Windows 10 is one of the most popular computer Operating System and people around the world use this for its wide range of features. It consists of all the features that you might need from a computer operating system. Apart from that, the best thing about Windows 10 is that this is very reliable.
Still, you might face problems with this every once in a while and the error 651 is one of the most common ones. Is the connection error 651 Windows 10 causing trouble as of now? then you do not have to worry too much as this issue is something that you will be able to fix on your own.
With the instructions that we have provided in this article, you will be able to fix this issue. On top of that, you will not have to go and get tech support right away. In this way, you will be able to save a lot of your time and other resources. So let’s go ahead and deal with it further.
Why the Connection Error 651 Windows 10 Occurs?
Before we go and discuss the different ways in which you will be able to fix this error code issue, it is very important to have a solid understanding of why this issue is occurring in the first place. It will undoubtedly give you twofold benefits.
Firstly, you will find it a lot easier to understand and then implement the solutions that we have given here. Secondly, with a proper understanding of the causes of this particular error code issue, you are going to avoid a lot of the problematic situations that might come your way.
This is mainly an issue with the different network systems that you use. However, if this error code comes up in the form of an error message, then you will not be able to properly use the network and connect to the internet.
It can come from any issue that might be there with the modem that you are using. Either it can be physical damage to the hardware components of it or it might have something to do with the working software and sometimes both.
Sometimes, it can be the TCP/IP of the system which is causing the issue. Another useful feature which is capable of causing this particular problem is the automatic tuning feature.
And lastly, if you do not have the latest updates for the network driver that is in your computer system, then that can lead to this issue as well.
Thus, we have covered all the possible causes of this particular error code.
How to Fix the Connection Error 651 Windows 10 Error: Stepwise Guide
In this section of the article, let us see how we can resolve the connection error 651 Windows 10. We recommend that you identify the exact cause for this issue is in your case beforehand so that you can go ahead and apply the solutions for it straight away.
But if you do not know that accurately, then no problem at all. Just apply these steps one after the other and that is going to give you the solutions to this issue.
Update the Network Drivers in your Computer
Keeping the network drivers up-to-date is going to be instrumental in properly running the system. And in case you do not have the latest ones, then you have to get them if you want your computer network to work properly.
Here is how you can do that.
- Go to the Search bar of Windows and type in Device Manager in that and hit the Enter key.
- From the list of results that come up on the screen, choose the Device Manager option.
- Now, in the new window that comes up, select the Network Category and then select the Network driver.
- Now, look for the Update Driver option and after that, choose the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
After this, the system is going to look for any updates if they are available. Once the system finds that the updates are there, just click on the Install button. Thus, in this way, you will update the Network drivers and that is going to fix this issue.
Restart your Modem and Computer
One of the most simple fixes you can apply in this case is to restart the devices that you are using. It includes the modem and the computer system that you are using. What happens is that as you keep using the computer, the settings keep on changing and the same things happen for the modem.
Figuring out which setting is wrong and causing what problem can be very confusing. That is why the best thing that you can do will be to just restart these two systems that you have. With that, you will be able to fix this particular error code.
Tweak Settings in the Network and Sharing Center
If you want to fix any issue that relates to the network and other such connection features, then you have to go to the Network and Sharing Center section in your computer. Here, you can do two different things, one is to dial up a new internet connection and the other is to disable the IPv6 setting of your Network protocol.
Let us first see how we can put together a new dial-up connection.
- On the home screen of your computer, look for the Internet icon and click on it, once you find it.
- From the list that comes up, from there, look for the Open Network and Sharing Center option.
- Now, look for the Change Adapter Settings option and click on it.
- In the dropdown list that comes up, from there, look for the Create Copy option and click on it.
- Right-click on the original dial-up connection and from the dropdown option, click on the Delete option.
- Right-click on the Internet icon once again and click on the Open Network and Sharing Center option.
- Look for the Set up a new connection or network option and click on it.
- From there, select the Connect to the internet option and then click on the Next button.
- Now, click on the Set up a new connection anyway option and after that, select Broadband (PPPoE) option.
- In the window that comes up, type in the username, the password which your ISP gave you and then click on the Connect button.
After you have done all this, try and connect to the Network again and see if you can connect to it or not.
To change the IPv6 settings and deactivate it, here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Once again, look for the Internet icon from your home screen and right-click on it.
- Now, look for the Open Network and Sharing Center option and then click on it.
- Look for the Change Adapter Settings option and once you find it, click on it to open that window.
- Find out where your network connection is on the list and after you find it, right-click on it. Click on the Properties option from the dropdown list that appears.
- In the next window, look for the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) option and then click on the checkbox next to it.
- Finally, click on the OK button to save all the changes that you have made to the Network settings.
Now try to connect to the internet and see if it is working. If yes, then good. Otherwise, go to the next step on this list.
Switch Off the Auto-tuning feature
Turning the auto-tuning feature off can just be another solution that you can try to fix this issue. And once you turn it off, it is going to fix up this particular error code.
Here are all the steps that you are going to need.
- Go to the search box of the Windows search panel, type in cmd and then press the Enter key.
- From the list of results that come up, right-click on the Command Prompt option. From the dropdown list that appears, click on the Run as Administrator option.
- A dialogue box is going to appear on which you will have to click to the Yes button to confirm.
- In the Command Prompt window, type in the Netsh interface TCP set global autotuning=disabled command. Hit the Enter key after you do so.
Now, try to connect to the internet and see if you are able to do that without a problem.
Reset the TCP/IP from your Windows 10 PC
The Transmission Control Protocol or the Internet Protocol is a very important setting and if there is something wrong with this, then that is going to manifest itself as error code. To fix this issue and get the system back to work properly once again, here are the steps that you need to perform.
- In the Windows search panel, type in cmd and then press the Enter key.
- That is going to bring up a list of results. From there, you have to select the Command Prompt option.
- Right-click on that option and from the dropdown list, select the Run as Administrator option.
- Now, once you are in the Command Prompt window, type in the netsh int ip reset reset.log command.
After completing the actions of this command, you are going to fix this error code with ease.
This completes our instructional for the connection error 651 Windows 10 issue. In case these solutions fail to fix your problem, then it means there is a more serious issue. For that, you might have to call tech support team to get help from experts. This is going to fix your problem in a much easier manner.