in Outlook
An effective procedure to resolve this error is to increase the server timeouts settings in Outlook. To do this, follow the directions given below:
- Firstly, launch the Outlook application.
- Go to the File tab and then hit the Account Settings option.
- In the Account Settings window, select the Change button and then click on the More Settings option.
- From the E-mail settings window, navigate to the Advanced section and then drag the Server Timeouts bar to the right. After performing these steps, hit the OK option to save the changes and then check if the error has been eliminated or not.
Procedure 5 – Open Outlook in Safe Mode
Opening Outlook in safe mode can solve many email errors on Outlook. So, you need to launch the Outlook in the safe mode. The following steps will help you:
- Hold down the Windows Home button and press the R key to launch the Run window.
- Type “Outlook /safe” and then hit the Enter button or click on the OK option.
Now, Outlook will open in safe mode. Try to send an email to check if the issue is fixed or not.
Procedure 6 – Remove Suspicious Emails from Outlook
Suspicious emails in Outlook can result in this error code. So, you need to properly delete them as soon as possible and then try to send an email and check if the problem is solved or not.
Procedure 7 – Repair Outlook
Repairing Outlook can fix the Outlook error code 0x800ccc0f on your computer. So, you should give that a try. Follow the steps cited below:
- Press Win + X buttons to launch the WinX menu list and then select the Control Panel button.
- When the Control Panel window opens, go to the Programs and Features section and then find the Outlook application, right click on it.
- After that, click on the Repair button and follow the instructions appearing on the screen to finish the repair process.
- Once done, reboot the system and then check if Outlook works correctly without any errors.
Procedure 8 – Reinstall the Microsoft Outlook Application
If none of the procedures help you out, then you have to try this procedure to solve the Outlook error 0x800ccc0f. Follow these instructions:
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows button and R key.
- Type appwiz.cpl and then click on the OK button or press the Enter key to launch the Programs and Features section.
- From the Programs and Features window, find Microsoft Outlook and then select it. After that, click on the Uninstall button.
- After removing Outlook, reinstall it properly from the official website of Microsoft.
So, go to the Microsoft official website and download the latest version of Outlook and then install it properly. When you install it, follow the directions that pop-ups on the screen.
Once you are done, restart the system and then try to send an email from Outlook to check if the error is resolved or not.
Procedure 9 – Modify the Outlook Server Settings
Modifying the Outlook server settings can also resolve this error code. To do this, follow the instructions:
- Launch Outlook.
- From the Outlook window, go to the Tools menu and select the Account Settings button.
- Choose your email account from the menu list and then select the Change option.
- From the Change Email Settings window, locate More Settings, click on it.
- Go to the Outgoing Server section, and mark on the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication button.
- Next, navigate to the Advanced section and modify the Outgoing server(SMTP) port. After that, select the OK option to save the changes.
In this article, we have discussed on Outlook error 0x800ccc0f. The fixes provided here, will hopefully, help you to get rid of this error code on your system.
Go through the procedures carefully and perform the steps one-by-one on your Outlook to fix the issue you are facing. You can also seek help from a technical expert.